Kicking people because of Nationality

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 76 comments
Germany
Germany
x_XNyordiaX_x
I've seen this a lto of times already, and it makes me wonder why it happens. Is a drifter from Spain, better or worse then a drifter from the U.S.? Everybody knows what drifting is, and aren't we supposed to enjoy our passion together?

I'd say give people from other nationalities a chance, no matter where they're from. If communication fails when those people are making the lobby worse, fine... But kicking as soon as someone with a different flag joins is total bull, or am i mistaken?

In Australian servers people from europe and North America tend to lag the rooms more often than not due to the slow internet here in Australia. If a drifter from avast has good connection and has no lag then I''m down with them in the room but if they lag the room up it becomes annoying. Most Oz/NZ players (like me) strictly stick to servers made by Aussies or Kiwi's because they know the connection should be stable. However, I will say, Aussies and Kiwi's like each others company more than the company of other countries because, well, were mates. Us lot get along well.

If you join my room with a good connection regardless of country I'm happy

In Australian servers people from europe and North America tend to lag the rooms more often than not due to the slow internet here in Australia. If a drifter from avast has good connection and has no lag then I''m down with them in the room but if they lag the room up it becomes annoying. Most Oz/NZ players (like me) strictly stick to servers made by Aussies or Kiwi's because they know the connection should be stable. However, I will say, Aussies and Kiwi's like each others company more than the company of other countries because, well, were mates. Us lot get along well.

If you join my room with a good connection regardless of country I'm happy

Key point being, you got to prove you weren't laggy or an idiot. A lot of hosts don't even give people that chance :s Plus, i have an American account but live in europe, which people cant know, so they cant kick me because of lag issues when they're not sure where the connection originates from :s

I am actually moving to Aus from Italy but have a UK PSN am I likely to be kicked from an Aus Lounge? If so perhaps it is bst I create an Aus PSN Account.

I am actually moving to Aus from Italy but have a UK PSN am I likely to be kicked from an Aus Lounge? If so perhaps it is bst I create an Aus PSN Account.

Imo, if they kick you because of your flag, theyre not worth spending time with tbh :P But thats just me. But you might have the risk of that happening aye :P

Try out some rooms when you get over here but if you get too much hassle then maybe you may need to make an Aussie account. I would still stick with your current PSN at this time.

Imo, if they kick you because of your flag, theyre not worth spending time with tbh :P But thats just me. But you might have the risk of that happening aye :P

Currently I race only out of private lounges with a large group but this will end due to time differences. I want to set up another group in Aus so will have to go and start the recruitment in Aus public lounges and would like to keep my current PSN but yes you are right if I get kicked because of the flag then they are not worth the effort but I will never know this if I have an Aus PSN so it may be worth just sticking with the UK one and those that do not kick me might turn out to be just the kind of clean racers I am looking for.

Last edited:
I've seen this a lto of times already, and it makes me wonder why it happens. Is a drifter from Spain, better or worse then a drifter from the U.S.? Everybody knows what drifting is, and aren't we supposed to enjoy our passion together?

I'd say give people from other nationalities a chance, no matter where they're from. If communication fails when those people are making the lobby worse, fine... But kicking as soon as someone with a different flag joins is total bull, or am i mistaken?

I know the feeling.... I like to join japanese lobbies just to see what people from the other side of the world are doing and this happens:

1. I get kicked inmeadiately.

2. I last around 10-30 minutes and I get kicked.

3. Rarely, around like 2% of the times I don't get kicked, but no one tandems with me. :ouch:

It's sad because everytime a japanese guy joins my lobbies I don't kick them, or anyone from another nationality either.

This happens with french lobbies very often...

Noticed that too. Sometimes; they're too noob to see the difference between a dutch flag and their own so it takes while.

@Gonalez; Is it Australian lobbies in particular that you want join. Or is your post more about lobbies in general and that people kick you if your not from the same country?

Noticed that too. Sometimes; they're too noob to see the difference between a dutch flag and their own so it takes while.

@Gonalez; Is it Australian lobbies in particular that you want join. Or is your post more about lobbies in general and that people kick you if your not from the same country?

Mostly the spanish tbh :/ I got to know some french peeps and got accepted that way, but whenever i join spanish people its a kick, 95%of the time :s

I got kicked several times for being german and was called a N**i.

I just ignore it because these ...ehh people will never get it.

Just enter with the Portuguese flag and avoid :

Portuguese Lobbys
Spanish sometimes.
and Australians.

The rest is safe. :)

Mostly the spanish tbh :/ I got to know some french peeps and got accepted that way, but whenever i join spanish people its a kick, 95%of the time :s

My experience is similar, it happens with UK rooms sometimes, but 95% of the times it's spanish rooms. I thought it was because i play from Spain with an UK account, so i get more spanish rooms recommended to me due to PING. But if it's happening to you, maybe it's a Spanish habit.

Personally, i've hated that since i first saw it, and i think it's repugnant. Poliphony Digital put such stringent censorship on the chat system, that often "bleeps" stuff you write that's not really offensive, but this doesn't seem to bother them, and it IS blatant discrimination. I don't think it should be so hard to figure if all the users in a room are from the same nationality and all other users are getting kicked on sight, that something is wrong in that room, i'm sure you could make an automatic system that detects and stops that behaviour...

And in my opinion one of the roots of the problem: Spain is one of the few EU countries were virtually no english is spoken.

As a mexican I have to avoid:
US, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian and Aussies and Kiwies
The rest is ok

In my opinion I think PD should remove the Nationality Flag, and in it's place put a Connection Bar or something like that. I say this because I have been in many public lobbies and some people don't even give someone a chance to get on track and immediately kick them using the old excuse 'They were lagging constantly', really it's just because of their nationality.

In my opinion I think PD should remove the Nationality Flag, and in it's place put a Connection Bar or something like that. I say this because I have been in many public lobbies and some people don't even give someone a chance to get on track and immediately kick them using the old excuse 'They were lagging constantly', really it's just because of their nationality.

That is a very good point, I agree with you 100%.

Reading all those experiences, quotes like "It's just a game" and "Drifting is all about fun" became so irrelevant. Just saying.

Funny... im Brazilian and its hard to remember any time that i had bad experiences related to my flag. I have enough maturity and good humor to not let be "bullied" by anybody or at least don´t get angry about it. In the worst situations i start to mix english and portuguese only to remember who speaks more than 1 lenguage and who dont.

Of course i barely never get into any japanese room, but sometimes i get better connections playing with australians and NZ people than some rooms from the americas. Besides, anytime i open my own room, i don´t pay attention to nobody´s flag.

And the lag expectation based on the flags is just a imature prejudice. There are a lot of things envolved in the latency issues. If you have more than 0.8 mb/s of upload, 10 mb/s of download, Nat 1 or 2, UPNP working and your GT5 cache clean... you don´t have to worry about anything. If anything wird happen, is not your fault.

EDIT:
I just spoken too early. Star_Drift_DmX just kicked me out for no reason. It´s sad for him and his team (by the way, Star_Drift_DK was there too, so this kind of behavior is tolerated on this team).

Last edited:

I'm from England, but am studiying in Germany, so that means the adress and stuff is german - so my PSN has to be german.
I have a love for drifting, especially with different nationalities, but I hate when I go into a drift room full of americans or brit's and I get kicked, or take the mick outta the flag and call me a N:censored:zi. I mean, I know england is a weee bit racist, but its better now but seriously whats wrong with people?

Well considering I'm the leader of a team with people all over the world, I have no problem. As long as people are not lagging and they are not causing trouble, there is no problem.

I never kick anyone based on their flag. Although I have heard people in my rooms screaming at me to kick people because "that laggy rx-7" is ruining their drifts.

Bad connection doesn't explain why I get kicked by Americans for being Canadian. I joined a NASCAR room a few days ago and all I hear is, "He's Canadian... kick him!" Followed by "GET THE 🤬 OUT OF HERE!" And its not the first time it's happened to me.

EDIT:
I just spoken too early. Star_Drift_DmX just kicked me out for no reason. It´s sad for him and his team (by the way, Star_Drift_DK was there too, so this kind of behavior is tolerated on this team).

Yeah, I was on Star Drift a really long time ago (not proud of it either) & they tend to do that. Just don't join their rooms.

I really doubt they'd do that. Remember, flags are also part of automotive sports in real life & GT5 is a "simulator".

Bad connection doesn't explain why I get kicked by Americans for being Canadian. I joined a NASCAR room a few days ago and all I hear is, "He's Canadian... kick him!" Followed by "GET THE 🤬 OUT OF HERE!" And its not the first time it's happened to me.

I have had a few Americans "say" they were gonna kick me because I'm from Canada, they gave me a chance and seen I didn't lag and that I actually brought the rooms strength, up!

It's usually ignorant or dumb people that think someone North of the boarder will lag, people with no education. NO OFFENSE TO ANY SMART NASCAR RACERS BUT these are the types of people you normally find in public lobbies, no school learnin :lol:.

I'm with you on this Dom... I know that during our Night Slide events - everyone is welcome to drift! We will only kick if they are extremely laggy and/or they are idiots.

I get kicked from so many international rooms. The nationalities I get kicked the most from are the French and Japan rooms. The French always kick me from their rooms. I stopped trying to go in their rooms because most of them are not that good. The Japan rooms are usually fun but they only drift Tsukuba which is such a boring track for me.

Good post!

Back