La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

The ridiculous Honda 2&4 challenge update, it's the only car that can go "low", so it's become rather boring.
Dry race; one stop fuel only, RS...180 hp.
Wet race; one stop, end of second lap at first chance of rain, need to get lucky that it rains hard during third lap so the field gets caught out. Final 5 laps on inters.... 154 hp! Beat the Lambo by 22 seconds so could probably go under 150 hp. Not a big fan of this car, nothing to tune and has no drama, nothing you need to pay attention to, like a slot car...boring. On to real cars next.

kjb
Dude you are maybe 25 -50 % alien to me 🤣 🤣 as I am a below average driver so you look really fast to me almost suprehuman
Naaaaahhhh that's a lie .
I just did that race hundreds times with different cars and that's all.
If players from the TT's was dealing with that race for example, then you will know what Alien means .

I might be a bit better in the particular race but i suck in the rest ( Sartegna -Tokyo for example ) of them.

The ridiculous Honda 2&4 challenge update, it's the only car that can go "low", so it's become rather boring.
Dry race; one stop fuel only, RS...180 hp.
Wet race; one stop, end of second lap at first chance of rain, need to get lucky that it rains hard during third lap so the field gets caught out. Final 5 laps on inters.... 154 hp! Beat the Lambo by 22 seconds so could probably go under 150 hp. Not a big fan of this car, nothing to tune and has no drama, nothing you need to pay attention to, like a slot car...boring. On to real cars next.
So you got the record mate , congratulations,am not gonna steal that from you and amazing with only 154hp even with rain, bravo mate.
At least we " solve " another mystery about that race 😂 .

We have found the cheapest and now the lower hp.

Last edited:
I get that but like I said you are an alien to me even if it's one track 🤣 🤣 🤣 . The last time I did a TT I had to struggle just to get to bronze 🤣. Even then it was just barely making it 🤣

@smoothbore12 I have to agree with @kjb about the alien thing, I have troubles with HARD difficulty with normal cars and basic racing so for me to do well on a specific challenge I tried so much and just cannot do well this time...

@smoothbore12 I have to agree with @kjb about the alien thing, I have troubles with HARD difficulty with normal cars and basic racing so for me to do well on a specific challenge I tried so much and just cannot do well this time...
Perhaps its the type of driving we choose or like .
Definitely am not a fast driver, let's say am average one but i use to push my self on the limit when i like one car and have the right ( for me ) settings.
Thats why am getting penalties every time 😂 .

When i started the Griding " thing " there , i was using a Nissan tuned to do 7 laps on intermediate tyres .
From 4.28 i went to 4.25 and was like heaven for me back then.
After 1.30 something update when tyres changed i start use multiple cars but mostly from group C .
When "Billionaire" brought some new challenges i was following and anyway i can run a car " decent " in that track .
Not fast but decent, that's all ,also am persistent when its about to achieve something that i know i " have " it .

The lowest HP challenge turned into a boring one horse race, so version 2.0
WTC 700 EASY mode... looking for the under 250 HP club....
First member of the club, courtesy of jrbabbitt, the 1952 300 SL

Last edited:
The lowest HP challenge turned into a boring one horse race, so version 2.0
WTC 700 EASY mode... looking for the under 250 HP club....
First member of the club, courtesy of jrbabbitt, the 1952 300 SL
Ok this I can do... with other cars...

Last edited:
I use a car that i don't like at all , but....

Its a non stopper and had the luxury of dry race
IMG_20240416_210032705.jpg

IMG_20240416_210112293.jpg

Also can win with one stop and two at easy level.

Then i figure out lets put RS tyres and lower even more to see how it goes but not lucky on weather and stay out while don't needed and " eat " and 14.5 seconds penalty 😂

Tyres might last as RM's due to lower hp and since is a non stopper i guess is doable at dry race also.
IMG_20240416_213629900_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240416_213657647_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240416_213738749_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240416_213757319.jpg

The rest i leave it to @jrbabbitt which am sure with a more decent set up could do it better perhaps a bit lower than my 191 hp.

Irrelevant,its my impression or the penalties are more hard after last update?
1 or 1.5 where usually was 0.500.

Last edited:
I've noticed this as well, they seem more frequent too, or could just be my driving. The huge random "wet" penalties are apparently still a thing... I got punted by the rat fink Cayman, my reward, a 42 second penalty!
So am right , penalties are more now and with more time .

Just did another run at 185hp this time.
Rain fall went for intermediate and since was drying fast i went back for RS to see how low can i go.
IMG_20240416_230024633.jpg

Wasn't hard as i thought.
IMG_20240416_230555143_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240416_225933278_HDR.jpg

Couple more, one an old favorite, one a virgin. The old favorite Alpine A220 '68, no stop FM6 on inters @224 HP.
The virgin Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54, never driven it before, tried it box stock no tune. Got lucky with a six lap monsoon race, RH first 2 laps inters for 4, it can do 5 laps FM1 @166 HP.

Couple more, one an old favorite, one a virgin. The old favorite Alpine A220 '68, no stop FM6 on inters @224 HP.
The virgin Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder '54, never driven it before, tried it box stock no tune. Got lucky with a six lap monsoon race, RH first 2 laps inters for 4, it can do 5 laps FM1 @166 HP.
Very low hp mate ,very low .
Of course rain helped but its very low , don't know what could be under than that.

Very low hp mate ,very low .
The Maserati was a pleasant surprise. I was sorting the garage by weight and it was next in line, bought RH and IM and hit enter. I was only going to do a lap or two to check fuel economy and gearing, it really needs a 5th gear by the way, but it had decent pace so kept going. With better gearing it should win a dry race as well, can no stop too.

I tried out the engine swapped Crown at the 700 pp race. It was kinda of crazy because I used FM6 was able to get 8 laps even though I only ran 7 laps. It is pretty quick as well. The only issue I ran into was the tire life. I was able to get 3 laps on RH . I might need to really mess around with the settings to see if I can at least get maybe one lap out of the tires. The only changes I made were to stiffen the rear anti roll bar and reduce the front negative camber.

Got another contender: The Porsche Spyder Type 550/1500 RS 1955

First try was with 200hp (low range turbo and most available tune ups, 633PP with RMs) only got me in at 5th place in a completley dry race...car does 4 laps on FM1 and I did a one stop strategy pitting after lap for and switching to RSs for the final 3 laps

For the second race I used the mid range turbo with the racing intercooler(219hp, 635PP/RMs) and I did finish 1st.
Totally different conditions though...started to rain at the beginning of lap3 and it was pouring down by the end of that lap with rain meter in the top third...switched to full wets...road was completely wet in lap 4 and first half of lap 5 but dryed up really quick afterwards, lap 6 already had a dry racing line...I was in leading position with Haywood in the Lambo second, 23 seconds behind and I had the choice of either pitting and switching to RSs or staying out for a final lap with wets on a mostly dry track.
I stayed out(trying to drive as much on the wet outer edges of the road and hitting every puddle I could to preserve the tyres as good as possible), which was the right decision, because Haywood didn't pit either and I won 19sec ahead, the left rear tyre almost completly gone by the end of the race and the right rear tyre only looking slightly better(...if I had pitted, I would have lost)

The car is intersting to drive and likes to slide a lot...changing your racing line, once you have selected one will kill you instantly with this car and the brakes are a mess...but that little Porsche is really quick on the straights and hits 300km/h easily and several times on the track...Beyond 300km/h on Mulsanne in the pouring rain in wets:No Problem!
With this tune I think a victory in a completely dry race should be possible

Race was on medium difficulty...

porsche spyder sarthe.jpg

The result:
IMG_1151.jpg

the tune
IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

And now I just found out, this this all wrong...

It's not HP in my settings but KWs...so you can forget this as an entry for the low HP challenge...(219KWs being almost 300HPs)

It is just a normal Sarthe WTC 700 weather report ...

Or make it an entry for the one of the oldest unswapped car that can win the race-challenge instead...:lol:

Last edited:
And then this happened. My original Le man grinder, the Honda RA272, has officially broken the game. This should not be possible, no stop FM1 on inters, that's reasonable.... but not at 112 HP! IMG_20240417_121341572_MP.jpg

And then this happened. My original Le man grinder, the Honda RA272, has officially broken the game. This should not be possible, no stop FM1 on inters, that's reasonable.... but not at 112 HP! View attachment 1347497
Yes, I used the same car this morning but not at that power, I just turned the limiter down to 70% and ran at that, I think 156 hp?

Racing soft, ran 7 laps on hard and won. Slight rain on lap 3 I believe but not enough for pitting.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240417062449.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240417062506.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240417062557.jpg

Last edited:
Back