Click here to convert 3:00 GMT/UTC to your local time

Times:
Bronze: 2:33.000
Silver: 2:24.000
Gold: 2:20.000

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.15,000
Silver: Cr.33,000
Gold: Cr.69,000 + GT MILITARY 004-W paint chip.

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Entry Requirements:
PP: 550, Tires: SH, Nitrous cannot be installed.
Eligible Cars: Normal Car.
Drivetrain: FR, FF, MR, RR
Countries: Austria, Belgium, Germany, Spain, France, UK, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden.

Course Conditions:
Time: 13:00
Precipitation: 0%
Track: Ascari Full Track

AscariFullTrack.png

Tunes:

BMW M3 CSL '03 - @praiano63 - Praiano GT6 Tunes

KTM X-Bow R 15th Anniv. Ed. '12 - @WhoosierGirl

KTM X-Bow Street '12 - @praiano63 - Praiano GT6 Tunes

KTM X-Bow Street '12 - @CRANK_U1

KTM X-Bow Street '12 - @SW__10

KTM X-Bow Street '12 - @Stotty

McLaren MP4-12C '10 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning - TT PP tweak

McLaren MP4-12C '10 - @eLw00d

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP may not be updated daily between 7:00, and 19:00 GMT/UTC.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my -7:00 GMT/UTC time zone.
----------------------------------------------

AMG How To Drive Ascari With Bernd Schneider

Ascari - Onboard KTM X-Bow (MR)

Ascari - Onboard Scirocco R (FF)

BMW M3 GTS at Ascari (FR)

----------------------------------------------
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
Got a 2:15.695 with the 550PP Rocket '07 - was a lot of fun, but too easy.
Easy win with Praiano's BMW CSL. This track is all about throttle control and keeping the wheels turning. If you feel like you are going to slow, it's a good thing.
:)

2:07.132 with the anniversary X-Bow, stock everything except added 56kg @ -30 to get to 550pp and changed brakes to 7/4 and removed toe and camber. Not fond of the first corner, mess it up way to much to enjoy this TT.

👍 Gold first lap

This is not easy, it's a hard track + i haven't driven this track so often, but i have gold on the license test with the Veyron, so it's possible to gold this, i have now tried the BMW 135i Coupe 2007 tuned to 550 PP and the Volkswagen Scirocco R 2010 tuned to 529 PP with no luck, i manage to get bronze with 2:26.xxx in both cars.
I'm gonna try the Rocket and the X-Bow as suggested here and see if i can manage to get gold on this event, i'm just gonna try with "normal" cars first.

Update:

:) I have now 2:22.977 and silver with Renault Sport Megane R.S Trophy 2011 tuned to 550 PP

Update:

5 hours later i change the car to BMW M3 CSL 2003 547 PP and used the tune from Praiano and was abel to get my time down to 2:16.810 with controller and won gold + paint chip, i'm very happy with that :)

Last edited:
Did a 2:19.8xx in a Ferrari SP1 '08 @ stock for the gold on my first lap early today, then switched it to the 550pp tune tab [Had already been running it at Apricot Hill A-Spec intermediate] and cleared another 2 seconds down to 2:17.8xx.

Going to try out quite a few eligible cars on this that are mostly ready tuned at 550pp, and will also be running them a few laps @ stock too.

I'll probably end up running laps in the X-bow soon tho, to battle my way up the LB.

Taking the opportunity to challenge myself a little with this Seasonal. I'm using a tuned down McLaren F1 '94. Even with low power, this car is sensitive on the throttle and prone to oversteer. I'm having fun trying to balance it all out and adapt my driving style to it. So far, I've only managed 2 valid laps with some cautious driving, but one of them was a Silver in the 2:22 range.

2:11.1xx for starters in the X-Bow Street. Still plenty of time to gain, I can beat all the blue lines of my friend list [and my own current ghost] up to the first split but a few get past me in the tight section that starts there.

I'm still trying to get used to using lift off 'n' flick technique with the new wheel, and the amount of rotation needed to get around some of the tighter corners.

EDIT: 2:10.5xx now.

Last edited:
Guaranteed gold tune below

McLaren MP4-12C '10

The tune linked below is a 600PP SS tyre tune, All I did was copy the settings to another sheet, remove the sports exhaust and detune to 550PP. Stick on a set on Sports Hard Tyres and your good to go. :)

Link here

mp4-12cimg2-jpg.170218

I took the Chapparal 2J '70 for this Seasonal, tuned it down to 600 PP and took the Top-Speed back to 260 km/h.
Result: 1:23,757
Good enough for me

I took the Chapparal 2J '70 for this Seasonal, tuned it down to 600 PP and took the Top-Speed back to 260 km/h.
Result: 1:23,757
Good enough for me
Wrong thread.

I used a stock 458 Scuderia and got a 2:15 even with mediocre driving.

Haven't been there since struggling for my Super License. I've been wanting a reason to learn the track!

You bring up a good point for those who haven't yet learned the track. 👍
I found a good way was to learn the track one configuration at a time.

If you go into Garage/Test Drive, you can use the access roads...
...that way you can learn the track in thirds, instead of all at once. :)

Ascari.jpg

--------------------------------

OP updated with some IRL (MR, FF, FR) onboard videos @ Ascari. :)
I like to marinate in videos like these before going on-track in GT6. :dopey:

Last edited:
Caterham is good choice for this, too. It's not giving you the best time, but enjoyable and easy gold.

It's slow in the straight but very tolerating in the bends. So it's a very good practicing car for this track.

Haven't been there since struggling for my Super License. I've been wanting a reason to learn the track!

I don't remember using this much at all - vaguely remember driving an NSX round it, I haven't done the Super Licence - think I'm on IA.

I decided to run a load of laps in a slower/safer car to learn the track. Maxed out the Mini Marcos to 520pp/225BHP. Great fun, once I'd remembered which blind corner is which :banghead:. Got a respectable 1:28.4xx, but now it's time to move on to a 'gold' car...

Just taken 1st place but i red lapped a 4:8XX so plenty to improve on. I also lost my setup due to the electric meter conking out so i'll have to redo it again :mad:
I'll post my tune soon...

Just squeaked out Gold with a 2:19.695, but on my 2nd lap. Unfortunately, I was DQ'ed for improperly cutting the double-quick chicanes two-thirds through my first lap. That would have been a 2.18.332 if it had counted. I am terrible at this track too. I hardly ever run it. I guess that shows you how quick the McLaren MP4-12C really is. I can imagine you guys will be setting some very low times in this one.

EDIT: I noticed people have been using the X-Bow, so I took out my 15th Anniversary, which I haven't driven more than 6 mies (not a big fan of it IRL). 1st lap was a 2:18.759, better than my MP4 run, which shocked me because I can hardly drive this thing. LOL! Again, I expect to see some sick times from you guys with this light track monster.

Last edited:
I´m stuck at 2.23.00 with the KTM........i´gues i´m not so good at setting up the car.

Any help for me.........:bowdown:

how do i get the car not overstearing....:ill:

ore is it the wrong car for me.........:banghead:

I´m stuck at 2.23.00 with the KTM........i´gues i´m not so good at setting up the car.

Sometimes it's how you drive that can mean the difference. But Praiano has a nice tune for that car from a different seasonal - why not give that a try if you're struggling:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...500-stealth-model.291084/page-41#post-9255055 - X-Bow R

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...500-stealth-model.291084/page-37#post-9220839 - X-Bow Street

14386783387_8303d19066_o.jpg

Hmm.... a very dark 1pm (the image actually makes it look lighter than it was)

Eventually, after much faffing around with the KTM and the XKR-S, I did it first time out in the Rocket.

Personally, I can not stand the X-Bow. Frankly, I'm shocked that I wasn't spinning out on every corner. I hadn't even touched my X-Bow in many months because I just don't enjoy driving it. It does oversteer like crazy. I think you'd be better served to keep the vehicle in a higher gear when going around the sweeping turns and corners. If you think you need 2nd, put it in 3rd and floor it - the torque should pull you along nicely. Same thing when you go around a very slow turn. Instead of mashing 1st gear, throw it in 2nd and keep those back wheels planted on the pavement. Otherwise, you need to be very gentle with your accelerator foot.

I think you'll find that the X-Bow is so light and nimble that a steady lap without any serious slipping and sliding WILL give you a Gold Medal lap very quickly. Just be very patient through the corners. If you are still pulling your hair out with the X-Bow, may I suggest you try the McLaren MP4-12C instead? That car is planted better and while it's bigger/heavier it's a bit easier to drive on a track like Ascari.

Good luck! Let me know how you make out.

EDIT: I got bored so I hopped back on the PS3. With about 5 more laps (a couple DQ's) I chopped about 5 seconds off my X-Bow time. 2:13.975 now. I'm going to look for a tune because I installed the Adjustable Suspension, but I'm running default values. Yuck.

Last edited:
Back