Kubica injured in rally crash - Now rallying again...

I just read about this....sucks. He is, I believe, a future world champion. He has always shown a lot of speed.

Here's to a speedy recovery. I don't see Senna performing very well.

I doubt it very much that Bruno is overly happy, I watched an interview with Damon Hill talking about '94. He said he didin't protest about Adelaide much as he didn't really have any wish to win a championship involving the death of Senna.

I doubt it very much that Bruno is overly happy, I watched an interview with Damon Hill talking about '94. He said he didin't protest about Adelaide much as he didn't really have any wish to win a championship involving the death of Senna.
There are 2 sides, Hill may have just represented one side of his feelings.
Here is a quote from David Coulthard talking about replacing Senna:
"The harsh reality of life and the business is that drivers come and drivers go.

Usually they move teams, but sometimes they are killed or seriously injured.

This was my opportunity and rather than reflecting on the loss of a great champion, I had to concentrate on my job.

If I had done it half-heartedly, that would have been very disrespectful to the late Ayrton, so I just got on with it."

Coulthard is a decent man, and doesn't act like a sheep like other people might do, who can't think for themselves but just join in with things.

Last edited:
No wonder he was hurt so bad. There is a gaping hole in the firewall and bars that may have impaled him. Like I said before. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Looks like a head on collision with the end of that barrier. Barrier seems to have gone straight through the engine bay and into the driver compartment.

You don't understand sport then, Bruno will be delighted to take the racing seat even if Kubica died. You realise it's possible to have something called "mixed emotions", you feel sad at a loss, but also elated at a wonderful opportunity. This is exactly what David Couthald felt when Senna died and he was given Senna's seat in the Williams F1 car, he was thrilled to have the chance.

You're an idiot and clearly have zero clue about the camaraderie that exists among athletes.
Yes, saying that is worth the forthcoming infraction.

You're an idiot and clearly have zero clue about the camaraderie that exists among athletes.
Yes, saying that is worth the forthcoming infraction.

Enjoy it then. Did you read my post above. Drivers may die you just have to get on with it. But anyway why call me an idiot I am not expressing my personal feelings, dramatic events would really effect me, I'm just saying what I observe in the professional racing business. You should not be on the forums causing abuse.

Oh my word .May he he recover in time last thing Motorsport needs is too lose another driver,Goes to show that no matter the safety Regulations and what not this sport is very very dangerous.

Would you care to stop saying this please? - as a "girl" and a paramedic of 14 years I have seen things that would make your toes curl backwards... Thanks :irked:

:ouch:

Never, ever doubt a girl's strength.

You don't understand sport then, Bruno will be delighted to take the racing seat even if Kubica died. You realise it's possible to have something called "mixed emotions", you feel sad at a loss, but also elated at a wonderful opportunity. This is exactly what David Couthald felt when Senna died and he was given Senna's seat in the Williams F1 car, he was thrilled to have the chance.

I just vomitted. You do realize that after all the money, fame and glory, F1 is just a stupid motorsport? Therefore, anyone whose mind glimpse the smallest sign of delight when receiving the news of a fellow racer passing away isn't human. Exactly as your comment.

Sweet Buddha, you have the tact and delicacy of a bag of hammers.

I would say an "elephant in a crystal shop", but I will add "holding a bag of hammers" to the phrase. Sums up perfectly, thanks. ;)

"The Lotus Renault GP driver Robert Kubica is no longer at risk of having his hand amputated, Daniel Morelli, his manager, confirmed in a press conference this afternoon."
http://www.formula1onlive.com/2011/02/kubica-rally-crash-updates2-hand.html

I'm glad to hear that. :)

Enjoy it then. Did you read my post above. Drivers may die you just have to get on with it. But anyway why call me an idiot I am not expressing my personal feelings, dramatic events would really effect me, I'm just saying what I observe in the professional racing business. You should not be on the forums causing abuse.

Who asked you to do that? This is a thread about Kubica and the concerns we have for him. You come in and start blurting out how other drivers are happy they'll get a chance to drive due to someone's misfortunes. This is clearly not the place for it.

Who asked you to do that? This is a thread about Kubica and the concerns we have for him. You come in and start blurting out how other drivers are happy they'll get a chance to drive due to someone's misfortunes. This is clearly not the place for it.
You are wrong in my opinion.

Reports say that Alonso has arrived to the hospital. Not surprising, seeing as him and Kubica are good pals.

For a moment, when I first turned on the TV this morning, I felt like the day Colin McRae died... :(

I don't think that what blaaah wrote is offensive or disrispectful. This has nothing to do with our sadness about what happened to Kubica. I'm also sure Bruno Senna is a decent person and he is not rejoicing about what happened to Kubica. He should humanly care about the health and integrity of a fellow racer and I bet he does.

But I have no doubt he is also very happy with the oportunity he got to show his worth in a good car, unless he is afraid to be measured against Petrov.

This is not about Good and Evil, this is about sometimes the bad luck of others giving you a chance that was highly improbable that you would ever have.

I remember in the movie "Grand Prix", after an near fatal accident at Monaco, during the night-life celebrations the american journalist interviews the french Ferrari driver that won the race. (actor was Yves Montand). She asks him how could drivers race on and celebrate a win after knowing that one of their rivals and fellow racers was about to die in the principality's hospital.

He replies something like this (I searched YT but couldn't find the exact lines): "When I was younger that impressed me and could even make me go slower. Now, when such a thing happens, I go even faster, because I know some others will slow down and I need to take all chances I can."

Very good to hear.👍

Do you just like starting crap?

If so you won't last long here.
Please PM me your name and address so I can complain about you officially...
Staying on topic about Kubica here is more detail on his condition:
Surgeons are trying to re-establish the functionality of Kubica's right hand, his manager said. "They have already revascularized the limb and repaired the bone structure. Now they have to think about the muscular functions but Robert has strong character and he will make it," said Daniele Morelli.

Health officials in Italy said Kubica's life was not in danger after the Polish driver crashed while on the way to a rally in Italy. A Renault spokeswoman told Reuters that Kubica was conscious when he was taken to hospital by helicopter. His participation in the Formula One season, which starts on 13 March, is in jeopardy.

"It is a very delicate situation, as the first hours always are after a huge trauma, one in which there could also have been strong bleeding," Roberto Carrozzino, a local health authority official, told Sky Italia.

Carrozzino said that Kubica underwent an examination to assess any possible damage to internal organs and the brain. Asked about a report that one of his arms would be amputated, Carrozzino said: "All assessments have yet to be made. An amputation is not a decision that is made so rapidly. I do not confirm or deny this report."

I don't think that what blaaah wrote is offensive or disrispectful. This has nothing to do with our sadness about what happened to Kubica. I'm also sure Bruno Senna is a decent person and he is not rejoicing about what happened to Kubica. He should humanly care about the health and integrity of a fellow racer and I bet he does.

Offensive: No

Disrespectful: Totally

If this was the Bahrain thread and we knew for sure that Kubica was out for some races than it would be fine. But a few hours after the incident is blatantly disrespectful.

@blaaah: :lol:What will you be reporting me about "officially"?

Last edited:
This thread is the Kubica thread, so can we keep this respectful? The guy has sustained serious injuries and all you can do is argue?

Blaaah just stated a few things about the way other drivers feel in their particular situation, which has everything to do with Kubica's accident.
Why is that disrespectful in any way?
Because it's not all niceties and we should only say good things?

Things are as they are, and while you do not have to agree with the views of the drivers he quoted (he quoted them, its NOT his own opinion - make that distinction), they are very true.

Blaaah just stated a few things about the way other drivers feel in their particular situation, which has everything to do with Kubica's accident.
Why is that disrespectful in any way?
Because it's not all niceties and we should only say good things?

Things are as they are, and while you do not have to agree with the views of the drivers he quoted (he quoted them, its NOT his own opinion - make that distinction), they are very true.

It's terrible timing though.

It's like planning someones funeral when they aren't even dead yet. Even if you know they are going to die you should at least have respect and wait until it happens.

Well of course Senna won't be expressing his joy at his wonderful opportunity right away - I agree, that's disrespectful.

But merely discussing it is disrespectful already?
How did discussing past and future behaviour of OTHER people ever become disrespectful?

Smells like an awful lot of political correctness to me.

Back to Kubica's accident, the dynamics of it are frightening ... the car was "impaled" from the front, and all the unluckyness of Robert could have been a lot, lot worse, it's almost a miracle that he escaped this alive and in one piece.

Two pics. One is a "montage" trying to show how/where the rail entered the car. It's not that good though, because it almost seems the rail entered to the left of Kubica, and we know it was his right leg, arm and hand that were affected.

kubica2.png

This one is taken at an angle that shows a bit better where the rail entered the front of the car:

z9062212X,Samochod-Roberta-Kubicy-po-wypadku.jpg

And if you want to understand how violent this "car-impaling" can be, just watch this video curiously from another polish rally team. No one was harmed, but it was (also) a miracle. Start it at the 1:00 mark:

Frightening indeed ...

(PS - both pics and video were shown to me by my dear polish friend, mr geez, credit to him in this sad day for all polish motorsports fans :) )

Well of course Senna won't be expressing his joy at his wonderful opportunity right away - I agree, that's disrespectful.

But merely discussing it is disrespectful already?
How did discussing past and future behavior of OTHER people ever become disrespectful?

Smells like an awful lot of political correctness to me.

In the thread discussing the person and crash themselves. Yes, very disrespectful.

If it were in the Renault thread it would be fine.

Nothing to do with PC, everything to do with having respect toward someone.

Back to Kubica's accident, the dynamics of it are frightening ... the car was "impaled" from the front, and all the unluckyness of Robert could have been a lot, lot worse, it's almost a miracle that he escaped this alive and in one piece.

Two pics. One is a "montage" trying to show how/where the rail entered the car. It's not that good though, because it almost seems the rail entered to the left of Kubica, and we know it was his right leg, arm and hand that were affected.

Didn't realize the damage was that bad, really could have been much worse.

kubica2.png

This one is taken at an angle that shows a bit better where the rail entered the front of the car:

z9062212X,Samochod-Roberta-Kubicy-po-wypadku.jpg

And if you want to understand how violent this "car-impaling" can be, just watch this video curiously from another polish rally team. No one was harmed, but it was (also) a miracle. Start it at the 1:00 mark:

Frightening indeed ...

(PS - both pics and video were shown to me by my dear polish friend, mr geez, credit to him in this sad day for all polish motorsports fans :) )

Wow. :drool:

I consider him lucky.

Kubica has immense talent, sad to see him or anyone suffer such a painful injury. Many people including myself thought than when he crashed at the Canadian GP a few years ago, we had lost another driver in F1.

I truly hope he will recover completely and resume his F1 career, God willing.

Not looking good for his F1 career but good to know he has a chance to stay in F1. He might be out for a year or longer. Hope he can make a full recovery in that time and who knows he could have a miraculous recovery in a shorter period. After all he suffered the injuries due to crashing into a church wall.

Press conference:

Thank god he's ok. I think he'll miss the Aussie Grand prix though, one where he was very good at last year. Anyway I hope Grosjean comes in instead of Senna.

I don't know if you guys know, but i've got a fow news
==
1: Amputation of the hands of Kubica is discarded by doctors

2: Robert Kubica will take about a year to recover

3: Fernando Alonso was the first to visit Robert
alonsokubica_twitpic62.jpg

Cheers

Back