Kevin Butler GT5 TV Spot is available now

  • Thread starter Thread starter kyleh613
  • 83 comments
  • 10,165 views
Haha nice! The end was funny. :lol:
 
The commercial is top notch I loved it. This also confirms for me that we have not seen the full damage system. Cant wait to play this amazing game.
 
great advert hilarious ending !!! great game deserves a great commercial : achieved !
 
what is strange, is that sony is still advertizing the advanced damage system in GT5 (they said realistic damage is impossible, I said make it !) although we didnt see this supposed advanced system in any of the leaked videos or from the hands on impressions of those who already have the game...

very strange...
 
best Butler ad yet!
 
what is strange, is that sony is still advertizing the advanced damage system in GT5 (they said realistic damage is impossible, I said make it !) although we didnt see this supposed advanced system in any of the leaked videos or from the hands on impressions of those who already have the game...

very strange...

i found that very strange as soon as they said it. why would they create an advert with that in it if it wasnt true?
 
the WRX at 14 seconds with the door flying off, that's awesome. Can't wait to see damage better than what we've seen so far.
 
the WRX at 14 seconds with the door flying off, that's awesome. Can't wait to see damage better than what we've seen so far.

That WRX video is from something like 18 months ago. There's also another video, actual gameplay, where doors and things fly off. Hopefully it is an indication of what's possible.
 
Haha great ad :lol:.
Oh wow look at that Camaro. What's on the side? Flame art?
And look at the Corvette. Dual color livery?

schermata20101118a15565.png

Awesome. First proof of the racing mod return! That would be the Chevrolet Camaro SS RM ‘10 and Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM ‘09 race modified cars. Too bad the '96 Grand Sport didn't make it back to race mod. That car was awesome in GT2.
 
Cracking Ad made me Laugh lots 👍
 
Thought the ad was very cool, keepem coming Sony. Want to see more Kevin Butler, very funny man!


ps. The people in this thread complaining about damage, will probably not use it. Complainers just need attention and this is how they get it. IMO!!!!
 
Now open for business.

Keep it on topic please.
 
The ad is hilarious, but I just can't help but notice those few seconds of damage modeling. Just doesn't seem to be what we're seeing in the videos/pictures/etc posted on the site. Hopefully, in some way, the ad is the accurate representation.
 
There is something intrinsically funny about that man. I wish he received more exposure in the UK and Ireland as he has done wonders for the Sony PlayStation brand thus far.

Edit: I will be laughing like that once I pay for my copy of GT and run out of the store with shifty eyes and an evil grin. Most likely.
 
Last edited:
So does anybody have the gameplay video of the door flying off that somebody mentioned above?
 
The ad is hilarious, but I just can't help but notice those few seconds of damage modeling. Just doesn't seem to be what we're seeing in the videos/pictures/etc posted on the site. Hopefully, in some way, the ad is the accurate representation.



 
Great commercial as always by Mr. Butler. I was expecting a more "Man Furismo Jive" ad but that one was great anyway.

And Sony's commercials for the PS3 and games have gotten so much better! Anyone remember when it launched and the commercials made no sense at all?
 
Bravo, Sony marketing department! But I gotta ask: Why not air it during the NASCAR finale on Sunday, as well?
 
Uhh, it looks like a lowered, stock SS with a bunch of Chevy stickers.

I had hopes looking at the Camaro that is was just a stock version with a race mod livery (possibly suggesting multiple versions of Racing Modification) however I then proceeded to notice the gutted interior and window net and I believe that it is indeed the Camaro RM. :( It's a shame the exterior was so neglected while the ZR1 race mod looks almost like the GT2 Corvette Race car with a different livery.
 
The Camaro look like it have the golden flame stickers like the decals on old tran am's.
 
Great commercial as always by Mr. Butler. I was expecting a more "Man Furismo Jive" ad but that one was great anyway.

And Sony's commercials for the PS3 and games have gotten so much better! Anyone remember when it launched and the commercials made no sense at all?

I remember those ads, and I hated them. The Kevin Butler campaign saved Sony's butt in North America, and this one is easily one of the best. You can't beat being VP of Add More Awesome while laughing maniacally.

Edit: Does that make him the anti-Colin Chapman?
 
That advert is all awesome, and KB has an evil laugh :D

KB is down with GT5.
 
ROFL...Kevin's laugh at the end sells it! Great ad!
 
Everything KB touches turns to gold, I swear. Great ad, Sony's marketing department has really come along in the last two years.
 
I wonder how Kaz feels that his exceptionally serious racing game gets promoted by a comedian as soon as he hands it over to Sony. :lol:
 
Back