Latest GT Sport Off-Screen Video Shows Horse Thief Mile & Improved Sounds

The hardware is limited though. It simply may not be possible to have large fields of AI, complicated physics and extremely detailed, very high poly car models + DC level of graphics. Tradeoffs must be made and, in any game calling itself a sim, some of those tradeoffs must be made towards larger car fields and more complicated physics.

Not denying that. With todays tech, you either have amazing graphics and compromise or lesser graphics and maximise on other things. Fully aware of that.

Just saying that visually, nothing has managed to reach DRIBECLUB levels of detail.

I'm confident my next poop will not smell as bad as the poop i took today. Basically it is not hard to sound better than GT6. PDI should be hitting the ball out of the park after their last two turds and not simple just a little better. This is enough for me to believe GT is as we knew it is never coming back.

Do you honestly believe that they can compete with other sim in terms of sound simulations? I've already lower my expectation with the sound after hearing it at copper box, that's why as long as it's sound better than GT6, It's fine by me.

I agree with everything, problem is that there are too good of racing games that provide amazing visuals as well as Audio, just look at Pcars, Forza, AC, Driveclub.

For me GT is a no go area for me, I bought GT6 and have not played it for some time now and don't intend to either. Doesn't give me the joy when I know what the cars should sound like and is upsetting.

PD seem to be stuck in their own ways and only thing they are good are the visuals but visuals dont really make a good game especially in driving games, it's all about immersive sound to help you feel that you are driving a V8 or muscle car, and not some half baked engine sounds.

SVX
The biggest thing to note about that Subaru clip - Subaru race cars don't sound like that. The sound sample is very obviously a clip from an unequal length header design, which is used on the road car. The last car I can think of to have had unequal length headers in motorsport would be the GC8.
In this case, you can literally change two numbers and it'll sound how you expect it should. ;)

Do you honestly believe that they can compete with other sim in terms of sound simulations?
Well obviously i dont, but It's also clear they aren't even trying at this point.

EVERYTHING MUST SOUND PERFECT OR ELSE IT'S THE WORST GAME EVER
Perfect? It's a triple A game for crying out loud, the sounds are the laughing stock of the industry. Acceptable and convincing (as well as no copy pasted sounds ) sounds would be a good start. The sounds, the AI, the career mode, the credit system is what makes it the worst game. Lets see if any of those are acceptable in GTS ( Well there's one fail already with offline ) before you claim people expect perfection, From the "perfectionist" Kaz might i add.

Christs sake what is wrong with driving aids when you can just turn them off
Except when PD forces skid force recovery on or whatever it was called. Everyone remembers that right?

Perfect? It's a triple A game for crying out loud, the sounds are the laughing stock of the industry. Acceptable and convincing (as well as no copy pasted sounds ) sounds would be a good start. The sounds, the AI, the career mode, the credit system is what makes it the worst game. Lets see if any of those are acceptable in GTS ( Well there's one fail already with offline ) before you claim people expect perfection, From the "perfectionist" Kaz might i add.

Whooshing so hard a tree fell over

Shhhh, don't give PD any ideas. We haven't heard about how the PS4 Pro just isn't powerful enough, yet.

But it's not powerful enough. It's also very complicated to program for, and it turned up in the middle of the development cycle and Polyphony had no way of knowing it was coming before it was announced to the public.

Also, it's unfair to compare Gran Turismo to any game made after 1978, because the price of corn chips went down in Vladivostok.

:lol::cheers:

Looks like I'm going to have to keep the batteries in my sarcasm detector fully charged for this thread:sly:

Looks like I'm going to have to keep the batteries in my sarcasm detector fully charged for this thread:sly:
You're gonna need this as well

mophie_juice_pack_powerstation_backup_battery_4.jpg

Posting about batteries, I saw my first i8 about 20minutes ago. Cool car. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

My favorite part of GTplanet is seeing the actual evolution of Gran Turismo! Cant wait to try it out with T300 integral ferrari alcantara! they should start to release it soon, you just cant keep wild animals in cages for so long, release the beast!

All I have to say is, if anyone knows Kaz' email, please redirect all PS5 info to "Trash" before he sees it.

PS1: 1994
PS2: 2000
PS3: 2006
PS4: 2013
PS5: ~2019? Maybe 2020?

They haven't exactly got ages left if they want to put a game out on PS4. And I don't see any way they get two games out this gen unless Sony stretches PS4 Pro for a really long time. But with Scorpio coming, probably not.

I'd say 2019. Kaz will do his usual, "We'll keep playing GTS until we get tired and then we'll bring out GT_. HEH HEH. HAHA. Squirrel!"

They haven't exactly got ages left if they want to put a game out on PS4. And I don't see any way they get two games out this gen unless Sony stretches PS4 Pro for a really long time. But with Scorpio coming, probably not.
That would likely mean GT7/8 wont hit the PS5 at least 3 years into its cycle, or when Forza 11 hits.

It's a good point, this is probably a good reason to make this game actually deliver on the promise of being modular / massively expandable to get lots of content out and claw back some revenue from the single "release".

This is the first GT sport video where I noticed the new driving aid of apex indicators (the green triangles). I don't know if other games have given an alternative to a driving line approach, but this apex indicator seems like a refreshing way to try and learn the racing line, rather than just sticking to a virtual line.

I think the graphics look immersive, lighting looks spot on. I don't mind the delays for GT Sport, there's always other games to play, plus it gives me more time to save up for a PS4pro and 4K TV.

This is the first GT sport video where I noticed the new driving aid of apex indicators (the green triangles). I don't know if other games have given an alternative to a driving line approach, but this apex indicator seems like a refreshing way to try and learn the racing line, rather than just sticking to a virtual line.

I really like it. I think it's better than a racing line. It teaches people to get their eyes up and look at the points ahead instead of just watching the road in front of them, and it's much less distracting from the environment.

I'm not sure whether I like the green triangles or cones better, but the triangles are nice and clearly visible.

I also think it's better, the only thing I've noticed with people playing the demo builds is some are seeing the markers as targets and swerving across the track to 'get' them all, even if they're not already on the racing line. They'll have to try and teach people not to do that somehow.

I think the graphics look immersive, lighting looks spot on. I don't mind the delays for GT Sport, there's always other games to play, plus it gives me more time to save up for a PS4pro and 4K TV.

It's been in all the demo builds, was there when I played the GT Academy build and it is really useful and intuitive.

Christs sake what is wrong with driving aids when you can just turn them off

Jesus Christ Almighty on a donkey, what's wrong with commenting on what I see and hear? Driving aids being turned on means you can take nothing of value from the visuals of the driving. Why do people jump at the chance to be so ticked off?

Great visuals, **** sounds and driving aids enabled. This gonna be another GT5? A game that was supposed to be released already and we're still getting trickled most content via phone recordings at game conventions.
Because of everything else you commented on in this quick venting post.

Jesus Christ Almighty on a donkey, what's wrong with commenting on what I see and hear? Driving aids being turned on means you can take nothing of value from the visuals of the driving. Why do people jump at the chance to be so ticked off?

Honestly, what's the point of bringing up the bit about the driving aids? They are phone recordings after all. To add more to that, they're not phone recordings of a competition. I very well may be as frustrated as you are after all this time since and still not hearing much of anything worth talking poop aboot.

Why no beta, no demo? Why haven't we seen a 3D model of the loch ness monster?

Last edited:
Back