Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
ENJOY!!

Ohh-Happy-Day-Its-Launch-Day.jpg

So are we to expect a lot more tracks now that the Pirelli World Challenge is gone and now part of Blancpain? Same with some Asian tracks?

So are we to expect a lot more tracks now that the Pirelli World Challenge is gone and now part of Blancpain? Same with some Asian tracks?

Well, the game is for now only Blancpain GT Series. I think the race schedule for 2019 is set in stone already. Unless they dont open the game up to more series via special DLCs, this (your quote) will not affect the GT Series.

Has anyone with an Accuforce wheel figured out how to get FFB? It shows up in my Simxperience App but I still feel nothing in game

Has anyone with an Accuforce wheel figured out how to get FFB? It shows up in my Simxperience App but I still feel nothing in game
Did you check the FFB threads on the official forum? I just skimmed through one of the threads (I've been gone over a month so too many posts to read) and I know I've seen people talk about using the Accuforce. I think this was after the 2nd update was applied to the game. Good luck.

hope we get to see also a bit more polishing work with the new build and increased price

That's kinda how early access works, each build will be a bit more polished than the last one. This build will introduce basic multiplayer, endurance races, and pit stops, as well as general polishing of all the existing bits. They spelled it all out so everyone can know exactly what polishing to expect.

acc-3-jpg.268291

acc-4-jpg.268292

acc-5-jpg.268293

acc-6-jpg.268294

acc-7-jpg.268295

Nice to see that Kunos is still on schedule not unlike a certain Japanese Playstation franchise.

^Agreed. I look forward to ACC monthly updates as much as GTS. Considering PD's track record with DLC in GT5/6, their regularity in GTS is a HUGE improvement IMO. They've only missed 2 months so far.

Anyway, looking forward to this month's update. Paul Ricard is meh, but more content is always good (as well as more polishing to the overall game). I'm just miffed that the car I'm looking forward to the most (NSX) won't be here until Feb :irked:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-multiplayer-doors-start-to-open-today.53028/

Some information on the multiplayer aspect

This version adds the part of the multiplayer system that is very similar to the pickup server system you already know from AC1. However we have to limit the usable session types to Practice sessions only (that means no quickrace or race weekend).

You already know our roadmap for ACC is very tight, which doesn't offer much space for unforseen events. Sadly we experienced a series of those while creating the multiplayer infrastructure, so we ran late and therefore do not have the confidence and tests we would like to have at this point. To be absolutely honest, we even discussed about not releasing the MP in 0.3 at all. But we defined a set of features that is quite stable and playable - and in a huge team effort with endless dedication we could go for it. One of the very important elements in Early Access is that we can run tests and receive feedback very early in the process, so I'm quite happy that we could avoid holding back even a limited version.

According to a dev, the update should be released within an hour

20181114204210_1.jpg

Somone AFK right in front of one of the replay cameras :lol:

Changelog:
0.3 Changelog

- New BMW M6 GT3
- New Circuit Paul Ricard
- Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
- Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
- New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
- Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
- Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
- Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
- Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
- Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
- Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
- Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
- Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
- Fixed values on setup screen
- Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
- Improved start assist
- Improved TC logic
- TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
- Improved pitlane limiter function.
- Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
- Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
- Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
- Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
- Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
- Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
- Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
- Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
- Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
- Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
Pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
- Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
- Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
- New audio device selector in audio options
- Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
- Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
- Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
- Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
- Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
- Events poliphony optimization
- Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
- Minor audio fixes
- Performance optimizations in the game thread
- Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
- Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
- Fixed drivers without helmet in VR

i feel a bit odd about the game, there is something slightly off with it graphically i think but i can not put my finger on it.
for example i feel it lacks real used-track-surface, i did not have this feeling in build 1.
also replay-sound wise it felt more visceral and i liked the color palette more in build 1. In 2 it got altered and it looks a bit pale and washed out now.
for some reason cars seem to look a bit off too, they have less depth, the bmw looks as if it has shaders or so missing when seen in replays.
hard to say but i feel like they reworked the engine from build 1 and it's in a weird state.
otherwise physics, sounds in general, objects, textures, it's fine. game just feels 'sterile' looking now, which it did not in the first build at all.

Last edited:
Changelog v0.3.1

- Enabled Chat Widget in Multiplayer Mode
- Fixed laptimes not showing up in Special Event leaderboards
- Fixed label switch in singleplayer mode
- Fixed label name during Replay after a restart
- Fixed Starting camera if when it has saved custom offset
- Fixed Spotter saying "go go go" message twice after pitstop
- accServer improvements and diagnostics
- Added message for possible Multiplayer downtimes
- Temporarily disabled pitstop during Replay
- Temporary fix for BMW M6 GT3 fuel consumption. The setup fuel estimate remains broken, fix on next release
- Tyre scrub/vibration FFB fine tuning
- Fixed missing D-Pad navigation for "Brake ducts" and "Caster" options in Setup Page
- Fixed help text not changing when hovering options in MatchMaking Advanced options page
- Fixed MatchMaking Advanced options "Preferred drivers count" decrementing by 2 when confirmed
- Improved positional sound for exteriors
- Reworked distance attenuation, distance filter and reverb dynamic for exterior sounds (still WIP)
- Improved remote car movement for speeds below ~30 kmh

Back