Km/h in GT3?

I would like to gain a sense of how fast I am going just by the sound of my revs in whatever gear I'm in by associating speed with rpm's, and NOT in mph.

If I was race driving in my real car, I wouldn't need this, but in a video game you have no sense of speed or gravitational forces acting on the car.

This wouldn't be an issue if the Japanese didn't perceive all North Americans as AMERICANS.

I've actually been thinking about this. If the Japanese really cared about money, they would translate and export EVERY game that is made in Japan because it seems to me that at least 30% of the poplutation of Canada and the United States combined has or does wish they were Japanese and the only way to fulfill this fantasy is to drool over anything that that country produces.

Sense make?

Yes. Poplutation.

Just thought I'd leave that there for all to see instead of correcting that somewhat hilarious error.

Although I sometimes choose not to sleep, I still get tired, and right now it's 5:50am.

Mmm... coffee...

Originally posted by Street Fighter
This wouldn't be an issue if the Japanese didn't percive all North Americans as AMERICANS.

We English get the same problem... We don't like km/h round here, but because the damn continentals like it so much we get lumped with it...

So come on PD... Allow us the option in GT4...

Originally posted by Street Fighter
I would like to gain a sense of how fast I am going just by the sound of my revs in whatever gear I'm in by associating speed with rpm's, and NOT in mph.
i think you put a run on sentence there. So what your saying is you either want everything converted to mph, or have the speedometer converted to KPM right?

I just wanted to be able to look down at the speedo and be able to determine my speed because the only concept of speed I have is in km/h.

Eventually I wouldn't even have to look.

There is no way to change the format of units in an individual game save.

However, it is possible to convert a game save from another region to work on your machine. This will bring with it that region's unit methods. I have on my site a PAL/EU game converted to NTSC/NA so that Canadians can use km/h, but you will need an Xport to put it onto your PS2 memory card.

In the UK we are forced to drive our GT3 in km/h, which we don't use in real life - we use miles, mph and lbft (torque) instead of the km, km/h and kgm we're given. I got hold of an NTSC/NA save and converted it to PAL/EU so that I could drive in mph.
Yes, and I have done that but some text becomes Japanese. There is however a patch https://cookieplmonster.github.io/mods/gran-turismo-3/

Last edited:
Back