Latest GT Sport Off-Screen Video Shows Horse Thief Mile & Improved Sounds

GTPNewsWire

Contributing Writer
United States
GTPHQ
Last edited by a moderator:
The first car he drives sounds better, but it's hard to tell with all the background noise & him yapping, that & the fact it's not direct capture. The second car he drives still has that awful Gran Turismo grating sound, & while it's slightly more raspy, it still sounds sterile & awful to me. Not sold at all on this game as of yet. If the sounds are improving, which still remains to be heard, the improvements are minor & not enough to convincve me to buy it.

Wow that sounds unbelievable and by that I mean i can't believe it still sounds rubbish. The visuals look quite tasty though I have to say. SOUND SOUND SOUND boys!!! GET IT RIGHT DAMMIT!!! it may not be the final build I know but the same was said before GT5 and GT6 were released and look how dreadful the sound reproduction was there.

Graphics are getting closer to DRIVECLUB levels, but not there yet!

Sound is better but AI seems stagnant and still no damage. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't have damage in GTS at all. You'd think Kaz would've mentioned it by now since it's one of the most sought after things.

I think we just have to accept GT is about the cars - not wrecking them! :lol:

I'm pretty sure the green triangles are the apex points of each turns. Nothing else. The sounds are better and that makes me happy. I've been playing GT6 again for the past few days and they ruined a lot of sounds with the latest updates (I hadn't played in 2 years previously). I'm glad the Subaru at least has a B4 sound instead of the one it has in GT6... I'm still not getting a ps4 for this though. But... I don't know. We'll see when the times come.

The GTR sounds great, totally unlike a Gran Turismo car sound. The WRX sounds very GT-ish, but at least on the better side of that. More notable to me was the sound of that car he was following just before 4:00, that sounded pretty good. The impact sounds seem ridiculous, can't imagine those are final.

The GT-R sounds better than before but it's just a generic V6 sound and not an actual GT-R sound from what I can hear. You'd think PD would at least get it right on their favourite car?

EDIT: Just realised what it sounds like - the Forza Ford EcoBoost sound. Definitely not a GT-R.

GT-R sounds bland, but the Subaru definitely sounds like it's wearing race built components, heck there is a difference in tire sounds too, unlike the GT-R which was more than likely wearing street rubber the Scooby has a much lower sounding tone when the driver cooked it going into a corner.
Those visuals though are ridiculous, too bad there is no ToD shift or weather.
PS4 and Pro will have largely the same game, Pro will have choice of 4K HDR @ 60fps, whatever that means. I hope it has the option of 1080p supersampled 4K @60 fps. That's how I play RoTR, looks absolutely fantastic. Still disappointed in this upcoming release of GT but as a first release on the new console it's still looks far more complete than any of the other simulation racers we've had make their debut on new gen systems. How complete remains to be seen, hope there isn't some day one massive 5GB update, I'm tired of that crap.

I must be one of the few then that thinks the the sound, specifically the engine sounds, have improved. Still remaining optimistic nonetheless:tup:

Nope. Sure its not perfect but compared to years of cars not sounding anything like their real counterparts (Corvette C5-R anyone?), feels like there is FAR more progress in GTS alone then in GT5 or GT6 and this is coming from someone that loved the AES effects on some of the VGT cars (that and still loves the Jaguar XKR-S in GT6)

A great improvement yes. But I notice they still are sticking to the tire model of not factoring in exact PSI and temp, so that is disappointing. It still largely comes off as familiar, and not too innovative in that aspect. I really love the graphics though. No real complaints there.

Still, I am not convinced to say bye-bye to my PS3 and pick up a PS4, nor convinced to buy one to buy GT Sport. Assetto Corsa has me hooked. I'd rather spend the money on a wheel and stand. But even then, over that, I'd rather spend my money on my real life Miata, to do real life track days and autocross, in real life. As well as buy real parts in real life and really install them to feel a real difference.

Those exhaust flames! So refreshing after Assetto Corsas cardboard flames. (Don't get me wrong, I love A.C.)

Nope. Sure its not perfect but compared to years of cars not sounding anything like their real counterparts (Corvette C5-R anyone?), feels like there is FAR more progress in GTS alone then in GT5 or GT6 and this is coming from someone that loved the AES effects on some of the VGT cars (that and still loves the Jaguar XKR-S in GT6)

Oh yea definitely seems to be more progress made in GTS than 5 and 6 combined I'd say. And granted, there was the odd car here and there in 5 and 6 that sounded good/accurate. One example I can think of being Senna's Lotus 98T in GT6. Which is frustrating as it show's that they can do it when they try.

I will wait to judge the sounds until I can hear a final copy of the game - difficult to judge at the moment, but they need to improve massively over GT6.

I'm not sure why they have bothered with Horse Thief Mile - it is too narrow and twisty to be of any use for anything other than karts.

I have preordered and waiting for a release date!

Unfortunately it looks like the cut a large portion of cars mostly street which I enjoy the most. Nonetheless I will playing, hoping all the GT6 "hiccups" are cured by then!

Last edited:
I don't see the sound improvement anywhere in this video.
You must be deaf, then. Listen to the part starting at 2:03 and tell me that Subie doesn't sound absolutely brutal.

Oh yea definitely seems to be more progress made in GTS than 5 and 6 combined I'd say. And granted, there was the odd car here and there in 5 and 6 that sounded good/accurate. One example I can think of being Senna's Lotus 98T in GT6. Which is frustrating as it show's that they can do it when they try.
Let's not forget the Red Bull X cars' sounds!

What is this. It actually sounds like metal snapping and buckling when you hit another car?!

Good thing I still got that preorder receipt lying around.

Engine/exhaust sounds improved, yes (many of the people who replied before me should wash their ears if they don't hear the difference)
...but the collision sounds at 00:37, 2:25 and 4:10 are totally unrealistic.

Last edited:
You must be deaf, then. Listen to the part starting at 2:03 and tell me that Subie doesn't sound absolutely brutal.

No. If the car is supposed to sound like a race car, then it doesn't at all: . The engine note is completely different, and of course the other elements like upshift/downshift transition and other things are non existent on GT Sport.
If it is supposed to be completely stock, then I will give you that the engine note is not so bad, but the delay between upshifts and downshifts is 0, which of course makes no sense but indicates that it is supposed to be a race car, and it doesn't sound like one.

Back