Ladies and Gentleman, I am an alien.PS4 

• Thread starter mattersend
  • 38 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
And that is why I avoid online like the plague...

I play with the dualshock 4. I don't edit the car configs in anyway, the most i did in terms of changing my ds4 settings was switch to mode 3 (or 2 if 3 was the default, cant remember) and lower my sensitivity just a bit.

My past: I got every forza, and hated every one of them. They all felt EXACTLY the same, like driving a boat with no sense of grip other than the obnoxiously loud tire screeching which was just stupid after a while.

I love F12010 and 2011. They were tough, and you had to tweak your car, but the thrill of going so fast and getting in the zone was exhilarating beyond belief. Alas, i didn't feel like i was 'driving' a car. F1 series for me was always an arcade experience, but they nailed the feel perfectly.

Come project cars.... wow wow wow wow.

I was soooooo worried when I started reading reviews. Could they all be mario kart fan boys, I thought? Unlikely, which only deepened my fear. I finally got the game. I struggled for a day or two. Then I found the formula c..and well..magic happened. I mastered the car. Truly, I mastered it. I'm getting times and racing the AI at 70, qualifitying on pole in every race and getting first. I ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE I'M DRIVING THIS CAR.

The skill developed is translating into the formula B and A categories. Here are some observations I've made.

- If you jump into formula 1 (A) right away, you'll hate it. Start in C.
- Turn off ALL HUD DISPLAY AND THE MAP. I cannot stress this enough. I do 30 minute practice sessions, because it takes that long, and maybe longer to learn the track instinctively enough so that you can put in amazing lap times. LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN. THE MAP IS A GREAT HINDRANCE IN EVERY WAY. No you don't need for the first few laps to 'get the feel'. You get the feel by screwing up the first few laps and coming back. Patience is key. You may think its hard, that there are too many turns. But you do it long enough, and magic begins to happen. You begin to 'feel' the track. A map grows in the back of your mind and you just 'know' what to do. Sometimes I put in my best times in the race, because i needed two 20 min practice sessions and two 10 min qualifies to really get it. So maybe a 60 min practice? Either way, turn it of. Stop going online and studying tracks and turns. Maybe do this when you've mastered your car, done a few seasons, and are REALLY trying to get real life times. Even then, I'm not sure you need it.
-When you are practicing, do laps with no one in front of you, and do laps tailing the AI. I mean, really tail it. You develop really good handling skill this way. Try to be smooth.
-Disable pit stopping, a/k/a disable tire ware. This is debatable, and I'm not saying its for everyone. In reality, tire ware and pit stopping are neccessary due to the nature of the universe and physical laws in general. If we could, we'd make cars that don't need to refuel and tires that don't ware down. (If anyone watched the monoca grand prix this weekend you'll know that hamilton lost because of a pitting error his own team made - he lost even though he was leading by a huge margin. This should not have happened). Its much more fun to not simulate these things for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being that pcars is a DRIVING simulator, not a pitstop, refuel simulator. Secondly, these features are buggy at the moment.

Lastly, I avoid online because its hard to find other aliens to race. Most people jump into random cars in random tracks and think they'll just figure it out or get in the zone. Please, don't waste my time. You're ruining the online experience.

I would add a feature that restricted online use unless you could pass certain time trials with the car and track you want to race.

Truly, I mastered it. I'm getting times and racing the AI at 70, qualifitying on pole in every race and getting first. I ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE I'M DRIVING THIS CAR.

70? Wow... try 100... master.

-Disable pit stopping, a/k/a disable tire ware. This is debatable

Disable tyre wear? Ok. So then you just have the best grip available for the entire race. Very realistic, and very easy for such a "Driving GOD!"

I would add a feature that restricted online use unless you could pass certain time trials with the car and track you want to race.

Umm... no...

Just race in rooms you know are clean. End of.

An alien who has the AI set at 70%? That's interesting.
Hard to read the rest without genuinely wondering if you're just trolling.

You stress not using the Track Map. I stopped reading the OP at this point.
Pretty sure the only purpose of the track map is to see other cars around you. I've never been one to use it to help me "know" the track. The map on this particular game would, to me, be useless for such a thing.

I use the "driving line" for tracks I'd never even heard of. ::GASP::
I get the very general idea of the track using it. Go back and turn it off then I get into really driving and feeling the car.

70? Wow... try 100... master.

Disable tyre wear? Ok. So then you just have the best grip available for the entire race. Very realistic, and very easy for such a "Driving GOD!"

Umm... no...

Just race in rooms you know are clean. End of.

Not sure if trolling or just oblivious.

Word "I'm an alien" and "AI at 70, qualifying on pole in every race and getting first" in the same post :confused:

So, since I've been racing with the AI around 85 percent, I guess that means I'm.............what comes next after "alien"? Greatest driver of all time, forever and ever? :lol:

I play with the dualshock 4. I don't edit the car configs in anyway, the most i did in terms of changing my ds4 settings was switch to mode 3 (or 2 if 3 was the default, cant remember) and lower my sensitivity just a bit.

My past: I got every forza, and hated every one of them. They all felt EXACTLY the same, like driving a boat with no sense of grip other than the obnoxiously loud tire screeching which was just stupid after a while.

I love F12010 and 2011. They were tough, and you had to tweak your car, but the thrill of going so fast and getting in the zone was exhilarating beyond belief. Alas, i didn't feel like i was 'driving' a car. F1 series for me was always an arcade experience, but they nailed the feel perfectly.

I was soooooo worried when I started reading reviews. Could they all be mario kart fan boys, I thought? Unlikely, which only deepened my fear. I finally got the game. I struggled for a day or two. Then I found the formula c..and well..magic happened. I mastered the car. Truly, I mastered it. I'm getting times and racing the AI at 70, qualifitying on pole in every race and getting first. I ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE I'M DRIVING THIS CAR.

The skill developed is translating into the formula B and A categories. Here are some observations I've made.

- Turn off ALL HUD DISPLAY AND THE MAP. I cannot stress this enough. I do 30 minute practice sessions, because it takes that long, and maybe longer to learn the track instinctively enough so that you can put in amazing lap times. LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN. THE MAP IS A GREAT HINDRANCE IN EVERY WAY. No you don't need for the first few laps to 'get the feel'. You get the feel by screwing up the first few laps and coming back. Patience is key. You may think its hard, that there are too many turns. But you do it long enough, and magic begins to happen. You begin to 'feel' the track. A map grows in the back of your mind and you just 'know' what to do. Sometimes I put in my best times in the race, because i needed two 20 min practice sessions and two 10 min qualifies to really get it. So maybe a 60 min practice? Either way, turn it of. Stop going online and studying tracks and turns. Maybe do this when you've mastered your car, done a few seasons, and are REALLY trying to get real life times. Even then, I'm not sure you need it.
-When you are practicing, do laps with no one in front of you, and do laps tailing the AI. I mean, really tail it. You develop really good handling skill this way. Try to be smooth.
-Disable pit stopping, a/k/a disable tire ware. This is debatable, and I'm not saying its for everyone. In reality, tire ware and pit stopping are neccessary due to the nature of the universe and physical laws in general. If we could, we'd make cars that don't need to refuel and tires that don't ware down. (If anyone watched the monoca grand prix this weekend you'll know that hamilton lost because of a pitting error his own team made - he lost even though he was leading by a huge margin. This should not have happened). Its much more fun to not simulate these things for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being that pcars is a DRIVING simulator, not a pitstop, refuel simulator. Secondly, these features are buggy at the moment.

Lastly, I avoid online because its hard to find other aliens to race. Most people jump into random cars in random tracks and think they'll just figure it out or get in the zone. Please, don't waste my time. You're ruining the online experience.

Congratulations !

I play with the dualshock 4.

I ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE I'M DRIVING THIS CAR.

-Disable pit stopping, a/k/a disable tire ware.

Its much more fun to not simulate these things for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being that pcars is a DRIVING simulator, not a pitstop, refuel simulator. Secondly, these features are buggy at the moment.

I really had to re read this drivel twice and sort out the pertinent points quoted to point out that you are not an alien, just a self opinionated, arrogant person !
You lost me at "you can 'actually feel' you're driving the car" when you say you use the DS4. The rest, going on about disabling pit stops just shows you as the n00b you are.
Totally irrelevant post from an irrelevant person if you ask me !!

Did I actually read this? Well thank god you don't race online,because us mear mortals would be uhm extra terrestrial, I guess. You have actually made the best post I have laughed at in years.:cheers:

If you're being serious then this is one of the funniest posts I've seen on this site.

Umm I just feel the need to respond to this part, having played Forza 2 3 and 4 quite a lot myself I can say that comment is rubbish. They do not feel the same at all. In fact the difference in 2 and 3 is rather large and again in 4 the grip is different in all of them and 3 has a heavy tendency toward understeer where two was prone to oversteer.

The tire volume is adjustable in Forza so if it was so horribly loud for you that would indicate that you had turned down other sounds and cranked up the tire sound. IMO the tire sound was fine and I actually increased the volume on the tires and turned down some of the other effects to better here them and still I would not classify them as loud just audible.

Of course if you did not alter any of the car settings in Forza nor add any additional parts then you did not even scratch the surface of getting performance out of the cars.

I would also say that winning in a Formula C which is actually a pretty easy car against AI at 70 does not qualify as Alien. Far from it in fact. Once you are able to post #1 times on the leaderboard that are seconds ahead of everyone else 6 months in then you could consider yourself an Alien. Beating the AI at 70% means you can get around the track pretty quick without crashing.

Last edited:
...Its much more fun to not simulate these things for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being that pcars is a DRIVING simulator, not a pitstop, refuel simulator. Secondly, these features are buggy at the moment.

I actually would've considered Pcars more of a racing simulator, I think it's GT that calls itself a driving simulator.
But I also believe that's why they have online time trials, so you can actually prove you are an alien...Or is this why you avoid online ?
I also have trouble believing you cant find any aliens to race with online, honestly they are everywhere, or if you really are too good for Pcars...get yourself a PC there are plenty of aliens on iRacing (or Assetto Corsa) waiting for you ;)

Do you come in peace?

Yet to run practice on retail game or do online racing, just do the events. Anyway wanted to know would someone ruin your online experience if they get up to speed quickly on random car and track combo and be faster than you or as quick or slightly slower?

One to beam up Scotty, energize.

I fear "The Man Who Fell To Earth" may be more appropriate though.

This is the funniest pCars post I've seen so far. For sure that he does not have a clue of what "alien" means around here.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I needed this thread. I've had a very long day. I haven't laughed so hard in a vey long time. Bahahahaha!
Tell the Mars rover I said hi.
What an asteroid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back