l URS l F1 2010 Championship l Qantas Australian Grand Prix

• Thread starter grafpt
  • 520 comments

Do you guys think we should open a second division?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
San Francisco, CA
pixel_activist

urs_temp.jpg

schedule.jpg

l Archives will go here l

Last edited:
Shotgun ... yeah I had so much fun this morning I definitely want in on this... And by my commitment I think I can make all 19 races providing there around the same time as last one was.

Sounds good man!! I'm thinking we could to two every weekend. I think that will be what the main discussion will be in here.

as long as there on Sundays that's fine by me... :-)

Well we could run them on Saturday and Sunday, or back to back on Sunday's.

as long as there not during my day.. if it's around the same time 1pm +2GMT then yeah OK... But I work Saturdays and don't finish until 6pm my time... just not too early and I should be OK...

I just can't wait for the "glamor" races... should add to the hype..

Hey waynz, what country do you live in? And what car would you like to use?

Australia (Melbourne) and I'll stick with the Red Bull... I suppose I should make it more clear in the location other then 'behind you'.. lol...

Hey grafpt, I'm in for sure. I'll stick with the BMW Sauber please. Sunday 6pm GMT is perfect for me, or anytime sunday for that matter!
No assists for me.

Last edited:
Looks fine with me. Hope i can recreate the win :D I will take the McLaren again. No aids.

I think theres nothing against fuel-simulation ?!

Is this only realistically for USA participants? Because I'm in the UK, thus the time difference is probably un-workable?

Put me down as preliminary, pending schedule results. Ferrari. Sim settings

Is this only realistically for USA participants? Because I'm in the UK, thus the time difference is probably un-workable?
1pm US is early evening Europe time... around 8pmish... It's 4am in Australia... so it doesn't cater Americans...

Just watched grafpt's footage from yesterdays race. Looks like i just ran on at the first corner causing an accident but definately felt a shunt and caused a brake lock up or something (I ended up last so certainly didn't benefit me). Sorry anyway. I always edge on the side of caution and only make a pass when i'm sure i can do it cleanly. Anyway, hope we can get another race organised asap.

.....two races a weekend also sounds like a great idea! Are we going to be able to get this organised in time for next Sunday 10/10/2010?

This sounds like fun, I can definitely make Sundays. I would have liked to raced some of the people that I raced for 3 seasons in CE, but I'll take what I can get lol. Plus, the graphics in the first post are just simply awesome lol.

If it's possible I'd like the Ferrari since it looks great on this game, if it has already been taken then the Mercedes would suit me well too :)

I also live in England. I have to use Traction Control, since I don't have a wheel, so throttle control is really difficult for me with the controller. Also, having done lots of Championships before, I definitely recommend only 1 race per week. 2 or more races and people do lose interest, especially if we want longer, more interesting races.

Why exactly is this "official"? I don't recall anyone from the GTPlanet staff organizing it or approving it. You are welcome to organize your own events here, but it is a bit nervy to call it "official" since it certainly is not. Please remove the "official" since this is not sanctioned by GTPlanet. Thanks.

I'll be back for more in my Force India. Although the lack of TC with pad users is very annoying (please allow Medium TC for Pad users), I'll try my best to do well. Flagness would be Canadian, although I use the Scottish flag in game.

Why exactly is this "official"? I don't recall anyone from the GTPlanet staff organizing it or approving it. You are welcome to organize your own events here, but it is a bit nervy to call it "official" since it certainly is not. Please remove the "official" since this is not sanctioned by GTPlanet. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone from the site had given this the thumbs up.

Also, I just watched the video of the race from the previous meet. I think it would be a good idea to remove anything labelled GTP as that tag stands for clean and fair racing as per the WRS AUP. The video that was posted was neither of those things.

UH OH, Someone's in the Dog House :nervous:

man-in-the-dog-house.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we could run them on Saturday and Sunday, or back to back on Sunday's.

Can't we keep your races on Sun.'s? I wanted't to have my little fun races on Sat.'s Thankzzz

I'll be back for more in my Force India. Although the lack of TC with pad users is very annoying (please allow Medium TC for Pad users), I'll try my best to do well. Flagness would be Canadian, although I use the Scottish flag in game.

Hay Crash, you want ta trade????? I really like the Force India. I'm the Mercedes :(

I'll even throw in my every day driver, It came with the contract :lol:

Mercedes-Benz_BlitzenBenz_2.jpg

Last edited:
Ye I would be happy with keeping it on Sundays too.

And just to bring it up again: Is there something against the Fuel Simulation? You put it off, but I dont see a reason to. I dont mind, just wondering ...

BTW great work on the graphics and the effort you do mate. Thank you

Just to keep an overview:

Preferred day to play:

designsight - Saturday/Sunday
waynz - Sunday
DemonBlade - Sunday
Kakundoo - Sunday
Crashbroke - ?
Jerry786 - ?
LeftWright - Sunday
akmuq - ?
Timo - Sunday
DOUQA - ?

I hope thats OK, that was what I got out of the posts.

Last edited:
Fuel could make qualifying interesting so I don't see the point in not having it.

I'll be up for it for it again but think if people want assists then you should let them have them. I was looking forward to some clean racing but lost count of the amount of times I was rear ended in the braking zone, not to mention the dives up the inside from no mans land.

Im sure noone went out to deliberately drive like that and am hoping that it was mostly players used to ABS, locking up. I'd be happy to try again and hope that my doubts after the first race were unfounded.

And just to bring it up again: Is there something against the Fuel Simulation? You put it off, but I dont see a reason to. I dont mind, just wondering ....

Just as in the tire issue, and the TC issue I think that the races needs some attrition, to give racers who might not be the quickest but know how to keep it on the track, see a dividend in their ability to stay out of trouble, especially in a point championship, there has to be an ora of conservatism that shows an overall talent. Roger DeCoster is the only champion who ever won a championship without ever winning a single moto for an entire season, and he won 5 of them. Thats why they call him "The MAN".

picture.php

Lacky, Lefty, and "The MAN"

Last edited:
BTW Crashbroke24, did you manage to get a video uploaded? I've tried graf's but vimeo wont work on the PS and I am only halfway to owning a functional PC.

Hey guys, I'm awake now haha So I can update you with your questions....

Duke- I didn't even think of anyone portraying the "official" as GTP official ha I put official, because the last organization for this wasn't handled correctly so I closed that one to give everything a fresh start, and I saw a Mod did delete that which is what I was going to PM to one of you anyways. SO the Official was kind of temporary until that thread was gone, sorry for the mix up.

Capitan, I put GTP because everyone on that race is from GTP. It was not in the video at all, it was just a label. But It can be removed.

Peter- this was a fresh start, so it's another first-come-first-serve basis. But you made it thus far. Though do you know when you will actually be getting the game?

Kakundoo- I will be updating official rules soon, but Pad players are allowed to use medium TC.

Lefty- When you want to be involved deeply with a website, you have to make them notice you, and going in the dog house temporarily is sometimes where you'll be for a few minutes, because your ideas or actions aren't necessarily dangerous to the site, but can sometimes not be completely right.

I am going to update the OP now as well.

Update

Preferred day to play / Fuel Simulation / Teams:

designsight - Saturday/Sunday - N/A - ?
waynz - Sunday - ? - ?
DemonBlade - Sunday - Fuel on - N/A
Kakundoo - Sunday - ? - ?
Crashbroke - ? - ? - ?
Jerry786 - ? - ? - ?
LeftWright - Sunday - Fuel off - ?
akmuq - ? - Fuel on - ?
Timo - Sunday - Fuel on - yes
DOUQA - ? - ? - ?
Cpt. Roh - ? - ? - ?
Peter - ? - ? - ?

Please keep voting.

Last edited:
Captain, where are you located? for country flag.

I could do fuel, or not, I don't mind.

Jerry- what country are you from?

**GRID IS FULL** If anyone else is interested, you will be added to reserve list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back