KOR vs GTP - "The Bounty Hunt" - Mazda RX-7 [S2] - Suz 550PP RWD xx:05 / xx:35

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 87 comments
after 6 weeks iRacing, i think i will give this one a go. :)

i like bounty. :dopey:

BountyMilk24.jpg

The racing is great here!:)
I raced KOR_LoneStar[US] last night, it was his first time taking the RX-7 out for a race online. He had great pace for his first race!👍 Hopefully i will get to chase down a few more KOR drivers soon.:mischievous:

Good to see your going to get back into Rudi!:D The more great drivers on track the better.;)
Oh and Paulie, if your looking to get back into it before GT5...there is no better event to do that than this one! It would be great to see you on track mate.

OnlineGT

Last edited:
Some mad racing yesterday with KOR_isobar (who I couldn't hook up a good enough race to beat) superspy, Alexi, Enigma, EDK, DOUQA, Piket_, and especially FAK_EV1L :cheers:

Only got one bounty off KOR_Punisher which I'll post later :)

Another huge battle going on here:
http://www.gtdb.net/?laps/1/550/41/*/3
:lol:

All the best
Maz

Cool event, great idea! 👍👍

There doesn't seem to be any shortage of good tunes for this, but I thought I'd publish my tune just because it's a little different. It comes with Twisty's famous 30-30 warranty
(30 seconds or 30 feet, whichever come first). It's also not for the faint of heart, sissies, or small children as it gets just a little tetchy when the road falls away, as it does up to the crest of the Dunlop. But, it doesn't seem any worse than with the wing tilted up. I make no claims about ultimate speed, but I seem to be a few tenths faster than with the spoiler set to 8. And, it also supports my theory that PD has the spring rates backwards. :crazy:

Mazda RX7: Suzuka 550PP

HP: 293
Weight: 1168
Tires: S2 S2
Aero: 0 0
Height: -30 -30
Spring: 2 10
Shock: 5 5
Toe: -.15 +.05
Camber: 1.5 1.5
Bias: 4 8
Angle: 50
ABS: 1
1st: 2.895
2nd: 1.765
3rd: 1.308
4th: 1.029
5th 0.857
Final: 4.580

Last edited:
Well ,i had quite a few nice races yesterday especially with Alexi but i totally got my ass whooped by Maz so i'm gonna do some testing/tuning and join about an hour from now..See you there:tup:

Eric your right I tried your tune not for the faint of heart, I was having lots of trouble.

Phillip.

Eric your right I tried your tune not for the faint of heart, I was having lots of trouble.

Phillip.

Philip, I can't remember if you're a D-pad jockey, or not? [edit: ah, now I see, DFGT]. You can tame it a bit, pretty easily, by increasing the rear toe to maybe +.15, or turning up the aero to 2 or 4. I'm actually not having too much trouble with a wheel, and seem to do a lot less tail out drifting than a lot of guys I'm racing, but everyone's got preferences, and I'm certainly not the fastest (I'm D2/Silver, and glad to have it :dunce: ). Thanks for giving it try. Always appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Philip, I can't remember if you're a D-pad jockey, or not? [edit: ah, now I see, DFGT]. You can tame it a bit, pretty easily, by increasing the rear toe to maybe +.15, or turning up the aero to 2 or 4. I'm actually not having too much trouble with a wheel, and seem to do a lot less tail out drifting than a lot of guys I'm racing, but everyone's got preferences, and I'm certainly not the fastest (I'm D2/Silver, and glad to have it :dunce: ). Thanks for giving it try. Always appreciated. :)

Your welcome Eric, you keep going as you are, each tune is different for each driver, that’s what makes us all unique, I have a tendency to tune my car very dull maybe that’s my problem in tuned events. They come out very stable but dull, can’t get any speed into them, then wind up pushing to hard then losing time.

I did manage a 2’19.6 I know that’s slow but I’m out a practise with online racing of late, spent to much time on WRS.

Good luck in your bounties and enjoy Maz’s event.👍

Phillip.

Just curious, but why do a lot of you KOR guys use "US" tags when you aren't from America? :lol:

I would join you guys but my GT5P days are long gone, and I don't see much point going back and having to learn how to drive again (w/ Prologue physics) with GT5 so close on the horizon, not to mention the fact that I'm really enjoying iRacing atm and feel that it is great practice (much better than GT5P) for the physics that will be found in GT5.

Last edited:
In at 35 👍

EDIT: Incredible racing with Hellrazor, Tyrant, LoneStar and GTP Alexi, just awesome. Got a couple of bounties (no photos sadly) but got beaten myself plenty as well :lol:

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Bloody hell, I just got done twice in the same race by Hellrazor at Spoon with KOR_Tyrant watching no doubt laughing his ass off. Didn't even know you could pull such a move there! :embarrassed:

It's a great time to jump in for anyone who's around, the quality of racers currently on track is unrivalled :cheers:

All the best
Maz

Just had some great races with Theewar,Lonestar,Fairplay and some others...great stuff,finally have a tune i can live with,although still not really comfortable enough...

spy.

Jumped on Prologue for the first time in 2 months.:eek: Is a high 2'17 any good in this event? That's what I can get in an hour after 2 months of nothing, providing I don't make any big mistakes. I used to whore this event (550 PP RWD) so much, I knew everything there was to know about just about every car. Said knowledge, all gone.:lol:

Jumped on Prologue for the first time in 2 months.:eek: Is a high 2'17 any good in this event? That's what I can get in an hour after 2 months of nothing, providing I don't make any big mistakes. I used to whore this event (550 PP RWD) so much, I knew everything there was to know about just about every car. Said knowledge, all gone.:lol:

http://www.gtdb.net/?laps/1/550/41/*/3

👍

All the best
Maz

Yep I'll be there 👍

EDIT: in at 35

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
👍 Maz

guys, post here if you're in tonight so we see how much there will be playing with me :D 👍

jokertramp.jpg

Magnificent race with Hellrazor at 35, private grid after 1 lap, he won....again :lol:

Didn't connect at 05, trying again at 35 👍

All the best
Maz

Cheeky bounty :D

2zi8thw.jpg

x2rxiu.gif
KOR_Joker / KOR_Kaine / KOR_Borris

Found another:

2zg7kzs.jpg

2h2kp4l.gif
KOR_Tyrant / KOR_Isobar

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Haha, too bad we lost 4secs me being on the sunny sands :lol: ....2'16.780 best (no slip) on that race and was a really great race too 👍 👍

Nice scalps you got!! :D

scalpprep4a.jpg

edit,

oh yeah thanks for waiting after my issue 👍

I can't compare to you alien's times, especially not your TT times.:) Regardless though, it would appear my time off GT5:P has hurt me immensely, I'll need to get at least low 2'17s by the sounds of it.

Edit: I did a mid 2'17 tonight, I think I'll just stay out of these races primarily. Although a group of us should be racing this tomorrow night AU/NZ time, so any early risers in Europe that feel like coming along, please do.

Last edited:
Cool event, great idea! 👍👍

There doesn't seem to be any shortage of good tunes for this, but I thought I'd publish my tune just because it's a little different. It comes with Twisty's famous 30-30 warranty
(30 seconds or 30 feet, whichever come first). It's also not for the faint of heart, sissies, or small children as it gets just a little tetchy when the road falls away, as it does up to the crest of the Dunlop. But, it doesn't seem any worse than with the wing tilted up. I make no claims about ultimate speed, but I seem to be a few tenths faster than with the spoiler set to 8. And, it also supports my theory that PD has the spring rates backwards. :crazy:

Mazda RX7: Suzuka 550PP

HP: 293
Weight: 1168
Tires: S2 S2
Aero: 0 0
Height: -30 -30
Spring: 2 10
Shock: 5 5
Toe: -.15 +.05
Camber: 1.5 1.5
Bias: 4 8
Angle: 50
ABS: 1
1st: 2.895
2nd: 1.765
3rd: 1.308
4th: 1.029
5th 0.857
Final: 4.580

For a guy like me who doesnt have the time at all to set up the beast, it is a pleasure to read this kind of post.
I'll practice beginning of next week for a couple of days. After that, starting middle of that week, I hope I will meet some of you in this race.

For a guy like me who doesnt have the time at all to set up the beast, it is a pleasure to read this kind of post.
I'll practice beginning of next week for a couple of days. After that, starting middle of that week, I hope I will meet some of you in this race.

Hi, just saw this. Thanks for the compliment. :) The original post is a little dated at this point, but it's always nice to be appreciated. :) I wish I could say that the tune is especially good, but I'm not all that quick, so I'm always looking for a little edge with the setup, and this one seems good but not with any big advantage. There're plenty of excellent garages on here, and I always like to see what they've got (usually some very good pointers towards what makes a particular car perform). I'm hoping the new physics will put more emphasis back on tuning, as I think the Spec I physics did. I just wish I had whatever it takes to be truly competitive as I really appreciate this game from a motorsports perspective, as well as that of a former simulation engineer. Let's hope GT5 will enthuse us all once again (less than 2 months to go 👍👍👍👍).

Back