Laguna Seca Lap Times For 449 Cars (And Counting!)

Just finished the S2000 a few minutes ago, on Trial Mountain, the Acura NSX '91 is more than a second behind. Let me give it another there, then on Midfield !

Just tested the Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 and it's a few tenths quicker than the Mazda Roadster (NC) '07 but a few tenths behind the Subaru BRZ S '12. Time of 1:30.329

Not bad for a 1.6L front-driver from the 90s.

Also, the DC5 Integra Type R is as quick as the S2000 '06!

Last edited:
Less than 0.1 second difference on Trial Mountain, I didn't failed my lap ^.^

On Midfield, I ran that NSX in 1:24.928, on lap 6 or 7. Could probably get it in the low 24s, or even in 23, but that would require dedicated practice. Still, your lap is a top-class pad time. With a wheel, you could probably get GT Academy level lap times ;)

As I don't have recording devices, here's the replay files :)

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    284.3 KB · Views: 9
Tested the S2000 '03 and beat the '99 by 9 tenths of a second, with a best of 1:24.817

I could probably get low 1:24 but without a wheel 1:23 is pretty much impossible.

I love how the '03-'04 is less prone to oversteer. I can really push it in the corners now.

Why can't PD make the AP1 premium? They wouldn't have THAT much work to do...

^ Around the 22 second mark on the video, 2 tires went off. Other than that, good lap.

Last edited:
Tested the RX-8 Type S '07 at Mid-Field.

1:25.458 puts it a couple tenths ahead of the NSX '91 and S2000 '99 but even more tenths behind the S2000 '03.

Want to know what's really amazing?

Honda CR-X SiR '90 is capable of the same mid-1:30 lap times as the Mazda Roadster (NC) '07.

Last edited:
Is the CR-X fast in the final left-right? I've noticed that can be really tricky in some cars so maybe the opposite holds.

Watch the replay and you tell me :sly:

Testing the Honda Beat '91 right now. 1:43.7 after 2 laps, and I'm guessing it'll be a high 1:42

Edit: Nope. Best I can get is a 1:43.490 but I was 2 tenths ahead of my ghost at one point...

Might need to start a new thread for Mid-Field times. I do enjoy this track. Short but sweet.

Going drifting now, checking my garage, I notice the fully modified weights for both the RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 and the S2000 '03 are the same 1,047 kg.

Last edited:
Word of advice: Don't go for a fastest lap in the Mitsubishi Evolution IV GSR '96. It will make you tear your hair out. I've been going at it for over 20 minutes and am getting fed up with its reluctance to corner. It's a fat turd compared with what I've tested thus far. Best I can do:

1:26.640

It's neck and neck with the S2000 '06.

And the Del Sol SiR is a 1:31 car with a DS3 for sure.

Last edited:
Crazy stuff here, the Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 is as quick as the Honda Beat '91 with a 1:43.4 tie!

With a wheel, both are 1:42 for sure, but I'm doubting the possibility for a 1:41

Suzuki Cappuccino '95 is a fantastic machine. My favorite of the kei cars. It's faster than the Honda Beat and Mazda Autozam AZ-1 by about 2 seconds.

Funny thing is, the Honda Insight '99 is just as quick! Considering the USA got the Insight and not the Cappuccino, I'd be perfectly happy owning the Insight due to this fact. And it's a hybrid, so it gets better mpg!

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm not really sure you'd get better MPG with an Insight, even though it's an hybrid. Those things are really light. I'll try to remember to ask a local Cappuccino owner next time I see him.

Nice! The specific vehicle was a bit faster than the Porsche Boxter of its time with equal PS/kg in Serres circuit in Greece when they tested 20 cars around it. So, a great FF of all times and a bargain as Ford has said that they lost 4K for every one sold. And they sold all of them. Maybe 4-5K if I am correct.

Another tough car to break is the Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si '87.

Took a few laps to make it into the 1:26's but there's no chance of 1:25 (on a DS3 anyway)

It's as quick as the S2000 '06 👍

Last edited:
Six. The number of laps it took me to get a 1:42 in the Daihatsu Copen Detachable Top '02.

It's at least 1.5 seconds slower than the Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95.

And the Daihatsu Storia X4 '00 is a 1:36 car, about 2 seconds slower than the premium Mazda Eunos Roadster '89.

That MR2 was a mini NSX of its time, even before NSX was produced. A great car from an epic era for Toyota (Supra and Celica around that time were truly great vehicles too). Now, Toyota has only FT86 as a sportscar produced along with Subaru. Poor times for Toyota's sportsmanship. Only their LMP1 shows what they are capable of. Sadly...

Ryoko Shino seal of approval.

ryokomr2.jpg

Last edited:
^ I had to look that up. "Over Rev!" Sounds interesting. Might track down the manga if I can find in English.

The supercharged version of the MR2 '86 is nearly 3 seconds faster than the base car.

And the MR2 '99 is an absolute joy to command. It may have a folding roof, but that doesn't stop it from being 1 second quicker than the supercharged MR2 '86. Hell, it's as quick as the Mazda Roadster '07!

Last edited:
The Acura RSX Type-S '04 ties with the Subaru BRZ S '12 with a 1:28.8 best lap.

Yes, you read that right :D Both have naturally aspirated 2 liters with about 200 hp. Only 25 kg difference between them.

You should compare all the Super GT 500 cars in stock form on a track, including the JGTC era cars. :)
Except the Anniversary, Stealth, and Base models of course.

Back