La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

@smoothbore12
Here is my adjustments to your setting for the Mazda..
It has 4 more Hp, the front rear balance is 49/51, and the tyre wear is less, but that is subjective as I do drive much differently with bias towards fuel economy and do not do speedlaps and it does affect tyre wear
Hope it works for you...
18dbd09230234-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_437317923785498_1708273139787.jpg

Tested at FM4 and was able to get 7 laps+ from it.

Last edited:
Thanks @jrbabbitt , ill do first the Peugeot later .
You got few hp more and i guess that's due to manual over racing gearbox.
Usually racing one is faster on acceleration as the board indicates and has less hp cause of that.
But the amount of difference is very low to affect fuel consumption anyway .

Ill try to be more conservative without pushing to see how it goes.

Well these are my results with 908 Fap .

First run and i keep my settings and change Only suspension according to @jrbabbitt settings.

IMG_20240218_204011484.jpg

IMG_20240218_204015302.jpg

Was an almost dry race with two periods of very light rain till stage one that didn't have even spray behind the car.

The second was s copy as @jrbabbitt has, manual box ,more ballast in front placed and more hp.
IMG_20240218_211640019.jpg

IMG_20240218_211636741.jpg

Dry race but was falling asleep and just barely could keep my eyes open🤐
Didn't push for lap times etc. so i can't tell the faster what it is but definitely @jrbabbitt version have higher top speed and the AI didn't pass you on straights as happens with mine.

Last edited:
Here are settings and pics from the Mazda LM55
(will post YT here when it processes)
Also uploaded same replay to the GT7 server.
18dbfb4352a33-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_437329454991164_1708318183559.jpg
20240218_235224.jpg
20240218_235249.jpg

I did have significant rain though....

Last edited:
That LM55 sure is slow when it's detuned.
Yes it's slow but not slow that you cannot win without any pit stops if you have it set like in posts above, it literally is a grab n go grinder car that you can jump in and go without having to worry about weather or fuel, it will do 7 laps on IMs and a full tank at FM6.
It's specifically set up this way....

So we both agree that LM55gr1 is the safest and coolest car for La Sarthe this period @jrbabbitt ?

@OldandSlow isn't as slow as you think , at FM6 in my average hands can lap close and under 4.15 which means can win hard level hands down.
Also there's always the alternative to go FM1 and change tyres when you wish and kill the competition.

So we both agree that LM55gr1 is the safest and coolest car for La Sarthe this period @jrbabbitt ?

@OldandSlow isn't as slow as you think , at FM6 in my average hands can lap close and under 4.15 which means can win hard level hands down.
Also there's always the alternative to go FM1 and change tyres when you wish and kill the competition.
Totally agree with you on this, in heavy rains on IMs it is very stable, not a problem.
I am glad to have helped with this because I am now using it exclusively for I need bank for when the 917k reappears in the lux lot

I no longer worrying about winning the race. It's a gimme'. I just like to go as fast as I can in a given car. If I can get 2 laps on fuel, I'm happy.
Am on the same boat with you with the difference that i hate 2 lap cars 🤣 .

LM55 was one project to help new comers to run easy and 100% safe this race and @jrbabbitt took it to another level.

Yesterday i share my latest vid with it available in my page as smoothbore12.
I use less ballast and manual gear box that reduce tyre wear even more .

I have found that the three settings in suspension that affect the tyre wear are:
Negative Camber Angle (low numbers are better)
Toe Angle (low numbers are better)
Anti-roll Bar (too high will cause wear)
The Natural Frequency also has a big effect on tyre wear.

Tried this race for the 1st time this year. Used a McLaren 650S GR4. No rain again. And almost no problems to win, too.

And also, no top speed. This thing is very slow on the straights.

I have taken this even one more step, I did a no pit at SPA with this car!

Post in thread 'What did you do in GT7 today?' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-in-gt7-today.405061/post-14200551
I admit that you put me in temptation after your great achievement.
So i took it at SPA with my latest settings and FM6 and EXACTLY the same tune as is at 700pp.
Didn't know what to except ( Fraga was flying) and just try to keep a normal pace without pushing it.

Watching the weather radar but the rain was nowhere in the middle of the race .
To cut a long story short the rain never came!!!!!!! But i managed to win without stop 24 seconds over Fraga.
Perhaps with rain will be more easy cauting the AI outside etc.etc.
The fuels was exactly for 24 laps 😱
Although i cut a bit at the last two laps first due to tyres and second didn't want surprise to run out of fuel.

I really didn't expect this when i start at though that if something goes wrong ill pit put tyres and fuel and shoot it at FM1 .

IMG_20240221_201813577_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240221_202326382_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240221_202053663_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240221_201931599_HDR.jpg

Am gonna try another one hopping that rain will visit me this time.

QUESTION: Is "taking the scenic route" at the Mulsanne Corner to bypass the traffic too much cheating?

There are NO penalties for driving this line and there are no real discernible time/speed advantage except passing the slower traffic...

Human stewards would probably give you a penalty. I've found that the AI usually gives you the outside while staying within normal track limits, and that I can usually get at least as much advantage by doing that.

Finally rain comes and since i had fuel and tyres i put the foot ( finger in my case ) deeper to throttle the last laps.
I realise that wasn't so good idea but since every one behind me a lap i slow down and skip last lap.
IMG_20240221_221418979_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240221_221522745_HDR.jpg

At 700pp ,non stop and less than 235khm top speed ,that car is a hell of a bargain.

@jrbabbitt I commend you making the LM55 work at 700pp. I usually like to see how fast cars can still go at 700 pp. I had tried the Super Silhouette and it was too slow at FM5 and I haven't went back and worked on it. You have inspired me to go back and try to figure it out. I may need to run at FM1and just do 2 laps 🤣

Hello to all who lurk about, I had recently won a Nissan GT-LM Nismo on a 5star ticket, knowing this car is not a great one i still was very curious to see what it can do.
I also have a question about GranTurismo and this car, mainly are they embarrased to have it in the game at all? In 2015 Nissan fielded three of these in the running of the 24 hours of Le Mans, car numbers 21, 22, 23. No. 23 was the one that United Kingdom Jann Mardenborough had started the race with, No. 21 had another GT alumni Spain Lucas Ordóñez driving in the race also.
If you look close to the livery you get from the dealership you will notice the the drivers names are missing! this is the only real historical car in game that does not have drivers names on it. in pictures below I resorted to getting a correct livery for this car and the other two (I like history in auto racing)
View attachment 1327513View attachment 1327515
Oh Wow! Even though I am someone who prefers an artistic original livery over all the historically accurate ones, I do love learning of all the history. I love Easter Eggs and I'm always open to hearing or reading about any conspiracy theories.

Since I didn't see any replies to this it may have gone over some heads.
What he is implying is that Polyphony Digital not putting the names on this car is because maybe it helps someone to connect the dots that it's the vehicle that Jann Mardenborough was driving when he suffered a freak accident that killed a fan. Which I guess one could argue that if it wasn't for GT Academy, maybe Jann Mardenborough never is driving that car that day. So this would be reason for them to be embarrassed about the car being in the game. If they are not embarrassed, then what is the explanation for it being the only real historical car without the names on it?

I'm glad they were not able to keep it out of the movie, even though the timeline of that crash and the whole historical timeline of the movie is all out of whack.

I personally don't fault PD or Jann for that death. Sometimes freak accidents just happen. But very interesting Easter Egg you discovered that I have not heard about anywhere else.

I understand that it is 700pp because it was tuned for Le Mans. Do you think it could still pull off the no pit Spa with increased power? Or do you believe any increase in power will have you run out of fuel?
The increase in power not only would cost in fuel but it would also increase in tyre wear, therefore a no pit race could not happen, but if you want to try my settings for this car are a few posts above...

Tried a McLaren MP4-12 yesterday for the 2nd Le Mans race of the year.

Pros: It actually has some top speed.

Cons: Fuel tank is only good for 2 laps on FM6.

Still no rain.

Oh Wow! Even though I am someone who prefers an artistic original livery over all the historically accurate ones, I do love learning of all the history. I love Easter Eggs and I'm always open to hearing or reading about any conspiracy theories.

Since I didn't see any replies to this it may have gone over some heads.
What he is implying is that Polyphony Digital not putting the names on this car is because maybe it helps someone to connect the dots that it's the vehicle that Jann Mardenborough was driving when he suffered a freak accident that killed a fan. Which I guess one could argue that if it wasn't for GT Academy, maybe Jann Mardenborough never is driving that car that day. So this would be reason for them to be embarrassed about the car being in the game. If they are not embarrassed, then what is the explanation for it being the only real historical car without the names on it?

I'm glad they were not able to keep it out of the movie, even though the timeline of that crash and the whole historical timeline of the movie is all out of whack.

I personally don't fault PD or Jann for that death. Sometimes freak accidents just happen. But very interesting Easter Egg you discovered that I have not heard about anywhere else.

It was NOT the vehicle that Jann was driving when he had his accident, what he was driving was a Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, the car I was talking about was the one he drove in Le Mans which was Nissan GT-LM Nismo. As i had mentioned it was the one year only that Nissan Had these three cars in Le Mans but on further review i find that Team Nissan had run these cars in the FIA WEC season that year only and with their poor performance they withdrew them after the season.
I had made the comment that the drivers names were omitted on the livery probably because they did not even finish Le Mans that year, two of the cars retired due to mechanical failures and the third was NC (not classisfied) because it did not complete enough laps during the race.

From the article : https://www.driving.co.uk/news/interview/jann-mardenborough-nurburgring-crash-gran-turismo-movie/
Mardenborough, 31, was racing a Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 on the Nordschleife section of the 12.9-mile circuit in 2015 when his car became airborne at the notorious Flugplatz, which translates as “airfield” or, more literally, “flying place”, due to the undulation of the track that can result in cars leaving the asphalt. When Mardenborough’s car did so it flipped in the air then crashed through the fencing and into the spectators, one of whom was killed. Several others needed to be hospitalised as a result of their injuries.

The increase in power not only would cost in fuel but it would also increase in tyre wear, therefore a no pit race could not happen, but if you want to try my settings for this car are a few posts above...
Already have the sheet created identical to how you posted it and was just waiting for your reply to see if I was going to leave it as is. Thx!
It was NOT the vehicle that Jann was driving when he had his accident, what he was driving was a Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, the car I was talking about was the one he drove in Le Mans which was Nissan GT-LM Nismo. As i had mentioned it was the one year only that Nissan Had these three cars in Le Mans but on further review i find that Team Nissan had run these cars in the FIA WEC season that year only and with their poor performance they withdrew them after the season.
I had made the comment that the drivers names were omitted on the livery probably because they did not even finish Le Mans that year, two of the cars retired due to mechanical failures and the third was NC (not classisfied) because it did not complete enough laps during the race.

From the article : https://www.driving.co.uk/news/interview/jann-mardenborough-nurburgring-crash-gran-turismo-movie/
Mardenborough, 31, was racing a Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 on the Nordschleife section of the 12.9-mile circuit in 2015 when his car became airborne at the notorious Flugplatz, which translates as “airfield” or, more literally, “flying place”, due to the undulation of the track that can result in cars leaving the asphalt. When Mardenborough’s car did so it flipped in the air then crashed through the fencing and into the spectators, one of whom was killed. Several others needed to be hospitalised as a result of their injuries.
Thx for the clarification and the plot thickens on why they would not include the names. I love that you found an easter egg that is not about what you see but more importantly what is not there. And I think it's pretty obvious why the car itself is not included. Technically it is talked about in the description of the GT-R Nismo GT3 '18. I'm guessing that incident also contributed to the incorporation of the dry sump oil system which helped with some engine bay placement changes to improve the overall center of gravity and optimization of front and rear weight distribution.

I also went and read more about Flugplatz. Kind of a crazy coincidence that the name of this part of the track comes from a small airfield, which in the early years was located close to the track in this area. But there have been at least 3 famous crashes there where the vehicle went airborne.

It's also crazy that Flugplatz, having 6 officially reported deaths, is not considered the most fearsome corner of the Nordschleife which has been officially reported to have taken 80 lives but is speculated to have taken more than 200 lives.

This all is fascinating to me, especially since my love for cars and their history as well as my knowledge of the existence of the Green Hell is less days old than the PSVR2.

Last edited:
Back