La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Suspension settings please?
18d84d037a968-screenshotUrl.jpg

Sorry about I didn't realize I posted the same pic twice. But here you go

Last edited:
Today i work a bit on testing laps trying to find the settings that can provide me the faster lap and the best possible " behaviour " at that track.

I choose to work on R92CP and i did over 20 laps chasing my ghost , changing this a bit ,that a bit and so on.
For sure , like other group C cars are also broken somehow.
For example with 79 kilos in -50 the car was 699.88 pp , adding ballast to 120 kilos exactly , same place ,razes the pp at 711😂
Anyway , testing laps are not like race laps ,cause there isn't changes in wind power and direction and also you must be very careful to track limits cause there isn't any penalties to apply .
Am not " happy " enough but am in a good way i think.
What am sure is working easier for me is that i use manual gear box with long gear ratios that can use only 4 gears from the 5 .
Help the car to accelerate smoother and eliminate the rear end slap that can occurs especially for me cause i use X button for throttle.

Hope to find soon the golden spot between performance and speed and ill inform you .

I did one race before start all this and realised that new penalties added since i received one for the first time 😂 and wasn't a cut or something that you can gain time .

What new penalties? 🥺
At virage d'Arnage , i was late on brakes and pas outside the kerb that lead at the sand .
Just pass the kerb and went back inside close to the wall in the green area and took one.
I never received a penalty there , i have done this many times.

I don't know how to describe it it but its like this .

Its like the game realise that you're going flat out and the slightest mistake leads immediately to a penalty and might be 0.500 or 1 second at the same spot depending the speed you have .

At virage of Mulsanne has one big kerb at the left when you start accelerate for the straight, i went outside many times but if am going fast doing best time at the lap, there's no chance to get away without 0,500 penalty if you did that .

Anyway , i never received a penalty at Arnage for going straight ( only in rain with dry tyres ).

Last edited:
Hello to all who lurk about, I had recently won a Nissan GT-LM Nismo on a 5star ticket, knowing this car is not a great one i still was very curious to see what it can do.
I also have a question about GranTurismo and this car, mainly are they embarrased to have it in the game at all? In 2015 Nissan fielded three of these in the running of the 24 hours of Le Mans, car numbers 21, 22, 23. No. 23 was the one that United Kingdom Jann Mardenborough had started the race with, No. 21 had another GT alumni Spain Lucas Ordóñez driving in the race also.
If you look close to the livery you get from the dealership you will notice the the drivers names are missing! this is the only real historical car in game that does not have drivers names on it. in pictures below I resorted to getting a correct livery for this car and the other two (I like history in auto racing)
18d9c4fa44538-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437177143265577_1707723215881.jpg18d9c4fc4ac78-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437177146108261_1707723226985.jpg

Now as for this car at our Le Mans race...
I had to literally neuter this car to get it to be allowed for the race, that meant dropping power to 70 on both ECU and restrictor, messing with the Aero package, and adding to the heavy nose more ballast! To top it off i had to seriously modify the gearing for some acceleration so it would be able to pass at such weak power. I ran this race at FM1 and was able to get 4 laps running on full tank. It handles well and is great in the Porsche Curves but on the long Mulsanne straight, she was struggling just to keep up.
Overall this is not the best track for this car, possibly do better at Sardegna WTC800.
Settings for WTC700 below.
18d9c4f6b1893-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437171526020744_1707701273518.jpg
18d9c4f82a57-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437171528925771_1707701284866.jpg
18d9c4f92f826-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437171532086878_1707701297214.jpg

Have fun.

Last edited:
At virage d'Arnage , i was late on brakes and pas outside the kerb that lead at the sand .
Just pass the kerb and went back inside close to the wall in the green area and took one.
I never received a penalty there , i have done this many times.

I don't know how to describe it it but its like this .

Its like the game realise that you're going flat out and the slightest mistake leads immediately to a penalty and might be 0.500 or 1 second at the same spot depending the speed you have .

At virage of Mulsanne has one big kerb at the left when you start accelerate for the straight, i went outside many times but if am going fast doing best time at the lap, there's no chance to get away without 0,500 penalty if you did that .

Anyway , i never received a penalty at Arnage for going straight ( only in rain with dry tyres ).
I have had a similar thing happen and I believe it it something with the penalty system in this race that has a multiplier that triggers when the conditions are rainy and you have dry tyres. I barely went outside the line at Mulsanne exit (slim triangle of gravel on left side) and picked up a 1.5 second penalty, normally in dry conditions i do not get this but it was raining and i was with RH tyres. It's same when you get those horridly high penalties for going astray in the Porsche Curves when it rains but when its dry you will get a lower penalty like .5 to 1.5 seconds

I really don't know @jrbabbitt how penalties apply, i never took penalty in Arnage for being straight in the dry , in the wet with dry tyres its very different since its about dangerous driving with car uncontrollable.

If you still have a replay, go to where the penalty banner first appeared then go back 10 seconds in the video and you should be able to see what triggered the penalty, there is a 9-12 second delay from penalty to the red alert you see on screen.

Am I crazy or what? has anyone noticed that the AI WILL brake check you if you are too close in the Porsche Curves, especially in the turns 2 & 4?
I can't tell cause am using faster cars and at easy level there's no AI Infront of me at that sector. If ill use something different, ill notice if that happens.

I can't tell cause am using faster cars and at easy level there's no AI Infront of me at that sector. If ill use something different, ill notice if that happens.
remember I race with fuel economy in mind therefore I am slower and I will try to post a video of this soon...

Last edited:
Today, something weird happened for me: I did Le Mans with a downtuned Gr.3 Honda NSX (overall a lovely car to drive, although it feels a bit heavy and sluggish being downtuned, it’s a lot more agile at 800 PP). Anyway, I was 1:00 ahead at P1 and approaching finish line slowly with 1:30 left on the clock. I went extremely slowly in 1-2 gear, trying to avoid having to go another lap. I’ve done this before several times, so I didn’t expect anything to worry about. Clock ticked down and I crossed the finish line right away, still on P1.
But then I got the race result and was shown as ending P2!! How is this even possible? Is it because I got a really bad lap time because of my slow drive? This has never happened before… 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Today, something weird happened for me: I did Le Mans with a downtuned Gr.3 Honda NSX (overall a lovely car to drive, although it feels a bit heavy and sluggish being downtuned, it’s a lot more agile at 800 PP). Anyway, I was 1:00 ahead at P1 and approaching finish line slowly with 1:30 left on the clock. I went extremely slowly in 1-2 gear, trying to avoid having to go another lap. I’ve done this before several times, so I didn’t expect anything to worry about. Clock ticked down and I crossed the finish line right away, still on P1.
But then I got the race result and was shown as ending P2!! How is this even possible? Is it because I got a really bad lap time because of my slow drive? This has never happened before… 🤷‍♂️
P2 got into the pits and crossed over the start/finish line before you before end of clock therefore winning, I had same happen and in official standings wound up as P5 once myself.
Word of advice is never let P2 get closer than 1minute 30 seconds or it is better to go one more lap

P2 got into the pits and crossed over the start/finish line before you before end of clock therefore winning, I had same happen and in official standings wound up as P5 once myself.
Word of advice is never let P2 get closer than 1minute 30 seconds or it is better to go one more lap
Agreed. It's happened to me a few times. Thirty minutes down the toilet.

@Everpure is like the guys mention above .
Someone from the AI just pass you at the pits and that's why you get 2nd place , it happens many times when the " calculations " isn't right .
Being , fast ,slow or in alt mode doesn't affect your position in anyway .

Another scenario ( not yours ) is to collect a penalty after the zone that penalties are executed and and you can't overcome the AI right behind you or again at his pitstop.
It happens to me couple of times.

Ok, I get that. But it doesn’t make sense, does it? When you’re pitting, how can you win the race? Regardless of AI or real player… I thought going to the pit means you’re “off race”? 🤷‍♂️
But yeah, that’s not going to happen again!!

Ok, I get that. But it doesn’t make sense, does it? When you’re pitting, how can you win the race? Regardless of AI or real player… I thought going to the pit means you’re “off race”? 🤷‍♂️
But yeah, that’s not going to happen again!!
the AI went past the finish line in the pitlane before you did, so once the AI came out out the pits it still had to do one more lap, it finished more laps than you so it beat you

the AI went past the finish line in the pitlane before you did, so once the AI came out out the pits it still had to do one more lap, it finished more laps than you so it beat you
I get that the AI passed the finish line before me. But there are still two things that don’t make sense: 1. How can that happen when the timer says P2 is 1:00 behind me literally seconds before I cross the finish line? How can the AI make up 1:00 in 2 seconds? That’s clearly a big in the game.
And 2. I must have misunderstood the rules of pitting. I always thought you’re off race when you’re in the pit. Hence, you cannot win a race going through the pit lane. Regardless of whether you go another lap or not.
But it’s ok - I’ve learned my lesson. 🤓

I get that the AI passed the finish line before me. But there are still two things that don’t make sense: 1. How can that happen when the timer says P2 is 1:00 behind me literally seconds before I cross the finish line? How can the AI make up 1:00 in 2 seconds? That’s clearly a big in the game.
And 2. I must have misunderstood the rules of pitting. I always thought you’re off race when you’re in the pit. Hence, you cannot win a race going through the pit lane. Regardless of whether you go another lap or not.
But it’s ok - I’ve learned my lesson. 🤓
When you wait at finish line or going very very slow the time that shows the AI behind you isn't real as isn't real at the board at the end that shows that is far back but the truth is that was just few seconds sometimes.

That's why you must look at the track map dor the blue arrows that is where the AI are really are.

Many many times at a short period with rain or light rain i check where they are to understand if i can skip the 7th lap or go for it .

A faultless guide is the follow:
I see the remaining time and check where the second AI is , if is at the end of Mulsanne straight and 2 minutes up to 2.15 remaining, there's no way to catch me ( easy level always ) .

At la sarthe there's no way to miss where the second AI is , at Spa you can't cause they are spread all over the place.

Am I crazy or what? has anyone noticed that the AI WILL brake check you if you are too close in the Porsche Curves, especially in the turns 2 & 4?
Yes it happened to me several times,usually around P7/p6. I had the worst night of racing in months,2 races 9th and 12th. I totally cocked up my pit strategy and just ran out of time.Both were extremely wet races ,the RI just didn’t do the job at all.

It really isn't a brake check in a literal sense where they are trying to frustrate you. It's just bad "AI" that you have to predict at certain points along the course they will over brake or brake unnecessarily. I can confidently rely on certain places they'll brake where you don't want to be directly behind them.

@AlexWilmot named a few places and I see it every time at those places, too.

@Everpure this is the exact spot that am looking the time left for skipping 7th lap
IMG_20240214_221337897.jpg

And since strange things happens , a sudden rain at 6th lap lead me to the slowest 6th lap ever almost 10 minutes !!!!

IMG_20240214_221539255_HDR.jpg

As you see the timer with where they really are is totally wrong .
As is at the final board
IMG_20240214_221629717_HDR.jpg

I find the "AI" will brake in the dumbest of places, including the pit off-ramp (to a full stop at times), in addition to trying to drive straight through you.

It feels less like AI and more scripted.

They also tend slow down and wiggle if you try and push them faster by contact from behind.

they always do that, it's not a brake check it's just dumb AI. Tehy do this in so many other turns and tracks.

All credit for this post goes to @smoothbore12

@smoothbore12 posted a setting early on this thread (near bottom of page 1) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/la-sarthe-weather-report-and-other-stuff.422445/post-14088215
and it really intrigued me that this car had near magical abilities to ward off tyre wear, you could literally run IMs the whole entire 7 lap race and not burn them up. So off and on I was making little adjustments to the suspension settings to see what specific setting has the greatest impact on the tyre wear.
This the most foolproof grinder, unless you drive like a total spotteddck.jpg

You should not have to make any pitstop at all. You can do FM5 easily to get 7 laps and if you drive a wee bit conservatively you can do same at FM4.
I had taken @smoothbore12 setting and made adjustments for tyre wear and also to get a little more Hp for the drive, here are my settings and I have posted only the first page because there is nothing additional changed on 2nd page at all.
18dbc1d10b842-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437309805739640_1708241428670.jpg

All credit for this post goes to @smoothbore12

@smoothbore12 posted a setting early on this thread (near bottom of page 1) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/la-sarthe-weather-report-and-other-stuff.422445/post-14088215
and it really intrigued me that this car had near magical abilities to ward off tyre wear, you could literally run IMs the whole entire 7 lap race and not burn them up. So off and on I was making little adjustments to the suspension settings to see what specific setting has the greatest impact on the tyre wear.
This the most foolproof grinder, unless you drive like a total View attachment 1329135

You should not have to make any pitstop at all. You can do FM5 easily to get 7 laps and if you drive a wee bit conservatively you can do same at FM4.
I had taken @smoothbore12 setting and made adjustments for tyre wear and also to get a little more Hp for the drive, here are my settings and I have posted only the first page because there is nothing additional changed on 2nd page at all.
View attachment 1329134
I have also and the Mazda LM 55 gr1 set it this way , is faster and have less fuel consumption but need to find out where my post is .

I have also and the Mazda LM 55 gr1 set it this way , is faster and have less fuel consumption but need to find out where my post is .
I have found that the three settings in suspension that affect the tyre wear are:
Negative Camber Angle (low numbers are better)
Toe Angle (low numbers are better)
Anti-roll Bar (too high will cause wear)

I have found that the three settings in suspension that affect the tyre wear are:
Negative Camber Angle (low numbers are better)
Toe Angle (low numbers are better)
Anti-roll Bar (too high will cause wear)
I took a pick from my LM so you have work yo do 😂
Let us know how you end with this please.
IMG_20240218_165513264_HDR.jpg

Back