Knives, Swords, and everything in between.

illuminationx
Just a thread showin' off your switchblades, balisongs, stiletto's, plus their specs and what kind of material both the blade and grip are constructed of, and what have you. Basically a show and tell. Or just post a picture showing what you're about to order. I guess I'll start first :sly:

butterflytrainerhexholes.jpg

I had this trainer for quite a while, just to fiddle around with some moves before I move onto the real deal.
The whole trainer is Stainless Steel.
With a matte silver finish.

sog-flash-ii-ser-tini-tfsat-98.jpg

Hopefully ordering this soon, It's a SOG Flash Point 2.

Overall length : 8"
Blade length : 3.5"
1/2 Serrated edge
Blade : Most likely 40-30, hearing from sources.
Grip : Black Zytel

Last edited:
Nice....where did you get that Butterfly trainer from? I never got one through fear of cutting off my fingers lol

Nice....where did you get that Butterfly trainer from? I never got one through fear of cutting off my fingers lol

Haha indeed, I got it from Bladeplay.com, but that's what I call a budget trainer. There are a lot others out there better quality than that. 👍

I got me one of these babies at Harbor Freight a few years back. SS blade, the handle is a metal/plastic composite or some other cheap material.

image_2283.jpg

The handle contains all types of useless survival goodies. It was $3, gimme a break.

Wifey got me a Wustof 12cm trimming knife a few weeks ago. Frickin' thing.....I use it for briskets and fajita prep (from Texas ya'know). Used it 5 times................cut myself 5 times. :dunce: can't even touch your fingers without it taking a bite out of you. damt/

Clockwise starting from the upper right:
- Custom made by a friend of my dad's (who has it's matching twin) - beautiful work, love the multicoloured wood handle, and you can literally use the blade as a mirror it is so highly polished! Also custom leather sheath.
- Schrade Ducks Unlimited - won as part of a set at a silent auction - logo and picture of 2 ducks on the blade with a nice rubberized handle and nylon sheath.
- My hunting knife, no name but holds a good edge and has seen a lot of action! Leather G96 sheath not shown.
- Byrd Robin - Made by Spyderco, great quality little daily carry knife.
- No name Ducks Unlimited - more of a keepsake than a real working knife.
- 465 Puma Back-Packer - most recent addition. Unbelievably high quality. Was made in 1973 and doesn't look a day over brand new. Leather Ruko sheath.

If I had the money... I'd collect wrist watches and knives!

Thanks! Yes, it is a very beautiful knife.
The handle is actually made of several layers of differently coloured wood laminated together.

Skip the fancy stuff, back to basics with a Finnish all round tool.

186015-primary.jpg
167015-primary.jpg

Both in my disposal, it's virtually the same knife with different materials.

Last edited:
Small folding/fixed blade knives are always useful. A small knife has always been one tool I try to keep on me at all times. Between working on my car, random tasks at home and stripping insulation, cutting cables and other things at work it always comes in handy.

I'm actually in the market for another basic, low cost folding knife to replace one that I've been using for a years. It was just a generic, no name brand but I kept it sharp and it never let me down. I've been looking at the Spyderco Tenacious

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=294

It's the right size and not too expensive. Any opinions? I'm looking to spend around $50-$60 but still get something decent.

Not a standard knife so to speak, but i've had this in blue for about 11 years, use it a lot and the blades are still sharp!
Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Victorinox-Handyman-Red.jpg

Victorianox Swiss Army Knife!

I've also got a knife that looks almost identical to the bottom left knife in Turboash's picture, my brother brought it back as a gift when i was younger when he came back on leave from the army, i'm talking early 1990's. My grandad blunted it after i got it though, as he didnt trust such a knife with a child, but i used to collect them.

Hi!

I used to collect knives and I was very interested in them but that was years ago. The only somewhat serious one I have is the SOG Fusion Jungle Primitive.

I know that this is still not a 100% serious piece of kit (the Fusion line is quite cheap I guess) but I like it. It's much better than my other knives of similar size, it has nice balance and the sheath is well designed. Haven't had much use for it however.

Here's a picture:
SOG-Fusion-Jungle-Primitive-F03T-600x508.jpg

I was bored so I did a slight paracord mod on the handle, here's a picture. The handle is still great to hold (a bit more chunky) and there's some metres of 550 paracord there for emergencies.

Last edited:
Small folding/fixed blade knives are always useful. A small knife has always been one tool I try to keep on me at all times. Between working on my car, random tasks at home and stripping insulation, cutting cables and other things at work it always comes in handy.

I'm actually in the market for another basic, low cost folding knife to replace one that I've been using for a years. It was just a generic, no name brand but I kept it sharp and it never let me down. I've been looking at the Spyderco Tenacious

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=294

It's the right size and not too expensive. Any opinions? I'm looking to spend around $50-$60 but still get something decent.

Very nice slims... gotta LOVE Spyderco! Got my dad a Spyderco Native for Christmas a few years ago and he still thanks me for it!

What is the purpose of owning knives like this?

Why do you collect model cars? To look at and possibly play around with once or twice right? Some also possibly as investment.

Same story for owning a knife/knives. Except knives also serve a real function.

That's fair enough. My question wasn't a sarcastic one. I just wondered whether people had specific applied uses or they were just ornaments or both.

Back