Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
I can't check my game right now, but if you go into the game files, there should be a patch notes txt file. Does that have anything new in it?

I dunno if I´m being too picky, and it might be so, as it´s a small detail, but something on the endurance version of the Gen.1 Continental GT3 in the game felt wrong to me. After 15 minutes looking at the car in the showroom, I found it: the rear-view mirrors. In night races such as Paul Ricard or Spa, the cars from Team Parker Racing had some orange LED stripes on the rear-view mirrors that add some colour to the car and made them easier to distinguish, and they are not in the game. I think It would be a good detail to be add into the game. What do you think guys?

P.S: Here´s a photo of the real car.

46211150_191922855018065_848576316671262720_n.png

And this is just a very picky detail, but the orange LED on the grill is on the sides of it and not just on the bottom part. Crazy me with too much free time xD

Last edited:
Changelog v0.3.4
- Optimized netcode to prevent certain spikes, causing high pings for all clients
- Fixed Chat Widget timestamp overflow and timezone
- Lowered Chat position
- Fixed nameplate visibility
- Fixed possible memory leak for long replay recording
- Increased fov and slightly increased maximum distance of the mirrors
- Improved AI line at start straight to avoid incidents with cars exiting pitlane
- Paul Ricard asphalt grip fine tuning
- Fixed BMW M6 automatic clutch not holding idle at 2nd or higher gear
- Improved (more permissive) Paul Ricard track limits at T2, T5 and outside of T11

Ever since I first drove Paul Ricard in PS3's Ferrari Challenge I've always hated it. Such a cookie cutter track, and it's difficult to find reference braking/turning points in the last section with ever tightening radius corners. Ugh. ACC's excellent physics makes it a little more bearable to drive, but not by much.

The M6 is even more of a boat than the Bentley surprisingly. Also it seems to get power oversteer a lot easier too. Worst car of the 3 so far.

...it's difficult to find reference braking/turning points in the last section with ever tightening radius corners.

Interesting, as exactly this is to me a plus, it makes the track challenging. I came to like the track except the long straight. It's a bit too long, i tend to get bored. Other than that i like the fast corners and especially the left-right after start-finish-line with the elevation change. A bit of rollercoaster feel :)
I like the M6 more than the Bentley, visually but also i like that it drives more nervous. The Bentley felt like a too friendly whale :D

Interesting, as exactly this is to me a plus, it makes the track challenging. I came to like the track except the long straight. It's a bit too long, i tend to get bored. Other than that i like the fast corners and especially the left-right after start-finish-line with the elevation change. A bit of rollercoaster feel :)
I like the M6 more than the Bentley, visually but also i like that it drives more nervous. The Bentley felt like a too friendly whale :D

Well we're polar opposites then :lol: The only thing I liked is the long unbroken straight (with the chicanes it loses it's specialness to me) and Signes - a truly balls to the wall corner. The rest of the track feels like it's made by engineers simply to be the "perfect" test track, not a track that you'd enjoy driving on like Spa/Suzuka/Nurburgring.

It's visually an impressive track (great for photos with all the blue/red lines), but it's the perfect example of a "parking lot" track that's quickly becoming the norm of modern day racing.

@LeGeNd-1
Well i too do not like these modern super safe cookie cutter sort of tracks, most of all because their run off areas are so wide, you don't get a real sense of speed. But as far as layout goes i feel that some of them have definitely very interesting corners.
I know of course what you mean with the older tracks and of course i love them too and wish they would not disappear slowly. I just try to make the best out of what we get and find things to enjoy about the new tracks too.
I belive that if you'd put Paul Ricard Track in the middle of a city and would make it a city circuit, that it would come accross completely different. I mean keep the layout, but make really close barriers.

So happy i got into Star Citizen lately and can nerd about and in it too, so the waiting time for the builds in ACC does not feel so long anymore :D

Dear #ACCompetizione racers,

A new hotfix is ready to download! The latest update brings some important fixes and improvements.
Please restart your Steam client and enjoy !

v0.4.2 Changelog
- Fixed AI pit strategy when restarting the session
- Fixed transmission whine not audible in cockpit views
- Tweaked transmission whine for Lamborghini Huracàn GT3
- Improved reverberation for Nurburgring pit alarms
- Tweaked tire puncture sound
- Fixed some surfaces sounds not audible driving in reverse
- Added end race simulation for the car who are not able to cross the line during Post session time
- Fixed team strategy timing issues in next sessions
- Fixed final standing bug with lapped cars
- Fixed various softlock issues with rapidly going in and out of the options menus
- Fixed enter not working as default selector button in the for control assignment screen
- Fixed control assignment popup not being closeable with Esc
- Fixed softlock going in and out of the meteo, realism, assists screens
- Track selection is now persistent in all single player game modes
- Fixed camera when opening the replay twice in a row from the menu
- Fixed car state during replay
- Text keyboard input in VR ("Save" and "Rename" in Car Setup and Controller Setup, and "Server search by name" in the Multiplayer page)
- Fixed some possible multiplayer crashes
- Fixed a crash in VR when skipping Race 1 in a Race Weekend
- Fixed incorrect flashing light when opponent visibility is not set to ALL
- Fixed possible crash entering the game
- Fixed wrong start resolution/mode in some cases
- Fixed hotstint length not setting properly

Cheers !

After waffling back and forth on what Antialiasing to use, I'm finally going to settle on Temporal. Yes it makes things a tad blurry, and removes a lot of the sun glare effects but, my setup handles it better than FXAA. Plus all the grain is gone. Smoother Frame rates is just icing on the cake.
From what I understand, those who can run the game in 4K would rather use FXAA. But being stuck at 1080p, I have to make due.

So i play with Temporal AA and on Epic everything else (motion blur off) and 100% Sharpness and to be the game looks sharp af, no blurryness at all in 1440p.

Question: is a 5.1 or even a 7.1 headphone worth it playing race games?

I have a 5.1 headset which has much better audio quality than my previous one, but I doubt the 5.1 would give you an advantage over other people using 2.1 ones. If you have the spare money buy it but it isn't something which I consider important in sim racing.

I had the opportunity to test several headphones in a game mania store. The Corsair was the only surround headphone (7.1) but I didn't hear much difference between this and the other headphones.

The main difference is the much better sound stage and directional sound. I'm assuming the store only has music to demo while doesn't usually use that much directional sound unless it's very high quality. Honestly, for racing, I don't think you would need much directional sound. It's more useful in FPS games where knowing the exact direction is very important

It was a game. I don't know which game it was but I looked from the Old West. I'm not sure it was Red dead Redemption 2. I wasn't paying attention to the game but rather concentrating on the sound quality.

I think Zolder looks just great and you can see how their colors are not at all "cartoony".
When do we get the foto mode? :)

I think Zolder looks just great and you can see how their colors are not at all "cartoony".
When do we get the foto mode? :)

There is already a "photo mode" by pressing the central scroll mouse wheel during replays. I call it "photo mode" because it´s a beta system and I really don´t know how to use it xD

v0.5.0 Changelog

- New Emil Frey Jaguar G3 car.
- New laserscanned Circuit Zolder racetrack.
- New special events with online leaderboards.
- Fixed disappearing main menu UI in VR.
- Texture memory optimizations.
- Fixed a chase cam rotation bug.
- Fixed a TV camera bug.
- Car light improvements in TV camera views.
- New inertia calculation method and new more accurate inertia value (advice for setups, use softer fast damper to let the body move and settle, instead of having the car and wheels jumping)
- New motion ratio calculation for dampers resulting in more accurate values dedicated for each car.
- New ABS feature. ABS now never lets higher than 70% difference between left and right brake pressure. Improves behaviour on extreme torque vectoring, like braking and going through a water puddle with one side of the car, but can result in inner wheel locking if driver insists braking hard while turning into a turn. Might need more rear brake bias on certain cars.
- Improved ABS logic, resulting in better turn-in under braking, on certain cars (most notably modern cars such as the Huracán, F488, BMW M6).
- Improved TC off on gear-change functionality. TC is instantly switched off and on again when a gearchange occurs, in order to protect the engine and drivetrain from heavy vibrations, especially on situations where kerbs and the engine limiter are involved (part of real cars' TC logic too, occasionally they will even not allow the gearchange). Now the TC off timing is car-dedicated and optimised. Some cars might handle a gear change better than others.
- Improved tyre thermal model, especially wet tyres.
- Improved tyre grip when tyres are overheated, such as after a spin.
- More tyre wear when tyres are overheated, no free meal.
- Corrected bumpstop position and functionality of the Ferrari 488 GT3.
- New ECU maps for all cars. ECU maps now influence power, fuel consumption and throttle maps. Usually the lower number is the more powerful and has the most power consumption. After the initial 3-4 values, it switches to wet ECUmaps with similar power and fuel consumption but different throttle maps. Please check the official forum for all the released cars' ECU map characteristics.
- New launch control for all cars. Now with manual clutch, just engage 1st gear, put the clutch and accelerator to the floor and the engine will stabilize around 5000rpm. Release the clutch gradually while keeping the accelerator fully open to avoid stalling.
- Audio engine optimizations
- Fixed potential wrong volumes switching cameras
- Fixed time multiplier for the end race replay
- Fixed wrong trackmap cars position during replay
- Intro sequence updated

Back