Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
I had a wheel here for two months and was really good with it, faster than with the controller, but it always felt like "too much", too much commitment (space wise, money wise) just for casual racing. It was a super nice experience because i wanted to get to grips with why people praise wheels so much. Now i know. But it's nothing i could use on a regular basis long term, i just love to relax my whole body when gaming and just move my fingers :D
Maybe i will get another one in the future but only when i will have more than a one room apartment. I can totally see myself having a proper racing rig for couple thousand bucks sitting in a corner of a spare room or in the garage, but as of now, its just not for me.
I like just kicking back too and playing with the controller.

I saw this article and thought of this game.

https://kotaku.com/sources-the-playstation-5-is-still-a-ways-off-1825152206

Basically saying PS5 probably won’t hit til 2020. If that’s the case, I’d expect ACC to come to PS4.

I would not say so or at least one can argue this. I don't expect ACC to come out 2018 or if then late 2018. Keeping it on PC for roughly 1,x years does not seem unrealistic. AC was release for consoles more than 1,5 years later after PC.

I would not say so or at least one can argue this. I don't expect ACC to come out 2018 or if then late 2018. Keeping it on PC for roughly 1,x years does not seem unrealistic. AC was release for consoles more than 1,5 years later after PC.
If the backing and investment of Digital Bros and moving to the Unreal engine have no net positive impact on overall production pace at Kunos, then I agree.

I don't believe ACC will be officially released for PC until sometime in 2019 - I'd guess summer time 2019. My personal belief is that this title will not land on consoles. I hope it does...but the reason I'm not optimistic is because they are claiming it is a PC only title with any decisions to bring it to consoles not being considered at this time, but possibly in the future. Well, we all know that Kunos had a very difficult time porting AC to console because you have to develop differently for multi-platform compared to just PC. So, are they building ACC like it'll strictly be a PC title? Or are they building ACC like it'll be a multi-platform release? If they do the former, they're going to be screwed porting it to console just like they were with AC. If they develop for multi-platform from Day 1, why not just say that? Ya know? What possible reason could Kunos have to keep a potential console release secret? I can't think of a single one. If I'm pumping up my PC players I want to pump up my console players at the same time.

but the reason I'm not optimistic is because they are claiming it is a PC only title with any decisions to bring it to consoles not being considered at this time, but possibly in the future.

That's not really what they said though. In the RD interview they said that everything they're doing right now they always do with the thought of "Will we be able to make this work on consoles too?". They admitted they just don't know enough about UE4 yet to definitively say whether or not they will be able to make it work on consoles but they're making every effort to. That tells me that if they can make it work on consoles they will do so, it's just too early to say.

That's not really what they said though. In the RD interview they said that everything they're doing right now they always do with the thought of "Will we be able to make this work on consoles too?". They admitted they just don't know enough about UE4 yet to definitively say whether or not they will be able to make it work on consoles but they're making every effort to. That tells me that if they can make it work on consoles they will do so, it's just too early to say.
Wasn't that 'statement' related to using a mouse on PC to move around the UI/menus and console users are using a controller? So yes agree that they have console in the very back of their heads (read next gen console 20/21?).

Remember Kunos said they always kept the PSVR in their minds when support Oculus VR? They never gave a clear no directly to support PSVR. To be honest I don't see that happen anymore for well known reasons with the 1st gen PSVR.

Wasn't that 'statement' related to using a mouse on PC to move around the UI/menus and console users are using a controller? So yes agree that they have console in the very back of their heads (read next gen console 20/21?).

Nope, that was a different topic. I forget which part of the interview it was (I think it was in the first half of part 1 but not positive) but Stefano's words were pretty much that everything they're doing with development they ask themselves if it will work console too so it's at the front of their mind all the time but they're also not going to neuter a function on PC just so it will work on consoles.

Remember Kunos said they always kept the PSVR in their minds when support Oculus VR? They never gave a clear no directly to support PSVR. To be honest I don't see that happen anymore for well known reasons with the 1st gen PSVR.

I think that has more to do with the PSVR being not quite up to snuff. Do any racing games on console make good use of the PSVR? I know GTS can use it but only in an extremely limited capacity.

Nope, that was a different topic. I forget which part of the interview it was (I think it was in the first half of part 1 but not positive) but Stefano's words were pretty much that everything they're doing with development they ask themselves if it will work console too so it's at the front of their mind all the time but they're also not going to neuter a function on PC just so it will work on consoles.

I think that has more to do with the PSVR being not quite up to snuff. Do any racing games on console make good use of the PSVR? I know GTS can use it but only in an extremely limited capacity.

You're right. Thanks - again - for refreshing my mind. My PSVR is eating dust at the moment...to be honest I've not even tested the trial mode in GTS.
Only race on PC/Oculus with NLR motion v3 --> AC. PCars2, R3E and now and then Dirt Rally. And motion platform support on a console is too much to ask I guess ;)

Ahh okay...Thank you for setting me straight. I don't know why I remembered it the way I did. But, I appreciate you correcting what I wrote so others aren't becoming misinformed due to my post. :cheers:

Ahh okay...Thank you for setting me straight. I don't know why I remembered it the way I did. But, I appreciate you correcting what I wrote so others aren't becoming misinformed due to my post. :cheers:

Not sure why I remembered it, my brain cells aren't what they used to be either. :lol: That interview answers pretty much every question I had about ACC though, as well as some questions about AC, it's definitely worth the watch.

Not sure why I remembered it, my brain cells aren't what they used to be either. :lol: That interview answers pretty much every question I had about ACC though, as well as some questions about AC, it's definitely worth the watch.
I already watched it twice :dopey: And you are soliciting to join the club. Brian Wilde is me obviously

summerwine_1651419c.jpg

Is that the Two-Part video interview? I think I watched a couple of bits from the first part, got bored and never watched part two..Or maybe I did watch both..Ugh..I should probably re-watch them - I hate passing along wrong information. :grumpy:

Is that the Two-Part video interview? I think I watched a couple of bits from the first part, got bored and never watched part two..Or maybe I did watch both..Ugh..I should probably re-watch them - I hate passing along wrong information. :grumpy:

Yes, that's the one and you should definitely watch it IMO. I wasn't bored for a second and found it chock full of good information, it really did answer just about all of my questions.

I mean if I were Kunos leadership, I would be looking at consoles pretty straight-forward: the more money we make, the more nice toys I can buy for myself in real freakin' life.

Keeping it real and staying loyal to the folks that enabled the success of AC is a given - I wouldn't be looking to make some simcade like Forza or GT. But now that I am squarely in their space, my mind would be bent upon the many millions of people that pay full price for those two titles.

Then I would justify my greedy behavior by convincing myself that I'm doing The Lord's work by bringing a true sim to the masses. "I'm a Savior, basically," I would say.

Then I would justify my greedy behavior by convincing myself that I'm doing The Lord's work by bringing a true sim to the masses. "I'm a Savior, basically," I would say.

That worked out great for them the first time around. :lol:

Stefano said on the forums they developed controller support from the first time because they dont want to close any window.

This means, console version is still possible. But it may come the moment they decide "doesn't worth it". But, untill then, console version is still a thing.

rain falling in latest batch of screenshots (today) does not look that nice though. but the game is technically still in alpha at the moment i assume. so everything will be up to snuff once it releases.
looking how much AC changed visually from the very first tech demo with the lotus on maggione, today its almost a different animal.

Back