Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
Saw this pic here: http://www.drivingitalia.net/index....a-intervista-marco-massarutto-parte-1-r24262/

ric1.jpg.7017570314fdb2906b4b1243c64f7b71.jpg

At this point I can be easily fooled into thinking this is a real picture, but assuming it's a game shot, the level of detail is incredible and much certainly higher than the usual 2cm kind of accuracy we often see associated with laser scanning. Of course the detail could have been added later and not part of the laser scan but it's insane how much detail is actually there!

I'm sure we're going to see some mind-blowing stuff when ACC launches, but that isn't a shot of ACC. That's a real deal photo at Paul Richard, I would guess by Panky or Marco.

There's no way that's an in game screenshot. Like, look at the dirt in the ruts of the curb.

I'm sure we're going to see some mind-blowing stuff when ACC launches, but that isn't a shot of ACC. That's a real deal photo at Paul Richard, I would guess by Panky or Marco.
It does look real, but it's mixed in with what are known game shots so I assumed it was also a game shot.

Blancpain and WEC have to 2 totally distinct calendars.
https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/
https://www.fiawec.com/
I know but if I remember right it was Marco or Stefano (I think it was Marco) who said during the recent RD interview that Blancpain is the first in a series. Maybe WEC in 2019/2020 with Interlagos. Could be a bad guess of me?

I could have made myself more clear. It was not my intention to mix up Blancpain with the WEC series.

I know but if I remember right it was Marco or Stefano (I think it was Marco) who said during the recent RD interview that Blancpain is the first in a series. Maybe WEC in 2019/2020 with Interlagos. Could be a bad guess of me?

I could have made myself more clear. It was not my intention to mix up Blancpain with the WEC series.

A lot of us are new to the series, championships, etc.
I'm still learning it all myself and
it's quite a bit to try to keep up with constant team, driver and sponsor changes.

Icould have made myself more clear. It was not my intention to mix up Blancpain with the WEC series.

The interview could not have been more clear that what is coming is Blancpain on PC and that until that happen and depending how it goes, the Kunos team will then start to think in which direction they might go next.
anything else is pure speculation and totally unfounded. Kunos themselves do not know.

The interview could not have been more clear that what is coming is Blancpain on PC and that until that happen and depending how it goes, the Kunos team will then start to think in which direction they might go next.
anything else is pure speculation and totally unfounded. Kunos themselves do not know.
This. It's seriously driving me up a freakin' wall the way people talk about "what's next" for Kunos. ACC is what's next. It's a GT3 racing title. That's it. Stefano, Marco & Aristotelis all announce that, unfortunately, modding won't be supported with this title. That's it. There is NO modding.

I've read from multiple people things like, "Did you notice they used the word "supported"? There are other titles running that game engine that support modding. So it can be done! But to keep things cozy with Blancpain, they can't "support" modding." WTF?! This isn't a goddamn murder mystery. There are no clues to look for.

"I'm sure in time we'll see street cars available. Probably as DLC..." WHAT?! On what universe do people have to come from in order to not understand a crystal clear announcement from Kunos?

"You can't have a sim nowadays without the Nordschleife, so I'm betting that's going to be a bonus track that has to be unlocked or it's a separate part of the game..OMG! You know how good the Green Hell is going to look with that new game engine!! AND IN THE RAIN!!!1!1!!!1!" STOP!! For the love of God...please stop.

My favorite:

"This ACC is just a holdover while they are really working on AC2." or "We won't have to wait 4-5 years to get AC2. Everything in ACC is like a test for AC2." No. It is a full-fledged title that a LOT of money is being spent on. This isn't Gran Turismo Prologue or whatever...Please...I can't take it anymore. Someone please kill me.

This. It's seriously driving me up a freakin' wall the way people talk about "what's next" for Kunos. ACC is what's next. It's a GT3 racing title. That's it. Stefano, Marco & Aristotelis all announce that, unfortunately, modding won't be supported with this title. That's it. There is NO modding.

I've read from multiple people things like, "Did you notice they used the word "supported"? There are other titles running that game engine that support modding. So it can be done! But to keep things cozy with Blancpain, they can't "support" modding." WTF?! This isn't a goddamn murder mystery. There are no clues to look for.

"I'm sure in time we'll see street cars available. Probably as DLC..." WHAT?! On what universe do people have to come from in order to not understand a crystal clear announcement from Kunos?

"You can't have a sim nowadays without the Nordschleife, so I'm betting that's going to be a bonus track that has to be unlocked or it's a separate part of the game..OMG! You know how good the Green Hell is going to look with that new game engine!! AND IN THE RAIN!!!1!1!!!1!" STOP!! For the love of God...please stop.

My favorite:

"This ACC is just a holdover while they are really working on AC2." or "We won't have to wait 4-5 years to get AC2. Everything in ACC is like a test for AC2." No. It is a full-fledged title that a LOT of money is being spent on. This isn't Gran Turismo Prologue or whatever...Please...I can't take it anymore. Someone please kill me.

My favorite:

Well said.

I think some are getting excited and just trying to predict possibilities with DLC, myself included.
I said before it could be a logical move to look at GT4 for the Nurburgring fans, it's all in good fun.

Speaking about good fun, ALL R3E content is completely free this weekend! Sorry mods for the plug, trying to spread the word as there's not many of us in the R3E sub forum and more sim fans need to know this game!
raceroom pic.jpg

Speaking about good fun, ALL R3E content is completely free this weekend! Sorry mods for the plug, trying to spread the word as there's not many of us in the R3E sub forum and more sim fans need to know this game!
And it now has proper triple screen and VR support too. Good stuff.

I tried RR yesterday for couple of hours, several tracks, several cars.
I have to say that i actually was disappointed by the sounds in comparison to Assetto Corsa. I expected to be blown away but i actually found it worse which surprised me because i heard so much about them being the best in the business.
Handling model was fine i guess. Graphically of course not on par with AC in terms of car models/interiors.
Its nice that its a free weekend, but i dont see myself paying for cars/tracks after it ends. I dont know, there is something about it that does not quite convince me. Maybe i am also just a graphics whore nowadays. The game feels just a tiny bit dated.

Off topic:

I truly wish that one day Kunos decides to make a proper rallycross game. Not a rally game, like WRC but rallycross. With true to life car handling physics and true to life crash, rollover and what not physics. All the other physics/models must be true to life as well.

Like this:

Rally and rallycross, the ultimate car control!.

On topic:

ACC must be developed first of course. I have no idea why but I love the concept of ACC. A few cars and tracks, an official license with the official teams is what a true sim must be, IMHO of course.

The good thing about ACC being limited in content is that I'm still going to be interested in AC. If I want to use a road car and a track that is not in ACC, I use AC.

The problem I have games like pCars 2 is that it is basically the same game as pCars but better. Buying pCars is a waste of money considering that pCars 2 is better, again IMHO. In that respect, I think Kunos makes the right decisions by not making AC2 but a whole new game build from scratch.
I'm still interested and playing netKar pro for the same reason.

Actually Marco said they'd thought about WEC but after most of the LMP1H teams pulled out they realized it would be kinda pointless to make a game based on it and went to Blancpain instead (something to that effect anyway).

Actually Marco said they'd thought about WEC but after most of the LMP1H teams pulled out they realized it would be kinda pointless to make a game based on it and went to Blancpain instead (something to that effect anyway).
Thanks. You're right. This is what I recall now after you helped me to remember. Brian's brains getting old ;) So at the end it was just a bad guess. I also never won the lottery...

Off topic:

I truly wish that one day Kunos decides to make a proper rallycross game. Not a rally game, like WRC but rallycross. With true to life car handling physics and true to life crash, rollover and what not physics. All the other physics/models must be true to life as well.

Like this:

Rally and rallycross, the ultimate car control!.

On topic:

ACC must be developed first of course. I have no idea why but I love the concept of ACC. A few cars and tracks, an official license with the official teams is what a true sim must be, IMHO of course.

The good thing about ACC being limited in content is that I'm still going to be interested in AC. If I want to use a road car and a track that is not in ACC, I use AC.

The problem I have games like pCars 2 is that it is basically the same game as pCars but better. Buying pCars is a waste of money considering that pCars 2 is better, again IMHO. In that respect, I think Kunos makes the right decisions by not making AC2 but a whole new game build from scratch.
I'm still interested and playing netKar pro for the same reason.

But i always wanted AC with weather and dynamic TOD with more cars and tracks. Driving in AC is soo good that drivin a road car was very satisfying, now imagine that with rain in the dark on Nurnburg Ring. :(

But i always wanted AC with weather and dynamic TOD with more cars and tracks. Driving in AC is soo good that drivin a road car was very satisfying, now imagine that with rain in the dark on Nurnburg Ring. :(
Indeed, you are correct. I'm going to change my comment:

kikie
I think Kunos makes the right decisions by not making AC2 before ACC. AC2 with all the ACC goodies would be perfect. ........

I thought he considered an F1 license. didn't know Kunos considered a WEC license.

Latest Posts

Back