la deriva mafiosa International GT5

Haha Chicken for dinner.. :lol:

Look Mr. Mod, this whole argument/discussion/debate isn't going anywhere. Just like 2 team threads were closed without warning and the over-exaggeration of off-topic chatter between "team" members. My chicken for dinner example was what might be considered as a joke or random statement to one mod and seen as off-topic "chatter" to another and gets a thread locked.

I'm still struggling to fully understand how I'm supposed to know what goes on in private messages when the keyword is 'private' and I never brought that up. And, as far as "lying about (you)" you make my point.. I don't think it's deemed as a lie when everyone sees it. A lot of people have these feelings, but they let it go. It's not like I know any of the mods personally, but as a mod you ALL should specify on what it considered off-topic because telling a team member about your current whereabouts, etc. shouldn't be off topic IMO.

Let's just give it up. I've never been up against a mod and haven't had any infractions and I aim to keep it that way. I appreciate your responses but this is like the kid going against the teacher.

Look Mr. Mod, this whole argument/discussion/debate isn't going anywhere. Just like 2 team threads were closed without warning and the over-exaggeration of off-topic chatter between "team" members.

Admin.

Oh, there were warnings. Plenty of them.

I'm still struggling to fully understand how I'm supposed to know what goes on in private messages when the keyword is 'private' and I never brought that up.

That's rather the point. You have absolutely no idea when we act or how we act most of the time. But you've decided that means we don't act. You think when we don't post public bollockings we're being lenient - never mind the Warnings and Infractions you can't see - though it's a mite curious that when we do we're being strict.

And, as far as "lying about (you)" you make my point.. I don't think it's deemed as a lie when everyone sees it.

Please cite one instance in the history of GTPlanet where we've banned someone for saying they were having chicken for dinner.

A lot of people have these feelings, but they let it go. It's not like I know any of the mods personally, but as a mod you ALL should specify on what it considered off-topic because telling a team member about your current whereabouts, etc. shouldn't be off topic IMO.

The topic of a GT5 Drifting Team & Meets forum is to talk about GT5 drifting, as a team, and GT5 drifting meets.

We're somewhat lenient in that we let more than that slide through - if it can be vaguely related or useful. Posting music videos, to say you're really drunk right now or posts that are just one-line wonders are not going to slide. We delete these time and again, we dish out warnings (public and private) and infractions time and again, we lock threads time and again and still we get complaints because people think they should be able to post anything they want in a thread on our forum - we actually had someone report a member of staff today saying exactly that...

But as I said, the site FAQ says that if you have any issue with site moderation to contact Jordan.

Let's just give it up. I've never been up against a mod

And this is part of the problem. The "we're alley rats" attitude, the combative "us vs. them" approach to the staff, portraying yourself as an underdog.

You're not "up against" anyone. We're all GTPlanet members - some of us have just been asked, because we understand the rules and the intent of the rules, to look after it by the guy that pays for the place. Sometimes we get it wrong - that's why the FAQ says to contact Jordan when you disagree with us...

Please cite one instance in the history of GTPlanet where we've banned someone for saying they were having chicken for dinner.

Haha you're still on this chicken for dinner thing. :lol: Like I said before it was an example. It's not to be taken literal.

We're somewhat lenient in that we let more than that slide through - if it can be vaguely related or useful.

I understand what you're saying because there are members that post things like "Oh, I'm so drunk" and so on and so forth. Totally off topic and unrelated, got it. But, some members communicate with each other for when they get off of work or just saying how their day was.

I mean maybe I'm overrating the team aspect of this sub-forum which is possible seeing as though I'm not a mod or admin if you prefer. But, I think some of the things are taken overboard and contacting Jordan won't help in my regard because none of the admins are directly relevant or related to this sub-forum. I never see an admin post in this sub-forum unless there is something wrong.

And this is part of the problem. The "we're alley rats" attitude, the combative "us vs. them" approach to the staff, portraying yourself as an underdog.

Aren't we though? The "us vs. them" approach is how it feels in this sub-forum and even in this discussion. We are the underdogs because you can't relate to our point of view and vice versa. But, seeing as though your opinions and justifications matter more than ours, we are the underdogs in a sense.

You should start to see the likeness and symbolism that I use because not everything I say is to be taken literal. It's more of a simplified example to relate to.

Haha you're still on this chicken for dinner thing. :lol: Like I said before it was an example. It's not to be taken literal.

Uhh... examples are just that. Literal instances of something as a demonstration.

It's never happened, so it's not an example. It's an hypothetical. I can think of one instance where it might happen - a member having just attracted his second last Infraction for useless posting decides to make the one liner "I'm having chicken for dinner" in a thread where it would be useless - but it's never happened.

I understand what you're saying because there are members that post things like "Oh, I'm so drunk" and so on and so forth. Totally off topic and unrelated, got it. But, some members communicate with each other for when they get off of work or just saying how their day was.

For which they can use MSN, not GTP.

I mean maybe I'm overrating the team aspect of this sub-forum which is possible seeing as though I'm not a mod or admin if you prefer. But, I think some of the things are taken overboard and contacting Jordan won't help in my regard because none of the admins are directly relevant or related to this sub-forum. I never see an admin post in this sub-forum unless there is something wrong.

There's only two really active admins. I'm one, Jordan is the other - and he's a Super Administrator because he's the site owner.

You won't see either of us in the GT5 drifting forum unless it's because someone's posted something we can feature on the blog or because the moderators who deal with that forum have passed on something up the chain of command. If it gets to the point where I have to deal with it, something's really gone wrong. If it gets to the point where Jordan has to deal with it, there's a wind turbine somewhere covered in excrement.

Nevertheless, that's our job. That's why Jordan specifically requests in the site FAQ that any questions about moderation decisions should be sent directly to him.

Aren't we though?

No.

The "us vs. them" approach is how it feels in this sub-forum and even in this discussion. We are the underdogs because you can't relate to our point of view and vice versa.

You're only "underdogs" or "alley rats" if you wish to portray yourselves as such.

Our "point of view" is maintaining the integrity, feel and look of our site for all members. If someone cannot relate to that, or if their point of view is that their subforum is theirs to do with as they wish, they don't belong here - and such people do tend to make themselves known and vote themselves off the site by one way or another.

People who limit themselves to one thread/forum don't get as much out of GTPlanet as they can. People who believe they can behave how they wish in one thread/forum will inevitably do so in other areas of the site - "I can talk about my penis in the drifting forum, so why can't I do it in the Le Mans 24 Hour thread?". If we allow such behaviour in one place then, for the balance and fairness you crave, we must do so in all places. Or we disallow it from everywhere.

Nismo34
Taking a GT5 Team name that already exists kinda is a bad idea.. Dont want bad rep coming your way for something the other team did and Vice Versa.. Also Im pretty sure Black/Yellow colours are already used.. Could be wrong though..

Exactly. If there is already a active team with that same name on GT5 then it kinda is considered stealing.

I find it rather ironic that there is an off topic discussion about off topic discussions and it has basically hijacked this poor gentleman's entire thread! However, I do think that this discussion between killer and Famine is one that is fairly important to be had. It may even deserve to be stickied at the top of the subforum, considering that quite a few people have similar opinions as killer and could benefit from seeing it.

It is also worth noting that, curiously enough, I had grilled chicken for dinner. Now please give this man his thread back! :P

Good luck with the team sir, especially with recruiting! Killer and I are currently trying to recruit at Drop5 and I think we both know from experience how rare a good teammate truly is. Don't recruit someone who seems very good at first. Be sure to let them hang around your team for a while and see if they can be loyal and not completely annoying for any period of time. That is just about the best advice I can give!

risewithefallen
I find it rather ironic that there is an off topic discussion about off topic discussions and it has basically hijacked this poor gentleman's entire thread! However, I do think that this discussion between killer and Famine is one that is fairly important to be had. It may even deserve to be stickied at the top of the subforum, considering that quite a few people have similar opinions as killer and could benefit from seeing it.

It is also worth noting that, curiously enough, I had grilled chicken for dinner. Now please give this man his thread back! :P

Good luck with the team sir, especially with recruiting! Killer and I are currently trying to recruit at Drop5 and I think we both know from experience how rare a good teammate truly is. Don't recruit someone who seems very good at first. Be sure to let them hang around your team for a while and see if they can be loyal and not completely annoying for any period of time. That is just about the best advice I can give!

Thankyou for the advice i will use it

Back