Kodje's Gallery | July 11 | Aston Martin V12 Vantage

• Thread starter Kodje
  • 402 comments
Thx a lot mate. No pb for the short tuto, I've made one from the shot 7 of this set for someone else, I will copy it at the back of this message. And If I can I will make a before / after for some other shots of this set.

Thanks a lot my friend ! :cheers:

Thx ! I've tried to make some cinematic shots in this set so really glad you have seen them like that :)

Thx a lot !

Thx a lot. I can't disagree with J. Clarkson because I've never drived such a car but in GT it's really a good one to pilot, maybe not the funniest I conceed :)

Thx a lot my friend and glad to see you here !

As promise, I will try to explain the steps of my work on this pic.

First, the original pic looks like this :

As you can see, there are already some dirts on the bodycar. In fact there are simply the game's damages. When I saw this I thought it would be interresting to underline these "dirts" by using all the contrasts process availables.

And it starts with a HDR tonemapping. I often use the HDR process and my usual software is Photomatrix. My current version is the 4.x but I know there is a more recent one.

If you get the software I could send you some preset" :)

After the HDR work I got this :

The "dirts" are a little bit more visible, but it wasn't enough to my tastes.

So I've continued the work with photoshop. It's hard to explain each steps then, I've worked on the curves, the contrast, the tones / saturation etc...

I use CS6 and I've added a few tools especially the Nik software "Color effex Pro" and "Sharpener Pro".

And after something like 20 or 30 layers the result was this :

This is not really a tuto, but if you have any question about all this stuff I will be glad to answer you :)

Just another before / after from the same set :

Do you also take 3 different photos each time to get multiple lights? So a dark, medium and bright one, to use in photomatrix?

IIC
While I love that you've put an Irish plate on the TT, I don't think that generation was available in '98? :)
I must go now and learn about this "toning" and how to apply it to my own shots...
;) I found it fun to put an irish plate for my photoshoot in London :P
I didn't know the first two number werre for the year. But this is a real plate photographied in 2011 in Dublin according to the place I've founded it... So I don't know how it's possible...
And thx a lot for your comment mate :)

Great TT set!! :drool: Extreme, beautiful editing as always! 👍

And the kind-of-tutorial is awesome too, shows that you needn't be afraid of the bland in-game shots, proper editing will help. :)
Thx a lot Ciro :)

i like the last one autumn BMW ! cool photo
Thx mate, glad you like this one it's one of my fav' since the start of my work with GT6 :)

Do you also take 3 different photos each time to get multiple lights? So a dark, medium and bright one, to use in photomatrix?
In GT5 I used to make five shots for the HDR process : -2, -1, 0, +1, +2. With GT6 I still experiment but the lightning engine is a bit different. A the beginning I used to turn off the lightning engine (by selecting - deselecting a filter) and get my usual five shots. But now I try to use the lightning effects on the game, and for the moment I take something like 7 differents shots with a 0,5 difference, from -2 to +1, sometimes from -2 to +2, or -3 to +1... It depends on the lightning engine reaction. And sometimes I don't use all the shot for the HDR process but just a part of them... (and sometimes I also make the differents exposures with photoshop...).

A single shot for today. I really love this car, maybe the all times most beautiful Lamborghini.

Raging Bull

Poor little pony on the left...

Awesome edit once again, and I think you're right on the most beautiful Lamborghini. The paint, lighting and toning are superb and gives the picture a great mood. :drool:👍

Brilliaaaaaant! Amazing work as usual! I love this shot. Great use of the lighting effects. And this plate on the Bull is really very realistic. Stunning shot once more, Jeremy. Bravo! 👍👍👍

Wow, I've missed a bunch in here. Time to catch up.

I really liked your TT set, in particular shots 2 & 3 have a interesting feel to them with the warmer tones slighty on the more magenta side. It's different but quite interesting. But my absolute favs are the last 2, very nice clean look and crisp, they have your textural editing feel but in a more subtle application and I like it. The soft colours work well also and the angle of the last shot is very nice. Great job mate. :) 👍

Then on to your process breakdown, very interesting too see. I'm surprised by how many layers you use, that's even more than I use most of the time. :crazy: But I can imagine why that would happen in doing a style of this type. Very interesting proccess. And thanks for sharing. 👍 👍

And finally the Bull, just very nice all around. What a great colour for it too, like a red wine or deep cherry red. Love it. 👍

;) I found it fun to put an irish plate for my photoshoot in London :P
I didn't know the first two number werre for the year. But this is a real plate photographied in 2011 in Dublin according to the place I've founded it... So I don't know how it's possible...
And thx a lot for your comment mate :)

Thx a lot Ciro :)

Thx mate, glad you like this one it's one of my fav' since the start of my work with GT6 :)

In GT5 I used to make five shots for the HDR process : -2, -1, 0, +1, +2. With GT6 I still experiment but the lightning engine is a bit different. A the beginning I used to turn off the lightning engine (by selecting - deselecting a filter) and get my usual five shots. But now I try to use the lightning effects on the game, and for the moment I take something like 7 differents shots with a 0,5 difference, from -2 to +1, sometimes from -2 to +2, or -3 to +1... It depends on the lightning engine reaction. And sometimes I don't use all the shot for the HDR process but just a part of them... (and sometimes I also make the differents exposures with photoshop...).

A single shot for today. I really love this car, maybe the all times most beautiful Lamborghini.

Raging Bull

Poor little pony on the left...

yeah, Miura is awesome Lambo car. The last Lambo i like is Diablo, great racing history and aesthetic greatness. After that Lamborghiti under Audi control have started to build "tractors" agian

Awesome edit once again, and I think you're right on the most beautiful Lamborghini. The paint, lighting and toning are superb and gives the picture a great mood. :drool:👍
Thx a lot Nicolas, especially glad you like the mood of this shot :)

Brilliaaaaaant! Amazing work as usual! I love this shot. Great use of the lighting effects. And this plate on the Bull is really very realistic. Stunning shot once more, Jeremy. Bravo! 👍👍👍
Thx mate, it was not easy to find the good plate for this shot, but I've finally found a Bike one form Roma which fit good to the Miura :P Glad you like it !

GPR
Wow, I've missed a bunch in here. Time to catch up.

I really liked your TT set, in particular shots 2 & 3 have a interesting feel to them with the warmer tones slighty on the more magenta side. It's different but quite interesting. But my absolute favs are the last 2, very nice clean look and crisp, they have your textural editing feel but in a more subtle application and I like it. The soft colours work well also and the angle of the last shot is very nice. Great job mate. :) 👍

Then on to your process breakdown, very interesting too see. I'm surprised by how many layers you use, that's even more than I use most of the time. :crazy: But I can imagine why that would happen in doing a style of this type. Very interesting proccess. And thanks for sharing. 👍 👍

And finally the Bull, just very nice all around. What a great colour for it too, like a red wine or deep cherry red. Love it. 👍

If i use more layers than you that's only beacause you're better than me ;) (and that's not false modesty ;)) Sometimes I realise I've added a layers which cancel the effect another gave to the pic :embarrassed::ouch:
Thank you very much for this great comment my firend it's always a pleasure (and instructive) to read you :)

yeah, Miura is awesome Lambo car. The last Lambo i like is Diablo, great racing history and aesthetic greatness. After that Lamborghiti under Audi control have started to build "tractors" agian
I must agree (even if I like the last Lambo design, it's so far away from what they've done years before...)

Nice editing work in the editing of the shot as well as the license plate 👍
Thx a lot !

My favourite shot from post 207, has to be the fifth one. 👍
thx Jamie, it's also one of my favorite shot so glad you like it !

Liked this a lot, especially how you integrated the license plate! :drool:👍 And great color choice, as always! :)
Thx ! Glad you like my work on the plate :)

Yeah, your license plates look so real! Well done! Love your shots :bowdown::D
Thx a lot, nice to read that !!! :cheers:

Beautiful! Need I say more?

}:^{>
It's enough to make me smile :) Thx a lot !

This picture is absolutely stunning!!
Thx mate, really glad you like this one :)

Very nice, rich looking edits lately Jeremy. You manage to add so much drama to your pictures mate!
Thx a lot Lee, from you it means a lot :cheers:

We need more from you! :D
I've got some pics to come soon.

This is a great gallery you have here @Kodje. I will for sure be keeping an eye on this gallery:cheers:.
And thanks for stopping by my gallery as well. Keep up the great work 👍
Thx a lot mate :)

What a nice set, first shot is simply excellent, absolute fave of this set, the 2 bonus pics are superb too. Like a lot the overall toning, light and shadows in this update. Beau travail Jeremy! 👍

Another great set as usual :)👍
I like your color combination on SRT Viper and the side-by-side shot with old Viper.
Oh, and I also like the color tones on that Challenger :cheers:

My Friend you are in a class of your own as there is nobody with your style!!
Bravo' Stunning Images - & the tar in the 3rd is just beautiful!!

Good luck in the tournament! 👍 :cheers:

Great job on this set! :)👍 The toning is fantastic! But the Miuras in the previous post are even more epic! :drool:

Back