laguna seca endurance

  • Thread starter Thread starter st1sj
  • 55 comments
  • 6,062 views
Messages
510
Messages
snoopykuan
having completed the first 2 endurance races, i'm now doing laguna seca and looking for a competitive race (instead of lapping them by 10+ laps).

i started with the RM elise 111R, but even after getting rid of all HP upgrades, it was still too fast. then i went to the cappuccino RM, but that was too slow. i'm now using the elise RM 96, and trying different tires.

which cars did you use for a competitive race?
 
Try using a stock muscle car, all the cars you've tryed so far will outrun the competition easily because of their ability in the bends, which is where muscle cars normally lack haha.
 
Mustang Mach 1 '71 (I think that's it's name?).
 
yeah the stock muscle cars would have provided more equal racing. altho i wanted to use a RM car. they just handle so well and do not use up the tires either. i'm now 50 laps in, so i am going to finish it...

the RM car's entry and exit speed is so much higher...
 
yeah the stock muscle cars would have provided more equal racing. altho i wanted to use a RM car. they just handle so well and do not use up the tires either. i'm now 50 laps in, so i am going to finish it...

the RM car's entry and exit speed is so much higher...

That's the advantage. That is why you are going faster, lol.

If you want competitive racing take a car from the opponents list (that menu that tells you the usual opponents, can't remember what its called)

But your taking RM cars, definitely not going to find that competitive.
 
A Viper GTS tend to enter that race. It's not a RM, but it handles well. Maybe try using that.

The C5 Z06 is another good option, as is the Shelby Series One if you have it.
 
im currently doing tsukuba 4hrs, im finding it hard to stay awake, ever 40 mins i have to take a break or i end up dozing off on the strait....
 
Think i used a 2000 Camaro SS and ended up winning by 14 seconds. Nearly ran out of gas on the final lap as well. Was a fun race!
 
I went into this one knowing i would win so i made my self get lapped 3 times then started chassing down everyone i used a stock amuse 370z and with sport softs

I won by like 15 seconds its such a good race for me though

I hate that fact i have to do things like this to enjoy racing
 
im currently doing tsukuba 4hrs, im finding it hard to stay awake, ever 40 mins i have to take a break or i end up dozing off on the strait....

LOl how many times did you go off the track cause when i did this one i went off at least 10 times
 
the tsukuba 4 hr race was tough for me too. i took a nap after 45 mins and then struggled to finish it.

now i'm on to the indy 500. that'll be a long race too.
 
I admire you all for doing these A-Spec Enduros. I wish I had the free time.
 
Laguna Seca...great track...terrible setting. So boring it is as easy for me to fall asleep during this one as it is Tsukuba.
For me, this race was a one-and-done. Like the track, the laps, pit strategy...all of it...except the scenery.
 
Laguna Seca...great track...terrible setting. So boring it is as easy for me to fall asleep during this one as it is Tsukuba.
For me, this race was a one-and-done. Like the track, the laps, pit strategy...all of it...except the scenery.

If you were racing, and not sightseeing, you wouldn't care about the scenery! :sly:
 
I let Bob do it in the FGT and he won by over 23laps. I'm thinking of using a stock RX8 or some kind of average sports car to make it a challenge.
 
I'm going to try this with stock C5 Z06, when I find the time.
 
Cappucicino is more than capable of winning the Laguna Enduro.Its what i used ,and that was the non race modded one.I still won comfortably same for 300km grand valley.If i can win it with that car pretty much anyone should be able too.
If you want a real challenge use the Fiat 500F '68,you pretty much can't make a single error for 90 laps( i haven't managed it with the 500 yet but i will).
 
I used a RM'd and tuned Evo 9.

But I would like to go back to this one with a stock Evo 9 RM'd only.
 
Viper team oreca.
I know its overkill, but that's the only car I enjoy driving on that track.
 
I used the BMW Z4 M Coupe with hard racing slicks and i finished about 3 laps in the lead.On the straights most of the other cars were quicker but the BM was quicker in the corners,would be much closer with sport hard tires.
 
i tried a few cars last night on the indy 500. most were too fast. i'm going to try tonight with the R8 race car (one of the AI entries), perhaps use sport tires and/or limit top speed for a competitive race.

saintadjg: i tried the cappuccino RM at leguna for a few laps, and was in 2nd place but could not catch up to first place. didn't want to put in more time and risk losing...these endurance races are fun, but the risk of losing v time spent is difficult for me.
 
I saw that all the cars are american, so I decided to use an american car as well, the Dodge Viper ACR. I was still ahead most of the time, but the second car was still on the same lap.
 
one thing i wish for is for the game to let me know which car is which. sometimes it's easy to know the 2nd place car, but in the tsukuba 4 hr with all miatas, it was hard to tell.

a few things i do to equalize:

when i spin, i'll wait for a clear track before resuming.

on laguna seca, i'll knock off the brake markers.

pit and try different tire compounds.

hold up 2nd place car to let 3rd place car get ahead.
 
i did the 200miles in the viper coupe stock. not the ACR or the first generation GTS. cant remember what year the coupe is exactly, 06 i think. drove 88 laps from inside the cockpit view. i was in the lead by the end of the first lap and after i saw the lead i had after two laps i decided to give myself a challenge and gon inside the car. i was surprised i kept the lead the entire race as i find the cockpit view hard to drive from since the camera doesnt look towards the apex like we naturaly do while we drive.

@ st1sj try the audi R10. i did the indy 500 with race-hard tyres and won easily. the Ai brake way too much, down to about 175mph i was cutting the corners at 205 average. i would pit every 25 laps. did 26 laps with race-mediums and 24 with race softs. but the lap-times differences were about 3seconds apart from each tyre.
 
I did this one on the camaro (bumble bee),stock, with sports hard tyres and I am glad I did.
I took the lead and moved away from the pack, but then as tyres went down, the pack caught up. Had a good battle for about 80% of the race and the race was finished in no time.
 
Tried yesterday in a 97 Civic Type R with a ECU chip and sports suspension, almost stock then, and sports soft tyres. It was the most enjoyable race I've had on '5 so far.
Being underpowered but more agile it was a great effort to compete and the racing was fierce, at one point I lead for a few laps but one of the Chevy's was too fast and lapped me by the end. I finished 3rd over all and do not mind at all that I will have to do it again today and try to win, albeit with another (slightly faster) underpowered car. Bring it on!
 
Did it yesterday in a Callaway C12... way more powerfull than the competition, but I wanted to make sure I won, since I don't wanna have to do this race again
 
@ Shem - I used almost those same settings with the '97 civic on grand valley enduro. I was going to do the same with Laguna, but now I am going to enter it with a slightly modded integra type R. I will have a race update sometime during of after the race.

Well 30 laps in and I am in quick pursuit of the second place Z06. I thought this was going to be a little more challenging. I will have to take a look at a few more cars after the race and find a better suited car for more of a challenge. I will take any suggestions. I read a few cars that need to be modded, but I am looking for the least modded route here.
 
Last edited:
I used the 96 Elise RM like u. I thought I'd lose but then when the race started and u got an immediate jump on everyone, I remembered this car only weighs 600 some kilos. I was looking for competition but I didn't get it and I didn't bother restarting
 
Peugeot 2.7 GTi with sports engine upgrades (up to 288hp) and soft sports tyres gave a fun race.

The lead kept on changing throughout the race - with tyre wear on the Peugeot (4 stops) compared with the AI (2 stops) a massive factor. 1min 38 with new tyres killed the AI leaving me with 25s leads, 1 min 43+ laps after 8 laps wear killed me leaving the AI with 30s leads as I made extra pitstops.

Finally overtaken on the penultimate lap with literally no tyre left after a final 16 lap run to the finish. Gutted, but would have won if I was a bit easier on the fuel when I pitted (hit the wall on entering the pits a couple of times and lost the option to not refuel). And far more entertaining than my Grand Valley Speedway Zonda borefest.
 
Back