Killing Time!!! (in Vice City)

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 125 comments
KM
It may well exist, I don't remember you posting about it Jimmy so I don't know what exactly happened in your game, so maybe you were able to confirm it does exist.
Well, I just posted exactly what happened on the previous page. ;)
Spuds
Ok.... this thread is way off topic--- if you aren't going to talk about killing in VC, then get off this thread......
Seems noone listened so I will reiterate, let's get back to killing in Vice City. This is very Off-Topic. To continue this conversation, quote the post in the General San Andreas Discussion and Questions thread and continue it there.

Most of us are talking about Vice City, so I assume you mean the official off-topic threrad ;)

Jimmy Enslashay
Well, I just posted exactly what happened on the previous page. ;)
Either my browser or my brain is acting funny. I did the exact same thing on the record book when I read every post and then asked Spuds how he managed his record jump, despite the fact that he'd answered only 1 or 2 posts previous to mine.

KM.

KM
Either my browser or my brain is acting funny.
Well you have called yourself an old fart before, and old age has it's set-backs. I'll go with brain. :lol:
Blake
Most of us are talking about Vice City, so I assume you mean the official off-topic threrad
Sorry, didn't realise. Use the Off-Topic Thread to continue.

Isn't the term "off-topic" actually a contradiction? Cuz if you were tlaking about anything you would be staying on the Off-topicness...therefore not being off topic. Yet it's called off topic. So someone starts to stray from what was previously being said, and you just went off topic, but that's what it's about, so you're still on topic. Well thats a bastard.

[Edit] I just killed a dude in VC [Edit]

Yeah, we know, but it kind of turned into basically an "anything" thread, not just non-GTA stuff. Basically GTA Forum Chit-Chat, if you know what I mean?

Would you like me to rename it?

No don't change it but I'm about to ask you to lock it---I don't mind the occasional drifting of topic but this thread is getting rediculous.....

Keep it on topic or I'm gonna have Jimmy lock it and throw away the key--

I doubt any serious improvements to VC killing are out there so I don't have a problem with this being locked---

Consider this your final warning...

Spuds

PublicSecrecy
How many people do you have to kill to raise your crime rating by one point?

1 pt each--- but the points are only credited to your CR after you save or go to a pay -n-spray--- if you die or get busted prior to this--- you get no kill points from your current killing spree. This is the only stat in the game that does that.

I believe this is why they added the "total legitimate kills" in SA--- so you know how many kills you have credited to your CR (thats what that stat is in SA).

The other major stats that affect your CR after completing the game.

1. Planes and helis 30 pts each

2. Criminals killed on vigilante 1 pt each (you don't need to save or go to pay n spray to get these)

3. Accuracy 5 pts per 1%

4. Money-- 1 pt per $5,000 (maxing your money = 200,000 CR points)

Spuds

Awesome. i'm in the middle of a rampage right now, I'm at "Lieutenant (134838)". Also, I noticed that doing the cone crazy on top of the parkade gives you a huge boost of CR points. Are there any other activities that boost your CR after setting new records?

The reason for getting CR points after cone crazy is because you're probably improving on your time and winning a lot of money each time and as Spud's just said, you get 1 point for ever $5000 earned. You can also do this with the Test track I think.

Which one is the test track? It says I've done it but...I don't know which one it is. Also, about the CR, it goes up 1 point for every $5000? I've made over $300Million doing the cone crazy. It's awesome...it doubles every time you beat your time. I've narrowed it down to 6 seconds. With preperation of course. Also, you only get loads of cash if you beat your previous time. Other than that you just get $200 by succesfully completing it. If not you could probably get a billion dollars. I know I almost have. I got $202,000,000.00 my last run. 100 before, 50 prior to that, 25, 12.5 etc.
I'm guessing the test track is the dirt one with the rancher and sanchez?

Sorry to bump this from the dead but there is an interesting discussion going on regarding this on another board...

I thought this guy claiming to have 2,000,000 kills was full of it... but I may be wrong... its possible he uses a trainer to maintain his health on the PC version and also to replenish his bullets.... I described a work around for the bullets issue.... the health issue may not be an issue... the guy has been pretty secretive about this.... we have pieced some info together though...

Apparently the spawning limits are eliminated in certain missions making huge amount of kills possible...

the mission cannon fodder for one....

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=255760&st=0

Clip of killing.... done on PC version... I have yet to try this on PS2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3eFxdFpRzU

This is impressive if you can accomplish this without cheats...

Spuds...

Ahh, so he found a spot to camp in that the A.I. always spawns in? Clever. I'd say it was possible, but you'd need to have a lot of ammo or 100%. And you'd also need some kind of car (Rhino?) to park in front of the entrance to that alley way.

I accidently sent this post to the MODS by clicking the report button-- thanks to 3 of them for PMing this back to me...

me = :dunce:

Now the post...

The guy has been very secretive-- I'm less concerned about being busted then getting picked off by the police heli when you get above 3 stars.. I'm not sure if cannon fodder limits your wanted level in anyway (some missions do that)...

I'm pretty sure he has a 2nd location/mission-- as his stats pics show only a few thousand gang members killed-- so his other location won't kill gang members...

Regarding the bullets and spawning rate... I'm betting it can only be done within a mission-- so 100% is out of the question so no unlimited ammo...

Now.. a work around I proposed was maxing out your money and replenishing it by doing brown thunder and/or utilize the doubling glitch of cone crazy (there is a limit on how many times you can do this though)...

Then complete the malibu mission string to unlock phils missions and do phils to unlock the minigun for purchase.... now just buy a buttload of miniguns.... the spawn rate is supposed to equal the firing rate of about 30 rounds per second--- so you should be able to conceivably get 100,000 kills per hour with this method (which blows my methods away)-- will probably take longer to buy up the miniguns....

I'm hoping he shares more info... I plan on messing with this a bit when I get a chance.. I have a save near this I can use... I need to unlock the minigun, get some money, and do some vigilante and pizzaboy to boost my armor and health...

The fact that he's suspiciously secretive about it all is what clouds the validity of his claim. I'm not saying outrightly that he's lying but it just makes you wonder why he can't openly share what he discovered which most people discovering new things would normally do.

I'm a bit puzzled too by the fact that he doesn't raise his wanted level despite the ruckus he was creating when as far as I can remember, that mission is not one of the "never wanted" missions.

Click the links a few posts back-- there is a discussion on the method mostly speculation and a video clip on youtube.com

I think he is being secretive (the guy that found it) because he doesn't want to be just another multi million person VC killer but it is possible the trainer is required for that mission.... but maybe not another...

Essentially someone figured out a method to kill insanely fast (30 kills per second) on the PC version of VC...

I have messed around with my game and can't get to the spot he used in the cuban mission "Cannon Fodder" (without being killed)-- but I can almost shoot at the spot where the haitians are spawning from outside the alley... the haitians are respawning very fast after I kill them but have to move into my line of fire so its slower then his rate--- but since I can't aim at the actual spot of the spawn my kill rate is only about 1 per second.... and also my wanted level went up to 3 stars and where I have to stand to get the kills, the police heli can easily pick me off.... it looks to me that the spawn rate can be repeated on PS2 based on what I experimented with so far...

Now if another spot like this can be found in say different mission where you can't be killed or busted---- you can accomplish huge amounts of kills.

The cone crazy trick to make money is a glitch that was sort of fixed for the later PS2 versions and the PC and xbox-- you can still make alot of money, just harder to do.....

Essentially to make a bunch of cash in cone crazy (you can max your money out in about 1/2 an hour)--- complete cone crazy except the last checkpoint.... wait til there is 1 second on the clock and collect it.... you get $200.

Repeat with 2 seconds left on the clock $400, repeat with 3 seconds $800 (see the trend)....

for the 23rd time you beat your record you will get about $838,000,000 which will max your money....

they sort of fixed this for later versions in that they reduced the time you receive for each checkpoint by 1 second the first 6 times you do it.... so you must leave 1 second on the clock for the first 6 times, then 2, 3, 4...etc....

To max your money on the "fixed" verions you will need to get your conecrazy time down to about 8 seconds (I've done it as low as 6 by moving cones around)--- on my original version of VC, beating your record one second at a time will get your time down to 23 seconds when you max your money.... so you can keep repeating to get money but the values will get screwy when they go over $2.4 billion-- due to the number limit on the 32 bit programing they used for PS2.....

The guy has been very secretive-- I'm less concerned about being busted then getting picked off by the police heli when you get above 3 stars.. I'm not sure if cannon fodder limits your wanted level in anyway (some missions do that)...
The mission "Cannon Fodder" locks the wanted level at two stars until you go to exit with the van in the PC version, I beleive.
I'm pretty sure he has a 2nd location/mission-- as his stats pics show only a few thousand gang members killed-- so his other location won't kill gang members...
What do you mean by this?

I did mess with that mission more (about an hour) and my wanted level did get up to 3 stars in the mission. I still can't get to a place where I can aim at the spawn point without getting killed by the sniper-- I don't think even the trainer can save you as you aren't even shot in the traditional sense-- you just hear a shot and get the wasted/mission failed message-- I think the mission is coded to kill you if you enter the alleyway unless you kill the sniper first-- then after he is killed that spawnpoint is not used... you can't even go near it as I approached spawn point from behind the walls too (outside the alleyway) and was still killed--- I was trying to aim at the spawn point by firing through the walls-- is possible with the minigun if you stand close to the wall-- your barrel will stick through the wall.

Regarding--The 2nd location/mission.

In his stats pic he posted he has 2 million kills, but only 8500 of them are "gangmembers" by his gangmembers killed stat.... this tells me that he did not use that spot for the majority of kills in that save or the gangmembers stat should be close to his total kills....

I don't think even the trainer can save you as you aren't even shot in the traditional sense-- you just hear a shot and get the wasted/mission failed message-- I think the mission is coded to kill you if you enter the alleyway unless you kill the sniper first-- then after he is killed that spawnpoint is not used... you can't even go near it as I approached spawn point from behind the walls too (outside the alleyway) and was still killed--- I was trying to aim at the spawn point by firing through the walls-- is possible with the minigun if you stand close to the wall-- your barrel will stick through the wall.
Cannon Fodder's weapons held by the AI Haitians are scripted so they can essentially blow up everything, even Rhino's, hacked cars (PC version only, of course) and the two bullet proof jobs. I'd assume the the sniper's weapons had the same mission scripting. Perhaps if you tried to sneak a car in their to get to the location and get out of it fast?
Spuds725
In his stats pic he posted he has 2 million kills, but only 8500 of them are "gangmembers" by his gangmembers killed stat.... this tells me that he did not use that spot for the majority of kills in that save or the gangmembers stat should be close to his total kills...
Perhaps the gang members stat locks after 8500? Or perhaps the mission is scripted in such a way to cause that, or maybe the mission scripting prevents doesn't count the Haitians in the mission as gang members?

I'm a mod on that other board for the VC section-- the other mod there has the PC version and to provide proof he supplied him with a lessor kill save with 1.3 million kills nearly all those were gang members as they were very close to each other.

I when I was messing with that mission I killed all but one haitian before the sniper part.... and ran into the compound... no one was in there and then I killed the last haitian from inside--- the cutscene played and I was transported outside the compound (outside the alley) when play resumed...

I did not try entering the alley in a vehicle after the sniper appears

I did not try entering the alley in a vehicle after the sniper appears
That's what I was suggesting. Drive a car in after the sniper spawns so you don't get shot, get behind that wall and go to town when the Haitian's respawn.

Way back when, I read somewhere that if someone was to get 3,000,000 kills in VC, no more peds would spawn since everyone in VC would be dead. Does anyone know if that`s true?

I don't know of anyone thats gone that far in killing-- T. Vercetti has the highest number of legitimate kills I've ever heard of--

I did figure out a way to verify his kill numbers as I didn't believe them at first...

I seriously doubt the 3 million spawn claim, although I cannot disprove it....

I used to know someone very into mods on another board... he was very familiar with the game code and could have looked up such things for me on the PC version..... unfortunately he has moved on to other things.

Back