Latest F1 2019 Screenshots Show Off Night Improvements

They really nailed that lighting. Looks so good. I think lighting is the most important graphical aspect in racing games today. Car models and track details are already good enough to be considered photo-realistic, but what makes a difference is the lighting.

The lighting is astonishing. :drool: Maybe the GT series is in line to lose its crown in that area...

VBR
The lighting is astonishing. :drool: Maybe the GT series is in line to lose its crown in that area...

I wouldn't go this far but a big advantage for F1 series is dynamic weather system and lighting conditions due to changing clouds. Some tracks even have a dynamic time of day.

It would be good to see a comparison to F1 2017, on the OG XBOX 2018 was definitely a step down so hopefully the upgrades will carry over to the lesser machine. The paints look a lot better too, in 2018 the Mercedes looked a gloss blue-grey as did the 2008 McLaren. The whole game seemed to have a cooler filter and was less sharp.

They really nailed that lighting. Looks so good. I think lighting is the most important graphical aspect in racing games today. Car models and track details are already good enough to be considered photo-realistic, but what makes a difference is the lighting.
I agree with everything, except the track details. Those aren't photorealistic in any racing game just yet.

If you look at the progress from 1982 I'm sure we will get there sooner than you think.
cflag.jpg
Gran-Turismo-Sport-PS4-Pro.jpg

I agree with everything, except the track details. Those aren't photorealistic in any racing game just yet.

The thing is... how much do you notice when driving the car at high speed? At least we already have a high level of track detail in games like ACC, GTS and F1. Of course there is always room for improvement.

The thing is... how much do you notice when driving the car at high speed?
I don't think its difficult. For one, most tracks don't allow you to drive with high speed the majority of time and on an 4K tv there is no racing game currently that can trick me.

Back