Km/h in GT3?

Street Fighter

(Banned)
I couldn't help but notice how everything is measured in metric (mm, kg, meters, etc) except for speed, which is measured in MPH.

This is really stupid cuz I have no concept of how fast I'm really going.

Is there a way to change the on-screen measurement of speed from mph to km/h?

Originally posted by Street Fighter
I couldn't help but notice how everything is measured in metric (mm, kg, meters, etc) except for speed, which is measured in MPH.

This is really stupid cuz I have no concept of how fast I'm really going.

Is there a way to change the on-screen measurement of speed from mph to km/h?
Heh, if it was in kmh I'd have no idea what speed I'm doing, since I always use mph in sims.

And to answer your question I don't think there is an option to change the way speed is displayed. There have been many threads on this.

ok, this was all done over seas. They dont use miles for distance, anyways the universal way to find distance is kilometers. And you have access to the internet, if you want to know how far you went, search up a conversion table.

Wtf. I'm talking about actual speed in the game.
When I look down and see 60mph, should I be unable to determine speed by the surrounds flying by, I don't know whether it's 40 or 100 kp/h.

Why would everything else be metric and not allow this option to be changed.

One of the minor failings of the GT games is that you cant change the speedo from mph to kmh and kmh to mph. Other racing games I've played in the past have had this option so why not GT:confused: .

You could buy another areas version if it really bothers you like europe for instance.

There is no way to change the format of units in an individual game save.

However, it is possible to convert a game save from another region to work on your machine. This will bring with it that region's unit methods. I have on my site a PAL/EU game converted to NTSC/NA so that Canadians can use km/h, but you will need an Xport to put it onto your PS2 memory card.

In the UK we are forced to drive our GT3 in km/h, which we don't use in real life - we use miles, mph and lbft (torque) instead of the km, km/h and kgm we're given. I got hold of an NTSC/NA save and converted it to PAL/EU so that I could drive in mph.

ok street fighter thats pathetic that u cant compare 60mph to km/h you dont live THAT far from tha states, i live in canada and i can compare it just fine. I would also like it in km/h but u cant change it so deal wit it.

Originally posted by GT-40/787b
so thats how mine ended up like that, its your fault famine! I downloaded those hybrids off of your site!

Hmm. A hybrid would have no effect - as long as you change the region (EU/US) it'll slot right into your garage quite happily. It's only the gamesave file which contains the PAL/NTSC information.

Does anyone here know how to convert Kgm (I think thats what measures torque in GT3) to lb/ft?

Very rough: Multiply by 7
Slightly rough: Muliply by 7.2
Accurate-ish: Multiply by 7.231

And it's kgm (kilogrammetres) to lbft (poundfoot), not lb/ft (pounds per foot). The units are multiplied.

Originally posted by Famine
Hmm. A hybrid would have no effect - as long as you change the region (EU/US) it'll slot right into your garage quite happily. It's only the gamesave file which contains the PAL/NTSC information.
Then my guess would be that one of the codes i got screwed it up. That would mean its probably the 996-911 GT3... but why would that mess with it?

The reason I don't know how to convert mph into km/h is because I don't support the United States' stubborness and unwillingness to switch from their uneccessarily difficult measurement system to a newer, more simplified and accurate system.

I would just as soon trade someone my US version of GT3 for someone else's UK version.

My disc is absolutely mint and I would cover shipping for both parties.

If you are annoyed by this same problem and would be willing to do a trade via mail, pm me here or on MSN at iambrock@hotmail.com or email me at brockb@shaw.ca

Thanks

You'd either have to chip your PS2, or swap it for someone else's UK version. And then get it to run on 110V instead of 240V...

Or, buy an Xport and download my 0%, blank saved game which would allow you to play in km/h.

The reason I don't know how to convert mph into km/h is because I don't support the United States' stubborness and unwillingness to switch from their uneccessarily difficult measurement system to a newer, more simplified and accurate system.

Hey now, im only a Junior, and i know basics on converting distances. Pluss dont be dissin' the US we are nice enough to help the British, and any other contoury aside from france. Its not are fault we're stubborn, but we have to be, all we are doing is exspressing are freedomness (is that even a word?) So befor you go and call us Stubborn and Unwilling, think about it, it might just be yall that are next to be on the wrong side of an argument with UN officials. ohyeah and a few leters, N.A.T.O.

Originally posted by GT-40/787b
we are nice enough to help the British, and any other contoury aside from france.

Thats the best thing I've read in ages, lol.

You can change from MPH to KPH. Just go into the options menu and look. If you still can't find it then try this If you're trying to find you're top speed or something along those lines Divide by 5 then multiply by 8 That will give you a close indication in speed from MPH to KPH.

You can't change from kph to mph or vice versa in the options. Your sum is very close 62/5 x 8 = 99.2, 62Mph is 100kph.

I know. My Dad tought me that sum. Sure it may not be exact but it sure is close. Sorry I must have been thinking of the transmission instead.

Originally posted by live4speed
Thats the best thing I've read in ages, lol.
I keep on sending letters to Mr.Bush, asking to have him ask the dudes that take care of the army stuff and all to just nuke France, then we would no longer have a problem... or atleast no longer let them be a part of the UN

See that's where Canada and the US differ.
We don't support war.

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
You can change from MPH to KPH. Just go into the options menu and look. If you still can't find it then try this If you're trying to find you're top speed or something along those lines Divide by 5 then multiply by 8 That will give you a close indication in speed from MPH to KPH.

Dude, before you post about something you obviously know nothing about, try looking into it.

If it was that simple, I wouldn't have made this thread.

'I wonder how fast I'm going...'
*look at speedo*
'Ok 76mph'
*pause game*
*sit down at computer*
*open conversion table*
"Ahh... 125km/h..."
*go back to television*
"Now where was I..."
*unpause*
*crash*
*lose*
*swear*
*break steering wheel on floor*

Do you really need to know how fast you are going in kh/h? Are you planning on finding one of these courses in real life and racing through it?

'I wonder how fast I'm going...'
*look at speedo*
'Ok 76mph'
*pause game*
*sit down at computer*
*open conversion table*
"Ahh... 125km/h..."
*go back to television*
"Now where was I..."
*unpause*
*crash*
*lose*
*swear*
*break steering wheel on floor*

:lol: Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if we Americans weren't so freaking pigheaded about converting to metric. I promise, it wouldn't be that hard. Granted, there are going to be stupid people who would rather not, but make it a required part of the curriculum in schools, start phasing in signs in both, and then one day, kill the Imperial signs. No one would even notice... I promise... ;) :D

Edit: Also, I should point out that we're taking a measurement system from people who drive on the wrong side of the street. :D I mean, really, what are we thinking?

what i want to know is why do you need to know your speed. Real race cars only have an Tachometer in the car... As long as i know how many revs im pulling im just fine, but i do like the way you played that scenario though.

Originally posted by cybrstuff
Edit: Also, I should point out that we're taking a measurement system from people who drive on the wrong side of the street. :D I mean, really, what are we thinking?

And you want to change it to one invented by the French instead? Nice thinking.

Aaaanyway, if you really want to have a game with the other method of measuring speed/distance, buy an Xport. They're not all that expensive (less than a 3rd party memory card), negate the need to ever buy another memory card ever again (you can store all your files on your hard drive - but you do need ONE memory card) and open the world of hybrids to you, without all that tedious mucking about with Gamesharks.

You know it makes sense!

Latest Posts

Back