Lap 2 freezing

  • Thread starter Thread starter SHaDe-
  • 16 comments
  • 919 views
Messages
81
Messages
xSeNSaTioN-_
My GT5 keeps freezing when I get to lap 2 of any race. The disc is spotless, and I dont have any issues navigating menus or anything. Is it a glitch?
 
Back up your save.

Shutdown and reboot. See if that works. If not, reinstall the game.
 
Guess I'm gonna have to, those updates will take forever. Has anyone else had this?
 
Nah you shouldn't have to update again (I might be wrong here). Just go to options | and reinstall the tracks and the cars. Should take like 40 minutes (depending on harddrive speed). Something seems to be corrupted.
 
Thanks. Think I might just trade it for Shift 2 though. It doesn't hold the magic older GT games did for me.

I do find it very weird as well I'm the only one suffering this. Thanks for your help snowmanimal.
 
My GT5 keeps freezing when I get to lap 2 of any race. The disc is spotless, and I dont have any issues navigating menus or anything. Is it a glitch?

I think I saw someone else mention this not that long ago...can't remember how they said they fixed it if at all....

Thanks. Think I might just trade it for Shift 2 though. It doesn't hold the magic older GT games did for me.

I do find it very weird as well I'm the only one suffering this. Thanks for your help snowmanimal.

don't do this ^^^^ :sick:
 
I tried deleting the in game install data. Made no difference. It's a £40 coaster now =/.

Virtuoso, you don't have a link to the thread do you? My searches can't find anything.
 
I've seemed to fix it by deleting the Game Data Utility from the XMB. I disabled internet to get around the updates, and it worked fine. Gonna download the patches and see if it still works tomorrow.
 
Are you running a custom soundtrack? That can cause a hard freeze several minutes into the race. The only fix for that is to disable the custom soundtrack and run the standard soundtrack.
 
hi, you are probably in "arcade mode", switch to "GT mode" and get into the real action!!! The default on arcade mode is 2 laps (which you can change)
 
Jet Pilot - When I tested it at version 1.00 I was using a custom soundtrack and it worked ok.
 
Glad to know that it worked out. I'll remember this if it does ever happen to me. Thanks for sharing your success.
 
Chris Speed - Are you joking?

Thanks Snow. My nets being bitchy atm, wont download the patches so I'm offline until I sort that lol.
 
All patches updated but now I'm getting that "You need 32mb space" error.

Google tells me this is because my save is incompatible. I've added & removed over 4GB, no joy. If its really had it, I will be selling GT5.
 
Sold it. Shift 2 is better.
 
Are you running a custom soundtrack? That can cause a hard freeze several minutes into the race. The only fix for that is to disable the custom soundtrack and run the standard soundtrack.
this happened to me a few months ago. It works too
 
Back