La sarthe event B- Spec Solved (to all who can´t win this race)

• Thread starter GONPRIN
  • 475 comments
Portugal
CAMARATE
GOUKI
Well, to all who cannot win this race, actually it s pretty simple, go race with the Chaparral 2 J Race Car and start with sports soft tires and keep pushing during the first three laps and you guys should stay close the leader, then when start s raining and indicates 30% of water in track keep pushing about 60% or 70% of the bar of your Bob. In lap 5 keep pushing about 50% of your Bob s bar, pit entering in lap 7. Change your Bob and stay with sports soft tyres, you should exit pit in third or fourth place, kduring 2 laps in the 50% Bob s bar. In lap 9 you can push a little harder, but just a little, all your opponents pit in lap 8 or 9, in the end you win beetwen 15 or 20 second ahead.

P.S. I already won all the races i ve done now i m going for the 5 in a row.

You don't need to pit at all. Stage 3 turbo, top speed set to 230mph and sport softs.
Also in the two or three other threads regarding the b-spec races, this solution has been mentioned as well.

Im on Lap 3 now and Im 20 seconds behind the leaders with Lvl 38 BOB and he has made no mistakes

You made some mistakes if you're that far from the leader!

Took the lead after everyone pitted end of Lap 3.Im now 30 seconds ahead

Pitted on Lap 7 and now 25secs clear on final lap. easy run in from here

Last edited:
My best bob is at lvl 25, should I even bother with this event?

Give it a try.

A member here posted yesterday that he did La Sarthe with a Lvl 12 Bob.

Is it true? I don't know! But at least, it's what he wrote!

My guess is that you'll have a lot more babysitting to do!

I tried the 2J last night and used SM tires. In the dry he was losing ground to all but 1 car he was able to pass on lap 2. By lap 3 the other cars all pitted and my bob ended up in 3rd place (not pitting). He gained a few positions duriong the rain on the back of the pack until the last pit at lap 9/10. Then he ended up in 1st place with enough of a lead I could run him cool so he wouldn't push of the course in some of the high speed turns.

He finished just ahead of the Audi R8 Race car.

This even is fun enough and challenging enough to run it several times with different cars and different strategies to see how you and your bob can do.

I give it two thumbs up!👍👍

I just tried this in my 2J and I can't get better than 7th place.

Start w/ RH
Pit at the end of 2nd lap, switch to inters
Pït at the end of 8th lap, stay w/ inters
Win.

You should have no prob with the 2J. It is said to be the easiest way. (and the most boring way imho)

My best bob is at lvl 25, should I even bother with this event?

Yes, if you do the 2J trick. My Bob was L25 too - 2J, 249mph top speed on transmission, Sport Softs, and run the hell out of him - keep him at 75% or above on the "anger meter". He won it easily. He never took the lead until Lap 3, after which he never gave it up. And when he won, he went to Level 28. You can bet I'll run this one again to level my only Bob (on that account, anyway) up some more! I may even start a new Bob and just let him run, since he'll level up pretty quickly even if he doesn't win.

for those who don't have 2J, like me...

another good choice is Pescarolo C60 Hybride.. push all the way and pit on 3rd and 9th laps like the others 👍

Well, to all who cannot win this race, actually it s pretty simple

👍 thanks, was easy following your procedure. I must try later if can be winned without pitstop (because my bob's mental strength and my tyre's life seems to last until the end, but I has gone for the sure thing and pit in lap 7)

Easy win for La Sarthe:

My car: R8 Race Car (Playstation Team ORECA) `05
I tuned it completely and then limited to 700PP
My Bobs: Lv. 36 and 35

Start with Hard Race tyres.
Pit after 2nd lap to continue lap 3 with Intermediates.
Pit stop after lap 8. Catch fresh Intermediates for the last two laps.

Coaching: Keep your Bob 75-80% hot

P1 in lap 4. Lost P1 after 2nd pit stop (most AI stop after lap 9). P1 after lap 9. Finished 1st without any problems.

Enjoy the credits... :)👍

Struggled at 1st with this race, not due to low B-spec drivers (L39 & 40) or the wrong car (refreshed Audi R8 LMP Playstation livery) but due to the drivers doing ludicrous things such as going in to the gravel trap on lap 1 at the end of the mulsanne straight after overtaking 6 cars and then instead of getting back on track it stayed in the gravel, dawdled along side the track and lets every car pass!
After sending numerous reduce pace commands on lap 1 it kept 6th place. I kept the driver out until the end of lap 4 on racing hards then pitted in for inters. Came out in 3rd place and then easily passed the 2nd and 1st place cars within 2 laps. Cruised along for another 3 laps until the end of lap 9. All others pitted in but i stayed out even though i had a near 40 second lead. However, with track conditions improving my inters' were shot and so a gentle limp home was required. Due to the others pitting i came home with so much time the screen cut off before 2nd place even crossed the line! 👍

GT-One with 50/70 aero and stage 3 turbo (power limited to 700pp) did it, pit on lap 2 and 7.

I need to buy a race car for races like this. i have a couple choices in the online dealership anyone mind telling me what may be best for this event?

Toyota gt-one race car '99
Pescarolo Courage c60 peugeot race car '03
Pescarolo courage - judd GV5 race car '04
Audi R8 Race Car (playstation team) '05

Thanks

I took the GT-ONE. Ballad in the park with some babysitting :)

(I love the colors and the look of the GT-ONE... :D)

level 30 bobs in a GT-R35 TC for a bit of a challenge - stay with it as they will look like thay aren't doing so well until the last lap starts when the entire field pits.

The 4WD helps temper the idiot activities of your Bobs doing unpredictable stuff.

Enjoyed the Spa race far more though...

Last edited:
It doesn't work for me either. 2J with SS tyres, I push the whole race, no pit stop, my bobs level 35. I come 7th.
In the 2J I started with Race Hards and pit with the leaders on lap 3. There I put on Race Intermediate front and Sport Soft rear. I then go to the end without another pit. Finished around 40 min. 10 sec.

I just tried the 2J with ss tires, first try came in third,second try I won by over 20 seconds. Bob was level 34, had to push on the first 3 laps, took the lead when AI went to the pits and I never gave up first from then on. Had to keep a eye on bob so be wouldn't slow down too much but it wasn't to hard. Thanks for the tips on how to win it guys!

I ran the 2J on racing hards and pitted on the 3rd lap for intermediates. Ran with those till the end of the race without pitting.
I was well ahead of the competition and was starting to catch the back markers.

Have to admit the only car that gave me trouble was the Audi 01. Took a few laps to get past him. The Bobs I used were Level 40 and one of them was up to his usual tricks but we still won.

Is it not worth pitting in and switching to race intermediates at any point to regain the lost grip at 30% track water?

I ran the 2J on racing hards and pitted on the 3rd lap for intermediates. Ran with those till the end of the race without pitting.
I was well ahead of the competition and was starting to catch the back markers.

Have to admit the only car that gave me trouble was the Audi 01. Took a few laps to get past him. The Bobs I used were Level 40 and one of them was up to his usual tricks but we still won.

How hot do u keep ur bob

bpb
I need to buy a race car for races like this. i have a couple choices in the online dealership anyone mind telling me what may be best for this event?

Toyota gt-one race car '99
Pescarolo Courage c60 peugeot race car '03
Pescarolo courage - judd GV5 race car '04
Audi R8 Race Car (playstation team) '05

Thanks

The R8 seems to be getting some solid results, but borrow a Chapparal 2J if you can.

Back