Land mines (when, where, how)

United States
United States
Countingframes
I noticed these are still here, but they behave differently now.
I'll usually run close to or through them a couple times befor a large crash with the invisible land mine, but it no longer wrecks the car. It's like they have solved the wreck part by resetting the car or something.
Same crash into nothing and full stop otherwise.
The replay I watched last night showed my headlights shut off and car die, only to restart a second later automatically and let me continue from my full stop.
Anyone else noticed this and still running into land mines?

Still happens.
In fact the 4 big issues are still there .
1 .landmines .
2 .crash to main screen .
3 .grinding off wheel T300 RS .
4 .Online
Not even in the mood anymore to report .
With in 6 month's a new race sim will come to
the console so let's hope for the best and better .

True dat. I grew up in gran turismo. But pcars does have a solid experience under the hood. Even if it does sputter like an Alfa Romeo sometimes.
Maybe it's just the t300 upgrade from my old DFGT. But it's next gen at least.
I agree though. Gt7 can't get here soon enough. And I hope they hit a home run.

Still happens.
In fact the 4 big issues are still there .
1 .landmines .
2 .crash to main screen .
3 .grinding off wheel T300 RS .
4 .Online
Not even in the mood anymore to report .
With in 6 month's a new race sim will come to
the console so let's hope for the best and better .

Grinding off? Please elaborate?

I haven't run into a single one of these "land mines". I sort of want to just to see what happens

I noticed these are still here, but they behave differently now.

What platform are you on? I have never hit a land mine on PC but am considering adding the PS4/pCars combo sooner than later now that it looks like there's a legit workaround for using the G27, and gtSport is happening next year.

Oooooo I forgot , before I get the whole PC family over my shoulders I'm on PS4 .
It seems to be that the issues that I mention are much more for the 2 consoles than for the PC .

There is a bug that sometimes an old canned effect shows up and it feels like your wheel is grinding when you turn. Can happen all all FFB wheels and shows up in the FFB telemetry window as an extra line.

Yeah. I've had that before. Requires a reset or restart. Squiggly line on force feedback telemetry that looks like a sound wave and keeps going. Annoying, but haven't had that for awhile.

What platform are you on? I have never hit a land mine on PC but am considering adding the PS4/pCars combo sooner than later now that it looks like there's a legit workaround for using the G27, and gtSport is happening next year.

Ps4, but the PC guys always assure me at the Pcars forums that they have the same issues.
They get all defensive when you call it a bad port. All three builds are buggy and unstable according to them. But I still think Xbox got it the worst. Ps4 is slightly better, but the issues are present in all builds.

There is a bug that sometimes an old canned effect shows up and it feels like your wheel is grinding when you turn. Can happen all all FFB wheels and shows up in the FFB telemetry window as an extra line.
They call it clipping, when the wheel does that. Its happened to me many with my T300/PS4.

They call it clipping, when the wheel does that. Its happened to me many with my T300/PS4.

Clipping is different .. that is when you have too many forces in the signal and it is maxing out on the FFB telemetry clipping the peaks. Or there is at the wheel clipping meaning you are sending more force to your wheel then it can handle. Which can cause a weird feeling.

Clipping is different .. that is when you have too many forces in the signal and it is maxing out on the FFB telemetry clipping the peaks. Or there is at the wheel clipping meaning you are sending more force to your wheel then it can handle. Which can cause a weird feeling.

When it was happening, people were calling it "clipping".

When it was happening, people were calling it "clipping".

Yeah I have seen the terms mixed up, I think I mixed them up as well. I only learned the term clipping because of project cars working with people on the FFB settings for the T300.

Speaking of that bug... I had it this morning while running online races. Was annoying because I put in the 10mins of qualifying got pole.. started the race and had to live with it for the race. Every corner felt like there was a giant vibrator being turned on that was attached to the steering column. Good thing it was only a 6 lap race around Oulton Park Fosters.

I haven't run into a single one of these "land mines". I sort of want to just to see what happens

Go to Oulton Park or even better Snetterton in the older LMPs (Audi R8, BMW LMR V12 etc) and on the first corner of both tracks the AI cars occasionally appear to hit something very solid.

At Snetterton I had a 6 lap race and four out of the ten cars in the race were retired in the pitlane by the end!

Ps4, but the PC guys always assure me at the Pcars forums that they have the same issues.
They get all defensive when you call it a bad port. All three builds are buggy and unstable according to them. But I still think Xbox got it the worst. Ps4 is slightly better, but the issues are present in all builds.

well as a PC user I can confirm the PC version does have the same thing. The last one I had was at the Foxhole on Nordschleife PCars version 5.

I haven't played it since.

I don't have the game yet but do they happen in pc, console or both?

both

It's always a right hander.
Has to be an issue with the suspension geometry changing. I think they changed the values for suspension settings to only even numbers for this reason.
Still happens though.
So janky.

It's always a right hander.
Has to be an issue with the suspension geometry changing. I think they changed the values for suspension settings to only even numbers for this reason.
Still happens though.
So janky.
I was using stock setup , whatever they are. Like you said, still happens though, and So janky, lol.

Haha. I have not had a huge incident with one in a while, but I can feel it try to creep in with a small impact every once in a while. Always a right. They have definitely done some work to limit it, without squashing it completely yet.

Hit my first landmine on the Nurburgring last night. Turning into a low speed corner and suddenly a massive jolt on the wheel and the back end of the car was in the air. Initially i thought some psycho had smashed into me... but no, had a look and there was no one to be seen.
I don't know if it's just me but the freezing and crashing back to the PS menu is a lot more prevalent now than when i first got the game.

Land mine at the exit of the first corner of Brands Hatch GP in a R8 V10 Plus and then just before Paddock Hill bend. Every single lap this afternoon. I gave up on lap 3...
(I'm on PS4)

Latest Posts

Back