SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
upload_2016-3-2_11-40-30.png

Figured a thread dedicated to this would keep the other threads more organized...

So, to keep it simple: each week, there will be a new weekly Rivals event, and a new weekly League. The big prize that folks will have their eye on? The 2015 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Hurácan LP620-2 Super Trofeo. During March, the way to win it is to collect three different Gallardo Super Trofeos (there are six available, two each week):

Rivals Bronze Variant Livery Gallardo Super Trofeo - Set a clean lap in weekly Rivals event
Rivals Silver Variant Livery Gallardo Super Trofeo - Finish in the top 15% of weekly Rivals event
Rivals Gold Variant Livery Gallardo Super Trofeo - Finish in the top 5% of weekly Rivals event
League Variant Livery GMG Racing Super Trofeo - Finish in the top 50% of weekly League

Note that finishing in the top 5% does not award you with all three Rivals variants. You can get only one per week from that event, and one from Leagues.

So, say this first week, you set a time in the top 12% on the Rivals event (which close each Monday) and finish in the top half of the League. Ta-da! You've just won two, which means you need just one more to get the Hurácan at the end of Season 1, which ends March 22.

Season 2 (March 22 - April 12) will focus on that prize car, utilizing it for all the events. They'll be set up the same as Season 1, with special liveries for the Hurácan instead of the Gallardo up for grabs. Those players that finish with a full set of six Hurácan variants will receive a seventh, unique version.

Yes, your garage will be bursting with Lambos by the time this is all done.

Wow, so that's this months rivals challenge. Okay, now this is a monthly challenge that I can enjoy! :D
This will boost my Lamborghini affinity for sure.

Down to a 1:52.881. The lap invalidation is very generous on that 2nd chicane. I'm seeing people blatantly cut straight through it and still get a clean lap.

I'll be trying to get all of the variants, and then pick my favourites to keep if they look nice.

To those who care about the liveries, Triton posted this:
Will be cool to see people racing with their Gold, Silver or Bronze cars and in what week they were earned. You will be able to tell from the liveries.

Implying that the liveries for gold, silver and bronze will be noticeably different each week.

--

Reached a 1:50.6 with my first set of laps without cutting the chicanes, it's unfortunate the boundaries on this track are so lenient, it really takes away a lot of the fun of running it in rivals.

Yeah, my current time (1:51.5) looked dirty at the last chicane, as I had a small mistake, but it apparently was clean. I'll be looking to improve it a bit anyway.

Is the garage limit 600? I'll have to double-check I've got room for all the incoming prizes. :lol:

Yeah, my current time (1:51.5) looked dirty at the last chicane, as I had a small mistake, but it apparently was clean. I'll be looking to improve it a bit anyway.

Is the garage limit 600? I'll have to double-check I've got room for all the incoming prizes. :lol:
Yes garage limit is 600. I just ran two laps to get a clean one in at 1:56:xxx. I may try more, I may not. Lol

So if I've read this correctly, If I get a clean lap for Bronze, in the top 15% for the Silver and top 50% for the League without trying for the Gold, I would still get the Huracan?

Last edited:
So if I've read this correctly, If I get a clean lap for Bronze, in the top 15% for the Silver and top 50% for the League without trying for the Gold, I would still get the Huracan?
You'll only get one of gold/silver/bronze for each rivals event. You can't get multiples. If you get in the top 15% in rivals say, you would get the silver and not the bronze. There will be 3 different rivals events in season one, and 3 different league events. The easiest way with almost zero effort to get the car, is just to run a clean lap in each of the rivals events for bronze. Leagues are really just optional if you want the different liveries.

Season two, you can still just get clean laps in the the three Rival Events for three easy bronzes. However you will have to get top 50% in the three league events for the other three liveries, to get a total of six. Season 2 is really for the special livery, the car is season ones award. So a very easy way to get a cool car. :)

Apparently Turn 10 had Stephen Hawking write the explanation for this. :lol:

Last edited:
The curbs seems very generous here.

So I can just put a clean lap around each track in the three rivals events to get the required cars? Seems far too easy, considering that the Vantage could only be a guaranteed win if you got in the top 2% of times or something similar...

10 laps and got a 1:50.783. Top 3% at the moment. I'm sure I'll have to run it again to stay in the top 5% by the end of the week though.

Down to a 1:52.104.
Argh, trying to chase you down is tough @SlipZtrEm. :lol:
How are you carrying so much speed exiting the 1st chicane?

Low entry speed. Seriously! The Lambo seems very prone to understeer if you're even slightly too hot going into turns, so I just make sure to get it turned in at a low speed so I can floor it earlier!

Is tuning allowed or is it all stock?
Stock. Even if you own the Dragonspeed Gallardo, they force you to use a rental. You can't tune it or upgrade it at all. The only thing you can do is select a color for it before you take to the track. I've heard that they're going to be allowing tuning in some of the events though, but this one? Nope.

Stock. Even if you own the Dragonspeed Gallardo, they force you to use a rental. You can't tune it or upgrade it at all. The only thing you can do is select a color for it before you take to the track. I've heard that they're going to be allowing tuning in some of the events though, but this one? Nope.

Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it 👍

This is the first bit of racing I've done out of career mode. To be honest I've only been drifting on forza for the last couple of months so I sure am rusty putting down fast laps. I've switched to manual with clutch while drifting but I'm definitely having some trouble adjusting to it while racing, I just can't brake and hit the clutch at the same time. I'm not really a Lamborghini fan but this is a really fun challenge to get back into it, hopefully I can get some time in and at least post some competitive times with you guys

One run (9 laps) down and I have a 1:51.357 on the board.
I know there is another 4 tenths in it for me as I've had a lap where I was up in the first sector by 2 tenths and I did a pretty crap job of getting through the Ascari chicane (as usual).

Hopefully do some league races in between the V8 Supercars telecast and win me a bunch of Lambo's :P

This is the first bit of racing I've done out of career mode. To be honest I've only been drifting on forza for the last couple of months so I sure am rusty putting down fast laps. I've switched to manual with clutch while drifting but I'm definitely having some trouble adjusting to it while racing, I just can't brake and hit the clutch at the same time. I'm not really a Lamborghini fan but this is a really fun challenge to get back into it, hopefully I can get some time in and at least post some competitive times with you guys

Have you changed the controls so the clutch is the A button instead? If not do that, makes manual + clutch much easier, too easy tbh as then it is just pressing two buttons that are right next to each at the same time.

Just inside the 5% now with a 1:51.249.

Took as much liberties with the kerbs as my talent would allow and I did a 1:53.7 after several laps. I think there's time to be found at Variante Roggia and Ascari if I could brake a bit later.

What are the normal sort of braking points for those chicanes?

Took as much liberties with the kerbs as my talent would allow and I did a 1:53.7 after several laps. I think there's time to be found at Variante Roggia and Ascari if I could brake a bit later.

What are the normal sort of braking points for those chicanes?
Chicane 1 at the 150m mark. Double tap on the brake.
Chicane 2 under the bridge is the breaking point.

Chicane 3 under the banner before the corner.

This has got to be my least favorite car/track combo. The car I've always had a problem with, I just hate the amount of grip it has, it doesn't have much character in my opinion. I had more of a fight with my pad than I did with the car.

I managed a 1:51.057 in a ten lap stint, with definite room to spare. Pad acted up on the end of the last lap and I couldn't be bothered to go through a whole dirty lap after that. Still though, it seems easy enough to get the prize this time so I can live with the problems.

Woohoo! 20 something laps and I'm in the top 13%. 1:52:160. And the 1st and 2ND chicane are the issue but I know I could take them better.

EDIT

Two more questions if I may. So this is the first week first event right, when does the next event start - Next Monday? And what sort of lap time is a top 5% ?

Really don't think I can do better than top 13% but I'll try next week. Would really love a gold livery. I'm still using my controller uncalibrated so dunno if I can make it any better.

I bet you can get better map times with a wheel.

Last edited:
Chucked it back on manual with clutch and did one more flying lap to get inside the gold (top 3% for me) with a 1:50.682 which is 313th at the moment.

Was up by 3tenths before I binned at Ascari, again. But that time should have me safe for week one.

Woohoo! 20 something laps and I'm in the top 13%. 1:52:160. And the 1st and 2ND chicane are the issue but I know I could take them better.

EDIT

Two more questions if I may. So this is the first week first event right, when does the next event start - Next Monday? And what sort of lap time is a top 5% ?

Really don't think I can do better than top 13% but I'll try next week. Would really love a gold livery. I'm still using my controller uncalibrated so dunno if I can make it any better.

I bet you can get better map times with a wheel.
10,270 players means the top 5% is around the 500 mark. That's about a 1:51.1 at the moment but getting into the 50's should be enough for week one.

Season 1 is from March 2nd to 22nd. So I'd assume week one is 2-9, week two is 9-16 and week 3 is 16-22.

Season two is from March 22nd to April 12th.

Edit: 500th on the leaderboards is PeuAPost with a 1:51.115 at the time of this post.

Chucked it back on manual with clutch and did one more flying lap to get inside the gold (top 3% for me) with a 1:50.682 which is 313th at the moment.

Was up by 3tenths before I binned at Ascari, again. But that time should have me safe for week one.

10,270 players means the top 5% is around the 500 mark. That's about a 1:51.1 at the moment but getting into the 50's should be enough for week one.

Season 1 is from March 2nd to 22nd. So I'd assume week one is 2-9, week two is 9-16 and week 3 is 16-22.

Season two is from March 22nd to April 12th.

Edit: 500th on the leaderboards is PeuAPost with a 1:51.115 at the time of this post.

Ahh thanks. I'll keep at it over the weekend. Because my time is a low 1:52 I should be able to get a 1:51 if I work harder and do more laps. It must of taken 30-40 laps to get my time last night. A lot of laps were wasted by just screwing up first chicane. Even if you just scrape the insid curb it invalidates your lap so it's not very forgiving. The second chicane is pretty forgiving though.

Back