Latest GT Sport Build Shows Updated HUD and Settings Menu

My mates and I are going nuts over all of these small new details that are being added into the latest build. A list of things we caught that (I believe) were not mentioned are as follows:

BoP Option
Forza-esque rating on Top Speed, Acceleration, Braking, Cornering, Stability
Torque Distribution (whilst driving)
Apparent multi-class

Also, did I mention those LOVELY trees?

The more news that comes out on this game gets me more hyped up, and the more I look forward to getting my hands on this new jewel!

Personally I don't want more and more added to the HUD.

PD can we please have UDP apps like Pcars, AC and F1 so i can run without the HUD.
If it's anything like how GT6 did it, you can probably do that

Hey guys does anyone notice the arrows pointing left and right under the speed/gear thingy on the HUD? They look like indication arrows, like in a real car...

Please, tell me I'm not the only one who had a slimer of hope of seeing the Logitech G27 mentioned on the article once it started listing the wheels that appeared on the menus. And then, of course, the sudden realization Sony/PoDi is going ahead with this massive idiocy of not supporting previous wheels.

Oh well, I guess Gran Turismo is a game only for people who can afford to throw $250 of peripherals into the trash every four years 👎.

upload_2017-3-11_21-36-28.png

one line of pretty trees and behind them is this...

View attachment 633431
one line of pretty trees and behind them is this...
I would prefer smoother frame rates than focusing on background detail that's out of my line of sight. I really don't think that at 125 Mph you'd notice as it only appears like that for a split second. Even in your image there's more than just the one row before the back row.
The full picture (I know where I focus when I'm racing):
Capture.JPG

Less than 1 second before:
Capture w.JPG

Less than 1 second after:
Capture c.JPG

And back on topic, I'm really liking the new Hud. Hopefully we get some customization, I don't need a track map of Nurburgring, or any other track map for that matter to know where I am at this stage of my sim racing career (but I understand others might).

Last edited:
Please, tell me I'm not the only one who had a slimer of hope of seeing the Logitech G27 mentioned on the article once it started listing the wheels that appeared on the menus.

Wpgxq.gif

???

And then, of course, the sudden realization Sony/PoDi is going ahead with this massive idiocy of not supporting previous wheels. Oh well, I guess Gran Turismo is a game only for people who can afford to throw $250 of peripherals into the trash every four years 👎.

Sudden? The writing's been on the wall with this generation pretty much since it started in 2013. It's completely out of PD's hands too — though there are workarounds.

I wonder if there is any tuning parts that can be used.
I think availability will be determined on what mode you are racing in.
I expect tuning parts such as diff, gearbox, suspension, etc. to be available for online lobbies.
I'm also thinking tuned cars like that can be run in Arcade mode via your garage.
Sport mode I'm less confident, which could be a shame, as tuning to suit your driving style and get the most out of the car seems a part of the process to me.
Eg, I hope I can tune my car for daily race events, but perhaps official FIA events will be drive the car you're given.
Time will tell though.

I doubt we'll see stage 3 turbos, stage 3 weight reduction, or other major power to weight options available though, regardless of the mode.
But other options such as ballast and power limiters seem on the cards to me.

Last edited:
I think having two maps in single race mode is redundant. One of the HUD elements they keep down below should be placed in the upper-left part of the screen.

Personally I don't want more and more added to the HUD.

PD can we please have UDP apps like Pcars, AC and F1 so i can run without the HUD.
In total agreement that UDP apps really add to the experience, I get the feeling that PD "protect their code" and that they would frown on 3rd party's working with it, this is my impression obviously and based in no fact whatsoever and I hope I'm proved wrong.

In total agreement that UDP apps really add to the experience, I get the feeling that PD "protect their code" and that they would frown on 3rd party's working with it, this is my impression obviously and based in no fact whatsoever and I hope I'm proved wrong.
The other option is that PD create an app themselves, i would however like them to just open a UDP feed for all.

The likes of crew chief are a great example of what can be done with it.

Back