Lamborghini in GT5!

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 797 comments
What's the point of Modeling only the super expensive special edition of the Muira,Where is the cheaper regular edition . đź‘Ž

I was surprised by this decision as well, since the prototype one now featured in GT5 seems to be almost identical, although this also could lead to adding the production and SV version later on, using the same Premium model (with slight alterations).
Thing is, I imagine the prototype version also being one of those cars which might not have its colour changed using the Paint-Shop which (although the prototype comes in a nice colour in my view) would mean not seeing much variety online.

Yes, but my first choice would be the Espada.

Great taste and a good choice, since the Miura is included all we really, realistically need is a Premium Countach (the original LP400 which could form the base of later versions as well) and a front-engined one, the Espada to me is the only real contender for this spot (there are some other interesting ones like the Islero but if I had to choose, it would be the Espada).
Would love the LM002 as well and the current line-up is represented already (apart form the Reventon).

I notice many on this forum love the Diablo (and Ferrari F50 as well) and I gather this might be a generation thing as both these cars never did it for me unlike the Countach and F40 which I adored as a kid.
The original Diablo design proposal by Marcello Gandini looked almost exactly similar to the Cizeta V16 (which was featured in GT4) but was softened under Chrysler ownership prompting Gandini to sell the same design to Cizeta out of anger.
The Murcielago which has 2 version in GT5 is basically a restyled and further developed version of the Diablo anyway (and in my opinion much prettier) so plenty of the experience offered and shared between these 2 cars is there already, although this might not be of much comfort to a Diablo fan.

I was surprised by this decision as well, since the prototype one now featured in GT5 seems to be almost identical, although this also could lead to adding the production and SV version later on, using the same Premium model (with slight alterations).

There are many differences. The least important from a modelling point of view is one of the most important from a physics point of view - the prototype is an inch further from the ground.

There are many differences. The least important from a modelling point of view is one of the most important from a physics point of view - the prototype is an inch further from the ground.

Ah I see, although the physics can be redone independantly for the production model I guess but are the dimensions of the body that much different?
Shutlines few inches apart (of the body, not ground clearance) would perhaps mean remodelling the entire car, although with it being an Italian supercar from the sixties I reckon each production version being slightly different anyway (part joke, part truth).

Either way PD takes the "numbers" and enters them into the physics system, so every car regardless if its a 95 DC2 or 98 DC2 (which the latter is 10mm wider and has larger tires) they have to take the individual specs for each one.

The 70s SV had stiffer suspension lower ride height better brakes etc, all which they need the specs to. So in the end, they have to treat it like a new model.

Well, if they smell glue when you pick them up from the GT dealer you can safely say PD nailed the modelling of classic italian stallions. :dopey:

I know many people are upset by some absences like the Diablo or the Espada, but the Murci SV just cured my Lambo disease. And I honeslty wasn't expecting to see it, hence my satisfaction.

It looks like Lamborghini have been short changed in GT5. When I heard that Lamborghini was going to be GT5 I expected a full cars list, at least the most recent models and all permium cars. But there are lots of cars missing which I think should have been included from day one:

Diablo
Diablo GT
Diablo SE30
Diablo SV (I've actually driven one of these)
Diablo VT 6.0

Gallardo
Gallardo Spyder
Gallardo Superleggera
Gallardo GT3 Race Car (REITER Engineering)
Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder
Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni
Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
Gallardo Blancpain Super Trofeo Race Car
Gallardo LP570-4 Blancpain edition
Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder Performante
Gallardo LP560 GT3 Race Car (REITER Engineering)

Murcielago
Murcielago Roadster
Murcielago LP650-4 Roadster
Murcielago LP670 R-SV GT1 (REITER Engineering)

Concept S
Reventon
Reventon Roadster
Miura Concept (2006)
Estoque
Sesto Elemento

I have a feeling we are going to get stung for lots of DLC for GT5!

James

The Murcielago which has 2 version in GT5 is basically a restyled and further developed version of the Diablo anyway (and in my opinion much prettier) so plenty of the experience offered and shared between these 2 cars is there already, although this might not be of much comfort to a Diablo fan.

Really? Do we have a 2-wheel-drive Murcielago in GT?
Ever seen a drifting Diablo SV '95 on a Alps road? A Diablo VT or the other Audi creations are not that funny (weight and such things). The only Lambos from Audi with this character are; Diablo GT/GTR, Valentino Balboni Gallardo and the race versions from Reiter Engineering.. No, an '99 Diablo SV is to harmless compared to the '95 version.

And that is a very good reason to add such a mad car.

I can't see the point in adding, so many models from the Gallardo range.

A bit OTT perhaps, but would be nice to have them all included for completeness. Especially as it wouldn't take much effort (relatively to building a completely new model) to create the different versions by changing a couple of body panels and updating the physics.

There are 22 Mazda MX5s listed as being in the game, so having 12 Gallardos (including the LP560-4 that we already know about) is not that excessive in my opinion, but everyone will have different priorities.

Of the cars I listed its the Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera and Gallardo LP560 GT3 Race Car (REITER Engineering) that I really want to see included.

James

Yes i'm sure pd could have had the Superleggerra Spider which was revealed a few days ago in :ouch:

It would have been a bit quick for sure, but the Superleggerra Spider didn't just materialise a few days ago, it has been in development for several months, so plenty of time for PD to create a model for it if they were so inclined.

Didn't a couple of manufacturers (Lotus Evora comes to mind but I could be wrong) actually use GT5P to launch / preview new cars. Where there is a will on both sides there is a way to make it happen, but not in this case unfortunately.

Having gone back to the car list there is a real lack of recent cars in GT5 full stop, which is strange as I would have expected that manufacturers would have been keen to profile their latest models in the game.

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have good screens of the Countach in the game? Love the car can't seem to catch a look of one yet except for that Tokyo freeway shot where it looked like a 25th anniversary just crashed.

So awesome to race them (Lambos) but I am saddened that the selection is small, and some of my favorite cars aren't in the game (CCX-R). No Diablo SV-TT in GT5 yet, this makes me really sad. Prolly the sickest Lamborghini ever made. Well after the Diablo 6.0 GTR.

Just saw the Nomad Diablo in the used car lot,

Lvl 21 required to purchase, $721,000

Hope it comes back around quickly when I can buy it :(

Oh yes, the demo function has never been put to better use. Love watching this thing tear through the country side!

Last edited:
Just saw the Nomad Diablo in the used car lot,

Lvl 21 required to purchase, $721,000

Hope it comes back around quickly when I can buy it :(

Oh yes, the demo function has never been put to better use. Love watching this thing tear through the country side!

We need a used car day guide.

Just read the Description of the Murci SV, and they've said the Super Velonce name returned and hasn't been used since the Jota?...:boggled: First, there was a Miura SV and a Miura Jota, no Jota SV. Secondly, what about the Diablo SV? No wonder Diablos were shunned.

Back