La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

The mid range can use more fuel than the high range turbo as it kicks in at lower revs and is “active” for longer,hence more fuel usage,this also applies to superchargers.
It depends on the engine as much as it does on whether one drives with AT or MT and makes use of shortshifting.
Even with AT you can find cars that are both faster and have a better economy with the low rpm turbo comparing to the other both, or the other way round.
But then there is propably also tyrewear to consider if fuel consumption is enabled, and different turbos can produce different tyrewear.

Since i wasn't in the mood to run a TT yesterday, i took for the first time the Supra at La Sarthe.
Settings was stock except the aero and some ballast.
Funny thing the original gear box add more pp than racing one but didn't try to find out why.
At FM5 can do 4 plus laps with best of mine at 4.11 low.
Lap record is at FM1 at last lap.
IMG_20240205_203327843_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240205_203934632_HDR.jpg

Has anyone experienced any differences in driving in heavy rain with intermediates since the last update?
I too have noticed the degraded performance of IM & W tyres in rain accumulation of high stage 2 and higher. I used to be able to use IMs up into stage 3 but now if it's half of stage 2 I'm having stability issues. All since they (PD) felt sorry for the AI being unstable in rain and increased their traction and slightly buggered ours!

So because I finally wanted to drive all those shiny Group C cars but currently don't have the time (or nerves) to fiddle around with settings for 700PP I gave each of 'em 3-4 laps in TT yesterday. So here are my impressions.

Sauber C9
The massive understeering of my my 700PP tune is indeed absent here. It's good to drive and has a nice but unspectacular sound. But it was the slowest for me and feels a bit boring overall. So far the one I liked least. (Doesn't mean that it's a bad car; they're all pretty good cars!)

Mazda 787B
I'm aware this is many ppls favorite but for me it's a little different. I can't really put the finger on what it is, I guess it's a mix of the cockpit view, the gear ratios and the sound. While the sound is indeed unique and quite spectacular I just can't imagine driving this car for more than a few laps.

Porsche 962C
This one was almost as "slow" as the Sauber for me but besides that I like the car a lot! It's the most relaxed one in terms of handling, it has a nice sound and maybe the best cockpit view of all the Group C cars!

Jaguar XJR-9
Clearly the quickest one! Good handling, great sound (V12, baby!). But what the hell is this on the windscreen? (Seriously, what is it? Is it for the wiper?) Anyway, great car!

Nissan R92CP
Now this one was a huge surprise! Quick, feels more agile than all the other ones, great sound, good cockpit view. And it's probably the most fun one to drive! So far it's my favorite!

Now pls keep in mind that this is just a first quick impression after just a few laps on a single track.
Since this was the first time I drove this cars on full power (except for the Porsche which I drove around Nordschleife once before) I'm not sure if I should post my lap times but f* it, I know you guys are faster than me anyway and it is how it is.

1000010941.png

(I admit that the Nissan lap wasn't clean in the Dunlop chicane. Next best lap was 3.33.2 AFAIR).

Nice info @Sir Crashalot .
787 and 92CP are the top guns in their class, although have different character

92CP is brutal and screams :
I got the power .
787 runs smoother and feels slower but the timer reveals the truth, its bloody fast.
I never use one of them ( all of them ) more than 800pp settings or stock.
But at 700-800 pp those two are killer whales.

I need to do a test but I think Carbon vs the other two options is not the braking/stopping performance but rather the heat it gives off and thus affecting tyre wear. But I need to do a test for that
Quick test with slotted, drilled and carbon brakes... No difference which is a pity which means that the different brake systems don't matter.
Test was a Silvia K around Lago Maggiore - Centre at 25x tyre wear

brakes.PNG

Quick test with slotted, drilled and carbon brakes... No difference which is a pity which means that the different brake systems don't matter.
There may still be other benefits we have not yet noticed, but as the PP cost is the same AFAIR I have my doubts on this.

So I bought this nice green Countach from LCD today. Gave it the usual non permanent racing treatment and hit the track.

What the hell is this car doing??:confused:

I lost it 4(!) times within the first lap.
I lost it at Indianapolis in second.
I lost it at the Porsche esses in third.
Rain was showing up so time to pit. Was 17 seconds behind Portilla after my pitstop.
Didn't lose the car at 4th and 5th. I swear it has more grip on the wet than it has on a dry track!
Tires dead after 5th so I pit again and change back to racing tires.
Lost the car at the Dunlop esses on 6th.
Lost the car at the Porsche esses on 7th.
What a fun race!😄

But srsly, that is one of the most twitchy cars I have driven so far. Only good thing is fuel economy, does ~3 laps on FM3.

1000010947.png

There may still be other benefits we have not yet noticed, but as the PP cost is the same AFAIR I have my doubts on this.
I still feel (my experience, my opinion) that carbon brakes are more effective especially how you use them in braking situations. Panic or hard stops they are same as drilled/ slotted, but if you start braking with lighter pressure and gradually increase the car stops shorter, and with better control.

Lately I find a lot of joy in driving classic cars. Just now I drove the 300SL. What a beauty!😍

1000010948.png

Maxed out engine with all racing upgrades and stage 1 WR.
Car is very good to drive, much better than some italian sportscars build 20 years later cough*Lambo*cough😄
Fuel economy is good (~3.5 laps on FM3), tire wear is a bit high. Acceleration isn't insane but top speed is quite good (285 on Mulsanne on FM3 IIRC). Brakes are really good also.
Love the stylish cockpit, the huge steering wheel and the tiny chrome wipers.
Race was dry except for a bit of rain at 4th & 5th but no need for rain tires. Did just one stop after 3rd lap.

1000010949.png

So I bought this nice green Countach from LCD today. Gave it the usual non permanent racing treatment and hit the track.
working on fix... uploaded total replay to server with your name attached...

Added Low Custom Wing and the only permanent mods are weight reductions and body rigidity.
I did not change my tyres in race (no rain) but had to pit at end of 4 to add fuel, 4 laps @ FM6.
here is my setup...Negative Camber and Toe Angle are the two settings that will affect tyre wear, high numbers will increase wear, especially on Toe Angle.
18d7fc5e87089-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_437054820695741_1707245393342.jpg
18d7fc601ca65-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_437054818033415_1707245382943.jpg

Last edited:

Rain was showing up so time to pit. Was 17 seconds behind Portilla after my pitstop.
Didn't lose the car at 4th and 5th. I swear it has more grip on the wet than it has on a dry track!
What a fun race!😄

But srsly, that is one of the most twitchy cars I have driven so far. Only good thing is fuel economy, does ~3 laps on FM3.

View attachment 1325916
A fully custom LSD is your friend.

Thx guys, will try @jrbabbitt 's tune when I drive the car again. But the default settings were intentionally, it's always interesting to see how a car behaves here. (I usually apply a wing on a car like this but I somehow forgot it this time😄) Most cars do very well on defaults, a few need some stiffening of the suspension but very few behave like this. This is pretty much the definition of a "car that tries to kill you in every corner" and it's somehow fun.

Thx guys, will try @jrbabbitt 's tune when I drive the car again. But the default settings were intentionally, it's always interesting to see how a car behaves here. (I usually apply a wing on a car like this but I somehow forgot it this time😄) Most cars do very well on defaults, a few need some stiffening of the suspension but very few behave like this. This is pretty much the definition of a "car that tries to kill you in every corner" and it's somehow fun.
If you think its a killer car just try a stock Aston DB3s!

working on fix... uploaded total replay to server with your name attached...

Added Low Custom Wing and the only permanent mods are weight reductions and body rigidity.
I did not change my tyres in race (no rain) but had to pit at end of 4 to add fuel, 4 laps @ FM6.
here is my setup...Negative Camber and Toe Angle are the two settings that will affect tyre wear, high numbers will increase wear, especially on Toe Angle.View attachment 1325948View attachment 1325949

You should try my suspension settings on my YouTube channel

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my last post here. I had a lot of fun and interesting conversations on the forum, especially here in this thread, and I met some nice people!
Unfortunately, for reasons, I won't continue to post here anymore but I will keep reading (I guess).
So thx everyone for a good time, have fun guys!

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my last post here. I had a lot of fun and interesting conversations on the forum, especially here in this thread, and I met some nice people!
Unfortunately, for reasons, I won't continue to post here anymore but I will keep reading (I guess).
Such a shame.it was fun doing tunes foryou.I wont say Auf Wiedersehen, but Tchuss!

What a fun race!😄

View attachment 1325916
Mr. P’s tune is great. On FM6, it hits 200mph. A little fuel saving gets you 3 laps on fuel. On FM1, it hits 212mph. Car handles fine, braking takes a little longer, no real issues.

Really sad to see you go, but if you must, please have a great time, be well, and be safe.

Bone dry race in the "Gr.4 Camaro"
Trying to develop a what if PD made a Gr.4 Camaro with basic settings like they usually have for other Gr.4 cars but for this race specifically the AI have a boost in Power depending on difficulty so I'm in the process figuring it out. I have the rotational G levels around the right levels, as well as the gearing to match acceleration and top speeds of the faster cars. Just a slight tweak on suspension and 1 click up on ECU should do the trick before I'll share tune

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240207103703.jpg

I used the Stratos yesterday and got good results. I used RM tires and FM3 to get 4 laps. Actually didn't have rain so I did 7 laps with one pitstop. I switched to RS to finish out. I did max it out and put a widebody. I only adjusted the raise height a little because it looked like the tires were scraping the tire wall.
18d841b015f38-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d841b427897-screenshotUrl.jpg

I plan on buying another one once they come back and hopefully it will be less miles

Last edited:
kjb
I used the Straps yesterday and got good results. I used RM tires and FM3 to get 4 laps. Actually didn't have rain so I did 7 laps with one pitstop. I switched to RS to finish out. I did max it out and put a widebody. I only adjusted the raise height a little because it looked like the tires were scraping the tire wall.
View attachment 1326258View attachment 1326259

I plan on buying another one once they come back and hopefully it will be less miles
Suspension settings please?

Latest Posts

Back