Lag

  • Thread starter Thread starter vipahcheese
  • 9 comments
  • 703 views

vipahcheese

(Banned)
Messages
62
United States
United States
Messages
vipahcheese3178
Dunno really where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I'm playing GT6 online, well trying to. I keep getting some lag problems, which is especially frustrating because I really want to race online. Is there any way I could try to fix this without a new router/modem, etc.? If anyone can give some advice it'd be greatly appreciated.
 
Its the game itself
 
A wired connection solves a lot of issues apparently
 
Are you sure? It seemed like it was something with me, nobody else had it that much

Oh, that might be it...I use wifi. *sighs* Well GT6 is going to be awful for awhile then
 
If people are coming in and out of the room in a race it causes lag momentarily. That happens to everyone though, hate when it happens during a turn. Here is a write up we use to help people with issues in the WRS races.


https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-online-networking-tips-discussion.300397/

Unfortunately even if you have everything optimally set up, sometimes you just get disconnected. Another thing we do before races is have everyone go on track or pits and make sure every driver sees the correct number of drivers in the drivers grid. This helps with the issue of drivers not seeing each other during the race. Sometimes just leaving and coming back to the room fixes that.
 
Last edited:
Try clearing your cache, its worth a try.
 
A wired connection solves a lot of issues apparently
Things really smoothed out for me when I switched to a CAT6 wired connection in GT5. Some people say it makes no difference but for me it's been night and day. Used to have a ton of disconnects before that, now almost never. I think I've had one in GT6.
 
Insure that your internet connection is healthy.

http://www.pingtest.net/

If you don't score an A...

http://www.speedtest.net/

or if you don't get close to the speed you are supposed to, call your ISP.

Other than for maintenance, or one or two sever meltdowns where the whole room got kicked, I have never been kicked, and then scored an A with pingtest.

I have run a room every night for the past three years. It is always the same people having connection problems. If they had problems in GT5, they have problems in GT6.

I have had problems myself, but I have always called my ISP and had if fixed.
 
I have very poor Internet speeds, but I have always managed to get around that when playing Call of Duty or GTAO. With GT6, however, I don't think there is a fix. A lot of time is wasted trying to connect to rooms and reseting the console, only to back up the file system, then black starts and ghost races. It frustrates the he'll out of me and I lose a few hours of my time off sometimes, and I'm not one that isn't efficient with time.
 
Back