Kodje's Gallery | July 11 | Aston Martin V12 Vantage

• Thread starter Kodje
  • 402 comments
Let me post it again :lol:

Amazing set again (f40), Freefom and Funtime are very good edited, great lightning, especially on the tyres(funtime), it's the little details that make it nice to look at.

My favourite has to be number 1, because the colours give the shot a cheerful look.
Thx a lot Jamie, glad you like this one, it's a bit a special edit, wasn't sure of this one :)
Incredibly good set, love the toning and compositions a lot. Faves are 1, 2, 4 and 7. :drool:
Thx a lot Nicolas, very glad you like these pics my friend :)
Let me post it again :lol:

Amazing set again (f40), Freefom and Funtime are very good edited, great lightning, especially on the tyres(funtime), it's the little details that make it nice to look at.
:lol:
Thx a million Zak, really glad to read that (again ;) ).

I've made a few re-edit of the same shots, just to try something else after some comment elsewhere. Let me know if you like them. I put the two versions one after the other.

Original

New edit

Original

New edit

Original

New edit

:cheers:

I preferred the original ones for all 3, for the 1st the texture used gave that shot this dreamy and colorful mood I liked a lot, and for the 2nd shot, that soft glow effect used is nice but I liked it better without and the car was sharper, the 3rd one, car and road looked better in the original shot but the rendering of the sky and trees is nicer in the re-edited version.

As usual, a masterclass in toning!!:drool:
The F40 set - especially shot 1 - is amazing, gritty and vibrant:eek:

Beauty in the City - I love this set!! The Intro sets the pace well and the greeny-grey tones are very well judged - bravo!!!

Road Trip is awesome!! #5 is winner for me with that abstract background and I love the balancing act of contrast and light in #9 & #10 - beautiful!!!

Fantastique Jérémy!!!!:cheers:

Jérémy! Your last set is absolutely incredible! Style of editing, composition, toning all of this is just perfect! :drool:
My faves are 2nd and 3rd, but 1st is amazing, too. Great set!

1 and 3, I prefer the original, 2 I prefer the edit. Regardless, they are all excellent artistic shots with your trademark editing style!

:drool: my favourite Ferrari, and you really did a very great job on it.
I love the no. 2 "Freedom", very nice angle you got there :)👍 and I prefer the original one, before the new edit, I just liked it very much :dopey:

:drool: There's a real sense of artistry here. I read a comment saying each of your pieces are like a fine wine to be savoured and enjoyed. A perfect analogy in my opinion. I love the sense of drama in some of your shots and the dream-like nature of others. Very fine indeed. 👍👍👍

Very nice Jeremy. I love shot 1 and I pretty much agree with NB on the originals vs re-edits. I myself like the deep textural feel of the original edits in particular on shot 1. But the dof and angles steal the show on that one. ;)

Overall great colours and vibrancy. A usual very good and artisitc editing. 👍

As usual, a masterclass in toning!!:drool:
The F40 set - especially shot 1 - is amazing, gritty and vibrant:eek:

Beauty in the City - I love this set!! The Intro sets the pace well and the greeny-grey tones are very well judged - bravo!!!

Road Trip is awesome!! #5 is winner for me with that abstract background and I love the balancing act of contrast and light in #9 & #10 - beautiful!!!

Fantastique Jérémy!!!!:cheers:
Thanks a million Eric for this complete feedback ! Really appreciate it and very glad you like my recent work my friend :cheers:

Very nice toning. They look like pieces of art
Thx a lot Roman !

Jérémy! Your last set is absolutely incredible! Style of editing, composition, toning all of this is just perfect! :drool:
My faves are 2nd and 3rd, but 1st is amazing, too. Great set!
Thanks you very much Vlad ! Really glad you like them :)

1 and 3, I prefer the original, 2 I prefer the edit. Regardless, they are all excellent artistic shots with your trademark editing style!
Thx mate :) Glad you like them and thx for giving me you preference between the original/re-edit version :)

:drool: my favourite Ferrari, and you really did a very great job on it.
I love the no. 2 "Freedom", very nice angle you got there :)👍 and I prefer the original one, before the new edit, I just liked it very much :dopey:
Thx a lot Bram ! Yeah the F40 is also one of my fav' car (if not the fav'), I will surely make some others sets with "her" :)

:drool: There's a real sense of artistry here. I read a comment saying each of your pieces are like a fine wine to be savoured and enjoyed. A perfect analogy in my opinion. I love the sense of drama in some of your shots and the dream-like nature of others. Very fine indeed. 👍👍👍
That's a very kind comment mate, I really appreciate it ! Thanks a million :cheers:

GPR
Very nice Jeremy. I love shot 1 and I pretty much agree with NB on the originals vs re-edits. I myself like the deep textural feel of the original edits in particular on shot 1. But the dof and angles steal the show on that one. ;)

Overall great colours and vibrancy. A usual very good and artisitc editing. 👍
Thank you very much George, nice to know your feeling about the different edits mate :cheers:

Can't wait to see that TTS set.

Last F40 set was superb, and with that new edit with glow, just looks stunning. Wonderful mate!

The F40 set is stunning. I prefer the original edits of shots 1 & 2 but I like the new edit of the 3rd shot.:drool:👍

Also like the strong warm colours in your preview. ;)

Can't wait to see that TTS set.

Last F40 set was superb, and with that new edit with glow, just looks stunning. Wonderful mate!
Thanks a lot mate, some like this kind of glow effect some prefer without :)

This preview has been taunting me on flickr for too long!! Come on Jérémy, its time now;)👍
:cheers:
:D It will be ready soon :P
Thx mate !

The F40 set is stunning. I prefer the original edits of shots 1 & 2 but I like the new edit of the 3rd shot.:drool:👍

Also like the strong warm colours in your preview. ;)
Thx for the comment mate, glad to know which version you prefer :)

Absolutely fantastic pics in this TT set, like the angles and compositions a lot, the toning and lighting are spot on as well. 1, 5, 6 and 8 are my faves. :drool:👍

Very nice set! I absolutely love 7! The composition and of that shot in particular is brilliant and I can't stop staring at it. :eek:

Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear once said that Audi TT was boring, but you manage to make it looks interesting.
I love 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8, the angle and compositions are just right. They give me the tightness feeling of competition, especially on the last pic.
A very great set as usual :)👍.

Incredible works as to be expected from you Jeremy - absolutely love the F40 set and the re-edits too - truly stunning editing throughout. :drool: You've done an amazing job with the TT set aswell with #'s 5, 7 & 8 being standouts for me. 👍

I would love to see a small Work In Progress from these amazing shots.
Care to share some insights?
Thx a lot mate. No pb for the short tuto, I've made one from the shot 7 of this set for someone else, I will copy it at the back of this message. And If I can I will make a before / after for some other shots of this set.

Absolutely fantastic pics in this TT set, like the angles and compositions a lot, the toning and lighting are spot on as well. 1, 5, 6 and 8 are my faves. :drool:👍
Thanks a lot my friend ! :cheers:

Lovely feel in these shots. In many of them, I feel like I am watching some movie scene still. Amazing!
Thx ! I've tried to make some cinematic shots in this set so really glad you have seen them like that :)

Very nice set! I absolutely love 7! The composition and of that shot in particular is brilliant and I can't stop staring at it. :eek:
Thx a lot !

Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear once said that Audi TT was boring, but you manage to make it looks interesting.
I love 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8, the angle and compositions are just right. They give me the tightness feeling of competition, especially on the last pic.
A very great set as usual :)👍.
Thx a lot. I can't disagree with J. Clarkson because I've never drived such a car but in GT it's really a good one to pilot, maybe not the funniest I conceed :)

Incredible works as to be expected from you Jeremy - absolutely love the F40 set and the re-edits too - truly stunning editing throughout. :drool: You've done an amazing job with the TT set aswell with #'s 5, 7 & 8 being standouts for me. 👍
Thx a lot my friend and glad to see you here !

As promise, I will try to explain the steps of my work on this pic.

First, the original pic looks like this :

As you can see, there are already some dirts on the bodycar. In fact there are simply the game's damages. When I saw this I thought it would be interresting to underline these "dirts" by using all the contrasts process availables.

And it starts with a HDR tonemapping. I often use the HDR process and my usual software is Photomatrix. My current version is the 4.x but I know there is a more recent one.

If you get the software I could send you some preset" :)

After the HDR work I got this :

The "dirts" are a little bit more visible, but it wasn't enough to my tastes.

So I've continued the work with photoshop. It's hard to explain each steps then, I've worked on the curves, the contrast, the tones / saturation etc...

I use CS6 and I've added a few tools especially the Nik software "Color effex Pro" and "Sharpener Pro".

And after something like 20 or 30 layers the result was this :

This is not really a tuto, but if you have any question about all this stuff I will be glad to answer you :)

Just another before / after from the same set :

While I love that you've put an Irish plate on the TT, I don't think that generation was available in '98? :)
I must go now and learn about this "toning" and how to apply it to my own shots...

Great TT set!! :drool: Extreme, beautiful editing as always! 👍

And the kind-of-tutorial is awesome too, shows that you needn't be afraid of the bland in-game shots, proper editing will help. :)

Back