Lamborghini Huracán LP610-4

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by JMoney689, Oct 16, 2013.

1. JMoney

JMoney

With a 5.2 liter naturally apirated V10 making-you guessed it-610 bhp, and four-wheel drive, it should give Ferrari and McLaren a run for their money. I would love to see that happen, as all those two brands have been doing the past 5 years is copy each other. If Lamborghini can beat them with older technology, it would be the ultimate embarassment.

Name is "Hurricane" in Spanish... as well as a historical fighting bull.

I really don't like it's appearance, but I'm sure I will warm to it. The Gallardo is now my all-time favorite car, but it used to be the Lambo I saw and was dissappointed that it wasn't a Murcielago.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. ThrasherDBS

ThrasherDBS

Can't wait to see exactly what this car looks like.

3. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I never really liked the Gallardo. Looks-wise, I'd prefer the previous baby Lamborghini- the Countach, over the Gallardo. The Gallardo replacement may possibly take cues from the Aventador. But yeah... I'll be interested to see what Lambo comes up as the Gallardo replacement.

4. xNEVER-ONEx

xNEVER-ONEx

Countach was never a baby Lambo.

KinLM, ThatBlokeThere and RCKakashi14 like this.
  5. ThrasherDBS

ThrasherDBS

The Countach was the top-of-the-line Lamborghini in the 70's and the 80's. So, the closest things that would fit the "baby Lambo" description for that time period would be the Urraco, Silhouette, and the Jalpa. (At least, as I see it.)

I'll be honest, it took me a bit to warm up to the Gallardo. I felt that it was overshadowed by the Murcielago, but eventually I grew to liking it.

6. Turtle

Turtle

Hopefully it's a bit lighter and more nimble than the current Gallardo, and if Lamborghini keeps a V10 in it, that would be awesome too.

I like the name Cabrera too, not as much as Gallardo, but at least I won't have to constantly correct people's pronounciation of like I do with Gallardo.

7. Jahgee

Jahgee (Banned)

8. BobbyBRAKEaNek

BobbyBRAKEaNek

9. McLaren

McLaren Premium

So you haven't really liked a Lamborghini since the mid-90's? Or the Valentino Balboni/LP550-2?

10. BobbyBRAKEaNek

BobbyBRAKEaNek

B
    Balboni yes, Gallardo in general... No.

11. NoobMan DS

NoobMan DS Premium

Guys, have you seen these pictures? Anyway, they haven't been posted in this thread, so I guess I'll just drop them in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I suppose it's gonna look somewhat similar to this. See http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/frankfurt-motor-show/lamborghini-gallardo-replacement-new-pictures for more of the spy shots.

Here's how I deduced it.

Remember when the Aventador was still referred as the 834 before reveal, when its leaked pictures still show the car veiled in black? Like in this article, for example: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/10/lamborghini-shares-a-few-words-on-the-aventador-detroit-2011/

[​IMG]

And here are some spy shots when we still thought that the Murciélago replacement was gonna be called the Lamborghini Jota:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, the final production version looks very similar:

[​IMG]

12. QuikSlvr223

QuikSlvr223

I have a friend that pronounced Aventador like "Ayventayter." People will mess it up.

13. Turtle

Turtle

Well apparently I've been pronouncing it incorrectly too- the 'v' makes a 'b' noise. I've been completely messing up Murcielago too, pronouncing it like the accent is on the 'a' rather than the 'e'.

Those spy shots look good, those headlights are really eye-catching.

14. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Looks amazing! I can't wait. Looks a bit similar to the Vacca in GTAV.

15. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

Looks like a small Aventador. I like :)

16. ZEROX

ZEROX

Autobild render of the car:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But i supposed I'm more liking this one compare to the upper two:
    [​IMG]

Still, either of them are just renders nonetheless.

17. Turtle

Turtle

I'm not sure I like either of those renders, really. The top one looks like it's grinning- not very nice looking in my opinion. The back of it looks silly too, it's very blocky. The wheels don't help it either.

The second one is only a bit better, but it's just a mash up of the current Gallardo and the Sesto Elemento with a little bit of Aventador thrown in there.

18. ECGadget

ECGadget

Not too sure about the back end of the render. Quite like the lights on the green one, but prefer the grill/front skirts etc of the orange one, and the wheels.

19. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

Those renders look like an evolved Gallardo rather than a new model... Looks weird from behind but I actually like it...

20. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

I'm interested in whether the Cabrera will catch up to it's rivals where the Gallardo fell flat. The 458 and MP4-12C moved the goalposts in a significant fashion and the Gallardo struggled to keep up in it's old age. I'm also intrigued in how it can help evolve it's twin sister in the second-generation Audi R8.

legacyMACHINE likes this.
  21. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Since the R8 is based on the Gallardo. Could this new one be base on the Audi Nanuk or whatever it was called.

22. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Pretty unlikely, the aluminium spaceframe chassis and other components will probably be shared between the Cabrera and 2015 R8.

23. Slash

Slash Premium

The rear is odd looking but it screams Lamborghini.

24. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

There rear on the green one looks like a couple other cars I've seen, can't place which ones though. But if they are from the makes I think they are then yeah...I really hope they don't build that one and try to justify a 200k car out of it.

25. Ddrizle

Ddrizle

26. Beeblebrox237

Beeblebrox237 Premium

Sounds like they have a pretty smooth dual clutch gearbox in there.

27. R5

R5

As does the new Audi R8 facelift.

Coincidence? I'm having none of that

28. Beeblebrox237

Beeblebrox237 Premium

I'm not bothered; the R8 is brilliant.

29. R5

R5

I wasn't having a dig, I'm actually pleased the R8 is influencing the Gallareplacement LP-600ormaybe580-4ormaybe2wd :)

30. Beeblebrox237

Beeblebrox237 Premium

Sorry, it sounded like I thought you were having a dig, even though I know you weren't. It will be interesting to see just how close it is to the R8. LP-600 sounds about right, though :tup: