Last Letter, First Love Ch. 7 The Mach 1

• Thread starter fbccars924
  • 34 comments
CH 7. The Mach 1

*In a hotel room in Rural Maine*
*Bang bang bang*
Taylor: (groggily) huh, wuh, oh, Ok ok I'm up. *opens door* I thought we were off today?
Dad: We are but I don't doubt you'd wanna check out the road and early morining is the time to do it.
Taylor: If you say so. Gimme a minute and I'll be ready.
Dad: I'll be in your car waiting.
Taylor: Am I driving your car?
Dad: :lol: no, but there is no sense in taking both just yet, besides I'm gonna be out alone with it tonight tuning.
Taylor: Ok?
* Gets dressed*
Dad: What the 🤬 are you thinking?
Taylor: *puzzled* what?
Dad: It's 9 A.M. and you're under 21. You shouldn't be drinking let alone drinking and driving!!!
Taylor: I know. It's just a Energy Drink. No Alcohol.
Dad: Looks like a tall boy to me.
Taylor: nope, 100% alcohol free, try it.
Dad: *takes a sip* Woah, thats got a bite to it!
Taylor: It's an acquired taste, what can I say.
Dad: :lol: So is beer
Taylor: Oh haha. Lets go.
7aol.jpg

Dad: Looks good out today. Let's get up to the other side of the sharp hill. See what turns up.
Taylor: Yeah, Sounds good
Dad: She rides a bit stiffer now. Haven't been in her since the new suspension
Taylor: Yeah, I like it because it's not too stiff but it helps with body roll and road handling. It also helps with the dipping and extending on acceleration and braking.
Dad: Yeah, she did kinda handle like a barge.
Taylor: A bit of an overstatement but she didn't handle like she should have, but, worn out shocks and bushings make even the best cars into, as you put it, Barges.
4xdt.jpg

Dad: *chuckles* yeah, that is true, which reminds me we need new shocks on the work truck.
Taylor: Ok? for what that thing is a barge on wheels.
Dad: :lol: good one, but shocks also help smooth the ride out so when we haul sheet rock or concrete board, we're less likely to break them.
Taylor: Oh I see.
Dad: Almost there though, wow there are a lot of people out today.
Taylor: Yeah, kind of nerve racking.
Dad: Don't take this the wrong way but I doubt they're here to see you.
Taylor: Yeah, My Z is nice but not that nice.
n7ej.jpg

Dad: park here, I have a feeling we'll find out whats up before long.
Taylor: Ok.
*engine noise in the distance*
Taylor: Do you hear that?
9nta.jpg

Dad: Yeah, what ever it is, it sounds like a monster.
Taylor: Best guess, American V8, possibly Small block?
jdfz.jpg

Dad: Sounds about right
Taylor: It's coming quick.
Dad: I saw something yellow come around the corkscrew
Taylor: I did, Holy 🤬

hwao.jpg

Dad: Wow, that's the most air I have ever seen coming off that hill. Atleast, with out really messing up the car.
Taylor: I know, that was even higher than the jump that toasted the Supra.
Dad: Well the supra's frame was on it's way out being rusted to almost nothing by that time.
Taylor: True, by the way I was right, that's a Mach 1, and by the sound of it it still has the 351 Cleveland in it.
Dad: Yea, but I highly doubt much of it is Ford OEM any more.
Taylor: Sounds like a racecar. Wait he parked just a little way further down the road.
id7b.jpg

Taylor: Aside from the lowering and wheels it looks stock from here.
Dad: Yea, but don't judge a book by it's cover and don't judge a beast by it's looks.
Taylor: Well, let's talk to the guy.
azu2.jpg

Taylor: Hey, nice car
Driver: Thanks, she's a beast.
Taylor: I'm Taylor
Driver: I'm Mikko.(pronounced Me-Co)
Taylor: Bet it took a while to build.
Mikko: Not really, The car was Cherry and I had the 351 mostly built when I got her.
*Taylor, Slyly looks to his dad*
Dad: Ok, you were right.
Mikko: Huh?
Taylor: I called the engine type and size as you drove by just from the sound.
Mikko: Not bad, Especially considering this car is very far from stock.
Taylor: How far if I may ask?
Mikko: Frame Stiffening, and custom race suspension as far as the car it's self. Engine wise it's got a Custom built 351 Cleveland with reinforced mains, High performance lightweight low compression pistons, Jon Kaase Cobra Jet style heads gasket matched and polished with a Weiand Supercharger all adding up to 728hp and 820ft/lbs of torque. It's got a custom built Borg Warner T-5 as well to handle all the power.
Taylor: Well, that explains the air time you got. Sounds like a car Jeremy Clarkson would bust one over.
Mikko: Well, The tranny is acting funny in 5th so I can only get going so fast.
Taylor: What's the issue?
Mikko: pops out of 5th when I get on it and there is no use holding it in because it'll just tear up the trans. It's probably just a synchro or the linkage.
Dad: Well, we gotta go, it was nice meeting you and your car Mikko.
Mikko: Yup, see you around.
End Ch7.

Yeah, It's one of a few Mustangs I like. Not a big Ford guy. I do like this Chapter better than the one I initially had planned. I do still plan on having a race held at The Cape, Just I don't think the Z or any of the current Hero cars will have a part in this particular race.

^well, In all fairness i love both and for the sake of simplicity the Mach 1 won't be around long, but Mikko might be. I have a pretty spectacular end for the Mach 1 in mind.

Back