KTM X-BOW Super Lap: Streets Of Willow Springs

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 131 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
KTM X-BOW Super Lap: Streets Of Willow Springs

wXkfs5e.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 6/11/2014 – 20/11/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 6/11/2014 – 4/12/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
PP: 580 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Cars: KTM
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 120,000
Silver: Cr. 55,000
Bronze: Cr. 30,000

Gift(s):
Gold: MATTE DARK BLUE paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:14.000
Silver: 1:17.000
Bronze: 1:23.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Streets Of Willow Springs
Track Length: 1.66 miles / 2672 m
Time of day: 09:00
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

KTM X-Bow Street '12 by nExx .. Tune at end of video.

KTM X-Bow Street '12 by shaunm80

KTM X-Bow R 15th Anniv '12 by praiano63

KTM X-Bow Street '12 by Sutuki

KTM X-Bow Street '12 by CRANK_U1

KTM X-Bow Street '12 by SW__10

KTM X-Bow Street '12 by axxxim

KTM X-Bow Street '12 by Stotty

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
I was shocked at how early these Seasonal Events were posted this week. I exited out to the main menu and saw the "NEW" tag just after 10pm EST. I've never seen it that early. I'm not going to try these events just yet. I'm a zone having fun with last week's races still... Awesome job as always @nowcontrol!!

Good luck everyone!

Yes, you are certainly " now in control" of these Time Trials, I agree with Alby, you are doing a great job.

I agree also. Great Job:tup:👍👍👍👍

I'm waiting also for a tune. I have the AE version that's never been driven.

Last edited:
Anyone got a good tune for the X-BOW R12 for this event that could help me out a bit? Mine just keeps sliding around.

Haha!!! It's so hard to keep it on the road!

It reminds me so much of San Francisco Rush when you select the "Full Simulation" difficulty, and your car slips and slides all over the track, and you crash more than you drive.

As the announcer would say: "IT'S DANGEROUS!!!"

Last edited:
Well PD have really out done themselves with this one. Maybe they should send some marshals out to sweep the track, I think it must be covered in sand. Wow, what a let down after the last set of seasonals. Golded and gone.

Well PD have really out done themselves with this one. Maybe they should send some marshals out to sweep the track, I think it must be covered in sand. Wow, what a let down after the last set of seasonals. Golded and gone.
I agree with you, I think the seasonal A-spec races are better than the TTs.

not interested in this one got gold easy and done. Just have to add hp to it. Surprisingly just one lap 1:13.709 puts at 1217 but its way early.

Last edited:
Here's my lap, a 1:12:040 for #112. Really twitchy and nervous, but maybe thats because of the setup. IF you get it right it's fun, but if not, you are OFF! Tune at the end of video...

Last edited:
I like a challenge, respect to all the tuners out there but y'all just making it easy, that's why I do all stock cars for career races and seasonals, only sometimes I use slightly tuned cars. I just ran this in a stock X-BOW Street, no oil change, took me about ten trys to get gold but ran a 1:13.861. No need for X-BOW R or Anniversary edition and easy tunes. Stock Cars FTW! Challenge yourselves! 👍

Last edited:
I kind of like this TT, used an old Ascari tune with more power to get a good first run of 1:11.088. Slippy for sure, dance with the throttle big time. May make a good effort at this one.

I am quite amazed at how low the seasonal challenges have become, drift trials ? Better buy a Formula 1 race game so that I can play tennis.
It seems to be the done thing to select a track find the most ridiculous car and then impose ridiculous tyre settings
Rant over

I am really enjoying this TT so far. I encourage everyody struggling with this combo to give it a try. Reminds me to the LFA at Brands Hatch. Hard to get used to it, but once you tame it, it's quite rewarding.

Last edited:
Bit of an aside but is it pronounced "ex-bow" or "cross-bow" ?
Cross-bow ;) (edit: was mentioned before)

Btw: down to 1:13:856 (finally)
I noticed that body rigidity had to be repaired. My X-bow has 780km.
First try after the "repair" got me the gold.
Rather happy now, since I won't feel the need to go back to this tomorrow morning...

I have to add: two weeks ago I watched a race in Zolder (Belgium), where two X-Bows were racing amongst other (normal) race cars. They did rather well, not twitchy at all.
They were probably on proper race tires... :D

Back