Laptop Keyboard instead of USB Keyboard

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wyvern_64
  • 6 comments
  • 2,947 views

Wyvern_64

Premium
Messages
649
United States
Cal Poly SLO CA
Messages
Wyvern_64
Is there a way to connect my laptop to my PS3 instead of just a USB keyboard?

The only USB cable I have is like this, would something like this work? Anyone try this before?
 
If you've got a VAIO, yes. Sony have made a simple bluetooth application. I use it with my laptop and PS3. Pretty sure there's a modified version floating out there, for any bluetooth compatible PC.

It's called Remote Keyboard for PS3
 
Is there a way to connect my laptop to my PS3 instead of just a USB keyboard?

The only USB cable I have is like this, would something like this work? Anyone try this before?

first one is just an extension, second is a regular usb cable.
 
USB keyboards are only 3 or 4 pounds in the UK, you can get something smaller for a bit more money (IT logic :D ). It's probably simpler, easier and cheaper than faffing with the laptop.
 
I've just bought one of these - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/222811

Bluetooth keyboard, which actually works rather well with the PS3. Still working out how to get the built-in mouse working though.
 
Is there a way to connect my laptop to my PS3 instead of just a USB keyboard?

The only USB cable I have is like this, would something like this work? Anyone try this before?

Never do that, you'll burn both USB ports.
 
I didn't want stuff lying all over the place in my family room (head set, controllers, gaming rig, etc) so I got a small keyboard to mount on the controller:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ENPDJA/?tag=gtplanet-20
51xvISXjIIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg


41fhM0KA7cL.jpg
 
Back