Kevin Butler GT5 TV Spot is available now

  • Thread starter Thread starter kyleh613
  • 83 comments
  • 10,165 views
Like I said on YouTube,

Kevin Butler is Sony's Old Spice Guy. :lol:
 
The 370z with the HKS stickers next to the lambo looks pretty nice. That commercial is awesome, the laugh is just priceless.
 
Speaking of ads

has anybody seen a commercial for gt5 on speed tv

im here watching this boring shows and im yet to see one:nervous:
 
I guess that's the best ad I've seen for years. And that's something.

Seeing the full damage system in the comercial, I think it might really be unlocked after reaching driver level 20 and unlocking the extreme racing. Easing everyone into the game, whether you want it or not seems like a strange choice, but it definitely beats having a weaker damage model in place.

Gotta love Kevin's laugh at the end. Epic. And his title as 'VP of Add More Awesome' is just that: Awesome 👍
 
That was an amazing ad haha, if they ever got rid of him, it would piss alot of people off!

"when they said they needed their test cars back i said Muhahahahahaha" sooo funny!!!
 
Im suprised no one here has mentioned that in the beginning of the video, it shows a kid standing in a midnight launch line...

Does this confirm that 90% of retailers will do a midnight launch? Most notably Gamestop?

I hope it does...or I will be sleeping outside my Gamestop till it opens...
 
Im suprised no one here has mentioned that in the beginning of the video, it shows a kid standing in a midnight launch line...

Does this confirm that 90% of retailers will do a midnight launch? Most notably Gamestop?

I hope it does...or I will be sleeping outside my Gamestop till it opens...

Well, i did mention in the other thread that the Gamestops in Calgary, Alberta aren't doing a midnight launch, i don't know about the Bestbuy, Futureshop here but i know Gamestop definitely isn't
 
They said 500 cars and he said make it 1000...

So Kevin Butler is to blame for the whole standard car thing!
 
Good to see him back and driving an SLS, I am sure we will see him with GT5 cars again in the next months.....

by the way did her ever apologize for predicting the Kansas City Royals in 6 at the World Series and not the Giants... Oops?? he had a 1/30 shot at getting that one right....

I made sure he stayed away from the Flan as well.... :dunce:
 
Hilarious ad. Couldn't stop watching it! :lol:

Anyway, the race modified Comaro and Corvette look amazing! Defenitely having those two in my garage. I hope there are different colors/liveries for the RM cars as well.
 
Speaking of ads

has anybody seen a commercial for gt5 on speed tv

im here watching this boring shows and im yet to see one:nervous:

That was pathetic. I watched those stupid shows for nothing, too. Good thing I have a very fast forward.

I guess it was Speed trying to bring attention to their worst shows. Cheap trick. There were only two adds for GT5 and they were about 10 seconds long. Once at the top of the hour and one at the end of the third hour.

Again, a cheap trick.
 
Nicely done! His laugh is now my text message alert tone on my phone, mwahahahaha! KB ftw!
 
"When they said 500 cars, I said make it a 1000." 💡

That proves our suspicion that Sony forced PD to add standard cars. They could probably make 500 premiums if they didn't have to make 800 standards look better.
 
Agreed Jerry Lambert is truly hilarious lol. Anybody remember his first MLB 09 ad as Kevin and from then on greatness.....mwahahaha.
 
Can't go wrong with a bit of GT5 and a side of KB. ;)
 
What don't try to broad slide a sls while getting of the back of a trailer something tells me not many people have a sls and a trailer.

Well speak for yourself..
 
It wasn't SPEED's fault for Thursday's lack of GT5 spotlights. It's Sony's fault! SPEED doesn't run ads for free ya know. As always, Sony got what they paid for. Maybe the should pony up the cash to hire some stars like Kobe Bryant and then pay for use of military choppers. That wretched CoD craPBox commercial wasn't cheap!

Instead of flooding any sports related (racing in particular) programming, or Spike, or Geefur (G4), the masterminds of Sony's marketing team will run that ad during FOOTBALL! Sorry, my teams aren't televised tomorrow. I have no reason to watch. Besides, the Cup race is a whole heck of a lot more important than the Patsy game. Sony needs to fire their entire marketing team!!!

Just saw the ad on SPEED @ 2:08am ET and it wasn't even HD!!! it was fricken 4:3!!'
 
Last edited:
Just saw it again, 3:12am, it was 4:3. I hope they get an HD version in time for RaceDay in the morning.

I just Tweeted @JeffRubenstein and @SPEED about the 4:3 issue.
 
Last edited:
Back