La sarthe event B- Spec Solved (to all who can´t win this race)

• Thread starter GONPRIN
  • 475 comments
I skip the PITS in the lap 10 and win , ending with only the 5% or less grip in the rear wheels.

I enter to PITS in the 3rd lap , Racing Intermediate.

Bob level 37.
I use the Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05. (No buy the Wing (200,000) ,this is a bug?)
driving rhythm 70% or 75% , in the last lap without PITS ^^ 50% and 45%.
Time: 40:19:--- minutes.

Rewards
Cr6.000.000
1.000.000xp

Nope, the wing's not a bug; a couple of the LMP cars offer this option for the rear wing. It allows even more downforce at the rear, but it's just too much for Le Sarthe. Can be great on shorter courses, though.

I know; I'm really going to miss this one, I think. It's been quite a blast AND quite a challenge. And the payouts haven't hurt either. ;)

Just won with the Minolta Toyota 88, fully tuned, stage 3 turbo, 242 max speed tranny(lower # below last gear) added 40kg to get pp down to 700, dropped ride height to -20 front and rear. Level 38 bob (now hes lv40) made 4th place b4 1st pit (pitted with leaders, not early) was going to pit with leaders again on last pit, but bob started gettin goofy and sliding off track (in 3d place) at end of 8th lap, so I pitted and put on fresh RI's and caught back up with leaders when they pitted last lap, passed all but 1st while they were in pits, caught and passed 1st on back stretch b4 1st chicane and never looked back:) Woohoo!!! 6 million creds....., gotta try this again...

And once again, SO CLOSE! Using the Nissan R92CP yet again, determined to win with it. I got a 6th, made some changes, and had first all but wrapped up - I took first place early on Lap 10, and held it until coming off the very last chicane before start/finish, and lost by 0.047 seconds! :( Still, so very close.

I pitted at the end of Lap 7 to try to get out of traffic, at which point I was in third place, and 1, 2, and 3 were running in a pack with less than a second separating first from me in third place. I thought by getting out of the furball I could get some clean air to run in, but I ended up with no tires at the end of Lap 10, so pushing the pit stop to Lap 8 would probably be the optimal solution on this one. Hopefully I'll get to notch a win with the R92 before the event is over; it's one of my favorite cars in the game.

Keep trying man! I tried quite a few times with the 88c yesterday and just cannot get it done. 2nd place every time. Also that Bentley win I posted in here was a fluke. Have no idea how I crushed the field in one race and now I can't do better than third. I do want to win with a different car before it is over. So far it is 5. I am laid up with a broken hip so have plenty of time.

I've tried many different cars, with different setups, but have only managed wins with the following:

2J (won twice)
Bentley Speed 8
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (this one took the longest to win with, and a little luck)

There are so many different factors to consider (cars, bobs, strategy, luck), that most cars in the 700PP range have a chance at winning (and losing).

Keep trying man! I tried quite a few times with the 88c yesterday and just cannot get it done. 2nd place every time. Also that Bentley win I posted in here was a fluke. Have no idea how I crushed the field in one race and now I can't do better than third. I do want to win with a different car before it is over. So far it is 5. I am laid up with a broken hip so have plenty of time.

Just tried it again, with a couple tiny tweaks. Came in second yet again, this time by 18.037 seconds. :( So much for tweaks... ;) Funny thing is, I actually kept Bob from spilling it on the Mulsanne this time, too. I was sure I could win if I could just keep 'em out of the kitty litter, but no go.

finally managed to get it done with the 88c, by 00.18 sec. Toughest race yet. Bentley, Mazda, both Audi's, 2J, GT1 and now 88C. I'll give it another go with the Pescarolos and maybe the Nissan R92.

First off, I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people here that have posted different solutions for conquering this race. It's definitely the most difficult B-Spec challenge I've run into on GT5 yet.

I don't have a 2J or a R8 Race Car so I had to make do. After trying a bunch of different cars I finally won with the C60 Hybride-Judd Race Car '05 tonight.

The only settings I changed were:

Ballast to 1000kg.
Power limiter to 840hp.

I added the chassis reinforcement modifications. I had the stage 3 turbo kit purchased for the car too but realized it actually puts out more power at 700pp without any power upgrades.

I used two level 31 B-Spec drivers. Started the more aggressive of the two out on RH tires. Pitted after lap 2, switched drivers to the calmer driver, RI tires. Came out of the pits in 10th place. After passing much of the pack in the rain and everybody pitting after the 3rd lap I was in 2nd behind the other C60 Hybride going into lap 4. My 2nd driver did great at just tailing him and not losing ground while we left 3rd place and back far behind. I pitted after the 7th lap, switched back to the more aggressive driver, fresh set of intermediates and came back out in 4th place. My driver pulled into 2nd towards the end of the 9th lap and blew by the 1st place C60 while he was still in the pits. I slowed him back down since the 2nd set of IR tires were starting to wear thin and didn't want him to make a stupid mistake. The 2nd place C60 was gaining on him the whole 10th lap but he stayed smooth and finished 5+ seconds in the lead with a total time of 40:37.

Again, this wouldn't have been possible for me had I not read through this thread and followed in the footsteps of those who had beaten it already. Thank you again.

photo.jpg

Well its been FUN but its over tonight at 3am GMT they planned to remove this seasonal.
The Grinding will be over.

First off, I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people here that have posted different solutions for conquering this race. It's definitely the most difficult B-Spec challenge I've run into on GT5 yet.

I don't have a 2J or a R8 Race Car so I had to make do. After trying a bunch of different cars I finally won with the C60 Hybride-Judd Race Car '05 tonight.

The only settings I changed were:

Ballast to 1000kg.
Power limiter to 840hp.

I added the chassis reinforcement modifications. I had the stage 3 turbo kit purchased for the car too but realized it actually puts out more power at 700pp without any power upgrades.

I used two level 31 B-Spec drivers. Started the more aggressive of the two out on RH tires. Pitted after lap 2, switched drivers to the calmer driver, RI tires. Came out of the pits in 10th place. After passing much of the pack in the rain and everybody pitting after the 3rd lap I was in 2nd behind the other C60 Hybride going into lap 4. My 2nd driver did great at just tailing him and not losing ground while we left 3rd place and back far behind. I pitted after the 7th lap, switched back to the more aggressive driver, fresh set of intermediates and came back out in 4th place. My driver pulled into 2nd towards the end of the 9th lap and blew by the 1st place C60 while he was still in the pits. I slowed him back down since the 2nd set of IR tires were starting to wear thin and didn't want him to make a stupid mistake. The 2nd place C60 was gaining on him the whole 10th lap but he stayed smooth and finished 5+ seconds in the lead with a total time of 40:37.

Again, this wouldn't have been possible for me had I not read through this thread and followed in the footsteps of those who had beaten it already. Thank you again.

photo.jpg
What is shocking is that the R8 Audi finished 17 seconds behind. When that car is in the race it almost always places 1st or 2nd. Anyway I had tried with both Pescarolos all day yesterday with no luck. Ill try without the stage 3.

I took the advice mentioned earlier and used the 2J. My bobs were 33 and 32. It was a little close until going into the last lap, they all pitted and I think I won by 30secs. Easily one of my fav B-Spec races I've done.

Finally beat this thing on the last day it's going to be up. Won it with the Audi R8 RC '05 car. And then once I beat it, the freakin 2J appears right afterwards. Been trying to get that car forever now. Played it again with the 2J and won it on the first try, love this B-spec race.

dang it, never beat it, never had a chance to buy an R8 or 2J. Never had the $ when they were first offered. Hopefully a good one coming tonight to replace this one.

Well after 5 attempts with my lvl 27 and 22 b-spec drivers I've made it. Like 3 hours to the deadline of this event I nailed that race with a mere 2.088 seconds into the lead.
Well ... that was crazy b-spec event. :)

I thank very much to all the people who shared their experience in order this event to be more clear to all of us.

How it went for me.
I decided to use the Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05 which seems to be the overall best car for this event ... but hey my drivers were well below the required 35 lvl. :sly: I restored the engine and the rigidity of the car, because it felt a little twitchy out of the corners in my previous attepts (-1mil cr.) but that was worth it at the end. The car was like 840hp and I lowered both the front and back ends of the aero to match the 700pp requirement. Top speed 420km/h.
So I've put my 22 lvl first on RH tires and we were off. Actually he is pretty good at overtaking so by the first 2 corners he already passed 1 car. Then he was on par with the others and when I called him to pit at the end of LAP2 he was like 6th or 7th. I was trying to avoid him being in the red zone and I was coaching him to stay cool when approaching chicanes and tight corners.
Then the "veteran" 27th lvl took over with RI the tire choice. And actually in the rain the coaching from my side went the other way round. I was cooling him on the straights and urging him to go fast in the chicanes and corners. :dopey: And actually in that way he was able to become closer to the opposition out of the corners and he was able to try and pass on the following straights. Unfortunately that almost shot the rear tires and by the end of LAP7 he was tailing from the lead pack of 3 or 4 faster cars. Then I decided it was time for the final swap. My lvl 22 driver took over for the last 3 laps with a fresh set of intermediates. And ... incredible! He has not only managed to pass some cars that overtook him while in the pits but he was a second faster in almost every sector of the following 2 laps! That made the biggest difference and actually ... it was incredible to watch and to check the lap times. Really, it was good fun! Then on end of lap9 he took the lead while the leaders pitted for their sets of new RH tires. And while the track dried out fast the coaching again went from "slow on the straights - fast in the corners" to the opposite - "Keep the car out of the grass at all costs! Floor it on the straights! Go, go, go!". :nervous::dopey:
The tires, as you can suggest, were not in great shape and the opposition in the face of 1 other Team ORECA '05 and a C60 '05 were gaining fast. But my 22 lvl driver did exceptionally well towards the end of the lap even if he was becoming more and more aggrivated as the other 2 cars gained on him with every passing moment even with my commands to cool him down.
And across the line and the win!

I had to share this! I'm not a fan of b-spec but that Seasonal ... WAS fun! :dopey::dopey::dopey:
I even think I'll make a movie of it! :sly:

Last edited:
Well its been FUN but its over tonight at 3am GMT they planned to remove this seasonal.
The Grinding will be over.
Yup, I need to keep a better watch on when they end.
Totally screwed up my morning routine today :grumpy:

Congrats to all those who were able to take advantage of this great seasonal event, and condolences to those who weren't. Here's to hoping PD brings us a B-spec event this fun again in the future!

Congrats to all those who were able to take advantage of this great seasonal event, and condolences to those who weren't. Here's to hoping PD brings us a B-spec event this fun again in the future!

Did you ever get it done with the Nissan? I couldn't. Couldn't get the Pescarolos in either. Lot's of 2nd place finishes.

Damn CLOSED. :(

I counted my total credits earned in the seasonal event
bspec spa and sarthe... exactly Cr200,000,000 hahah.

was fun...

Did you ever get it done with the Nissan? I couldn't. Couldn't get the Pescarolos in either. Lot's of 2nd place finishes.

Nope, R92 never got it done for me. I got the Pesky-Hybride to what seemed an easy win once, and then tried to repeat it and lost, badly. A third try yielded another win with it.

Kwicko
Nope, R92 never got it done for me. I got the Pesky-Hybride to what seemed an easy win once, and then tried to repeat it and lost, badly. A third try yielded another win with it.

Did you ever tryed again with the GT-ONE

I am just wining it several times with my Audi r8 race car(play station)
Very simple race:)

i know its over but the easier way is a 2j because i only pitted once and i won but it was still a difficult race

Latest Posts

Back