• Thread starter RocZX
  • 283 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
Koenigsegg will be unveiling a Megacar at Geneva and it's called Regera

x3ye1en9kfduwxc6jnpo.jpg

First the Agera RS, now this? Just when we thought the One:1, couldn't be upstaged. Regera is apparently Swedish for "Reign", so will this be even more powerful than the One:1?

If it is faster than the One:1, I'll flip. I though it was impossible to one-up the One, but that won't stop Koenigsegg from trying, apparently. Now I am really eager to see this car. And scared...:scared:

Actually, now that I think about it, with the Regera being a megacar, I don't think it'll have any more power than the One:1, but might instead focus on cutting weight and improving the handling and aerodynamics. The One:1 was mainly to showcase their 1:1 power to weight ratio.

Interesting typeface there. Reads esagari when you go from bottom to top. :lol:

The cheesy diffusion effect and the horrible gradient fill are making my eyes bleed, though.

-

Nevertheless, I am expecting good things from the car.

If it is faster than the One:1, I'll flip. I though it was impossible to one-up the One, but that won't stop Koenigsegg from trying, apparently. Now I am really eager to see this car. And scared...:scared:
If it does top the One:1, I wouldn't be surprised if it's claimed to go 280 mph or more. The Agera R and One:1 are both claimed to go 273. I just wonder who would try and verify such a claim. Regardless, I'm excited for this car.

Am I the only one thinking it will look like the Agera and not a fully redesigned car?

Hard to tell, but that could be a possibility. An hybrid-powered Agera sounds reasonable, especially in the face of the big three (LaFerrari, Porsche 918 and the Mclaren P1).

A Koenigsegg even more bonkers than the Agera? Is Koenigsegg trying to kill us or something? I'll surely be interested as a fan of the brand. Hard to believe this company has been around since 2002(?) and has made some amazing supercars through its time.

A Koenigsegg even more bonkers than the Agera? Is Koenigsegg trying to kill us or something? I'll surely be interested as a fan of the brand. Hard to believe this company has been around since 2002(?) and has made some amazing supercars through its time.
More 1999, but the Agera was surpassed a while ago: Agera R and One:1.

Maybe, It's just a really big Agera, hence the "Mega"Car name. :lol:
But I don't know where that slots in in terms of super and hyper-cars, though.

When I mentioned the Agera, I mostly meant the Agera series, including the fabulous One:1. I'm still going to be quite interested in whatever becomes of this Regera.

While I know the name means "reign", I'm hedging my bets on it meaning something else: (Re) instead of (A) might be a hint at recharging abilities. Could there be some sort of battery component? I'm excited to find out.

Oh boy possibly a new super duper ultra powerful and fast car that the 12 year olds will drool over!!!!!

Seriously though I'm quite interested to see how it compares to the One:1.

Latest Posts

Back