Lake Louise / What about new track?

• Thread starter NIKOLAUNCH
  • 43 comments
Being from Alberta, Canada, I was quite pleased to see this location. The track itself looks great, and driving on it doesn't feel too bad, in my opinion. However, I do feel that PD missed the chance to include a rally car along with this update to accompany the off road course. Say, mabye a Lancia Delta S4? ( Man, I want that car in GT7 so bad )

GT's terrible rally physics + long off camber corners that promote understeer = no fun. The night lighting is pretty but that's about it. The track has no flow, it feels like a generic course maker track from GT5. If they want to bring back snow tracks Chamonix from GT4 is way more fun, but there are loads of other real world and fictional tracks that I would like see return before snow.

And I still do not understand how there are two tracks in the game with "lake" in their name, but we cannot see any body of water when driving. This and Maggiore might as well be located anywhere generic.

Would've been perfect to add a long cruising track like Sierra with great views of the lake, similar to this old mod in AC. If I want a rally game RBR/DR/WRC provides a much better experience.

Last edited:
GT's terrible rally physics + long off camber corners that promote understeer = no fun. The night lighting is pretty but that's about it. The track has no flow, it feels like a generic course maker track from GT5. If they want to bring back snow tracks Chamonix from GT4 is way more fun, but there are loads of other real world and fictional tracks that I would like see return before snow.

And I still do not understand how there are two tracks in the game with "lake" in their name, but we cannot see any body of water when driving. This and Maggiore might as well be located anywhere generic.

Would've been perfect to add a long cruising track like Sierra with great views of the lake, similar to this old mod in AC. If I want a rally game RBR/DR/WRC provides a much better experience.

18bb3fa84ad53-screenshotUrl.png

18bb3fa761e81-screenshotUrl (1).png

Might be time for an eye exam old fella, I can see two lakes pretty clearly?

View attachment 1302223
View attachment 1302224

Might be time for an eye exam old fella, I can see two lakes pretty clearly?
LOL this is the first time I saw the lake at Maggiore after driving hundreds of laps, it's barely visible. Sorry but going downhill into a fast corner my eye is usually focused on the apex, not somewhere in the horizon.

Still can't see the lake in the second pic.

Regardless, it's not as prominent as it should be. Certainly not like the sea at Grand Valley or Dragon Trail Seaside, or the Nessie lake at Trial Mountain.

Even in the real world, there are tracks with better lakeside views like Potrero de los Funes and Enna Pergusa. Both of which would've been welcome additions to GT.

---------------------

I'm going off on a tangent here, but there are a few weirdly named tracks in GT7:
Blue Moon Bay - where is the sea?
Fisherman's Ranch - fishing in the desert?
Kyoto - nothing around the track screams Kyoto to me. Just a generic mountainous area.

Previously in the series the fictional tracks could've been anywhere. Since GTS they try to locate it based on real world places, but lots of them just feels plopped in randomly. Like why is Deep Forest in Swiss? I always felt it could've been in Germany's black forest. If they want a Swiss track bring back Grindelwald, Eiger or Matterhorn. At least there is a mountain there that is definitely Swiss.

Last edited:
LOL this is the first time I saw the lake at Maggiore after driving hundreds of laps, it's barely visible. Sorry but going downhill into a fast corner my eye is usually focused on the apex, not somewhere in the horizon.

Still can't see the lake in the second pic.

Regardless, it's not as prominent as it should be. Certainly not like the sea at Grand Valley or Dragon Trail Seaside, or the Nessie lake at Trial Mountain.
Yea it's hard to see at Lake Louise to be fair, you can make out the coastline behind the ski lifts but especially because it's often misty there, you can't make it out very well.

That being said, the real Lake Louise where the track is set is also not very big and not that close to where the resort is, so I'd blame them really!

Edit:

I just checked and actually I can't even tell if it is a lake or not, it looks kind of like water but also like it's just flat imagery of satellite terrain. Can't really tell - but regardless definitely not a key part of the scenery we're supposed to take a close look at.

1699533648189.png

Last edited:
Are you using the F150 or the Tundra? The Ford is much much quicker.
The AI cars also slow down very early for the bends so you can just slide past them there.
I was using the Tundra, maybe it's not as quick as the Ford one.

Any advice on the Rally race? I can’t seem to get any traction coming out of turns. I hit the gas and just sit there. Maybe I don’t know how to drive rally races.

The track seems to have some sort of bug where I can't seem to get glare from any light source, day or night. The rest of GT7 has too much glare, and here, I can't get more than what already exists.

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231111184750.png

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20231111201327.png

Fisherman's Ranch - fishing in the desert lol.
"Fisherman" is a surname here in the states, indicating that this piece of land is named after someone. It has nothing to do with actual fishing there.

Last edited:
The track seems to have some sort of bug where I can't seem to get glare from any light source, day or night. The rest of GT7 has too much glare, and here, I can't get more than what already exists.

View attachment 1302755

View attachment 1302756
I've noticed this same thing. There are a couple of other tracks that have the same issue (Barcelona is another). I hate how much glare is in this game; it's ridiculous.

When taking some race photos from Barcelona after the Manu race, I found that lowering the F stop - even one click - made a lot of the glare go away. The below picture looked like I was staring at the sun, but was able to make the glare subside enough...

58fa39ac54453352dceb66ecba2405f2_photo.webp

Lake Louise is terrible as a track, but has wonderful scenery. I just really hate its Circuit Experience and any license tests involving it.

I could see this having a road course around some mountain roads though, as I think this is based around the ski resort in the region. Kind of like similar to Sardegna. However, this would mean splitting Lake Louise into two: "Road Course" and "Snow Course".

Last edited:
I've noticed this same thing. There are a couple of other tracks that have the same issue (Barcelona is another). I hate how much glare is in this game; it's ridiculous.

When taking some race photos from Barcelona after the Manu race, I found that lowering the F stop - even one click - made a lot of the glare go away. The below picture looked like I was staring at the sun, but was able to make the glare subside enough...

58fa39ac54453352dceb66ecba2405f2_photo.webp
Thats just shooting mid day. Its a nightmare. Double if your doing cars. F22 and a polarizer is all you can do and that comes with its own set of drawbacks.

Back