Latest McLaren 570S Special Edition is All Aboot Canada

Given that one of them is heading to Vancouver I wonder if I'll ever spot one of these in the wild. Given that they're only selling five it would make it by far the rarest car I've ever seen in the wild.

Last edited:
Kinda weird to use Montreal as a background when Pfaff is based near Toronto. Still, is the cup holder big enough for my large double-double? :lol:

Kinda weird to use Montreal as a background when Pfaff is based near Toronto. Still, is the cup holder big enough for my large double-double? :lol:

I imagine this location was chosen as it’s less than a minutes drive to the Canadian Grand Prix track with a clear road, along with it being a massively famous piece of modern archicture.

Makes more sense than any site near Toronto if you’re trying to represent the brand as McLaren would want to.

I imagine this location was chosen as it’s less than a minutes drive to the Canadian Grand Prix track with a clear road

Having grown in Montreal I can assure you unless you take the metro, there's no way in hell this can happen. :lol:

I believe the Montreal dealer is the newest of the bunch, so that may explain it.

I'd say we don't have any architecture in Toronto as interesting as H67, but I know that's not true!

Funny that this thread, about a McLaren turns in to a thread aboot a beautiful futuristic place in Canada. I didn't notice H67 because I was focussing on the McLaren.

I'll join the conversation; H67 looks like a scene from Star Wars.

BTW, I like the white/red combintion. Doesn't really look like red on this monitor. Looks more like dark red/purple-ish.

:P

I love brutalist metabolism. Shame the movement never really got out of concept phase, and we were left with only a few functioning prototypes. If only the Tokyo Bay idea could have taken off....

kenzo-tange-plan-tokyo-1960-09-2.jpg

kenzo-tange-plan-tokyo-1960-01-1.jpg

kenzo-tange-plan-tokyo-1960-08.jpg

At least we got H67 and Kurokawa's capsule apartments + a smattering of others:

Oh the car is alright too I guess.

I do like Habitat 67, I wouldn't want everything to look like it but this sort of thing certainly has its place in moderation. It would make a change from seeing yet another curtain glass wall structure going up.

Oh and McLaren have seriously messed up if we are talking about the 50 year old building behind the car! :lol:

It's the Canadian edition, not us boys down south.

Needless to say, I was quite confused at E3 last year when I discovered a double-double is a very different thing at In-N-Out.

It was the good kind of discovery.

That building complex is wild. Looks like something inspired by M.C. Escher's work, just with less upside down bits, haha. Do like the 570S though, a combo of the 650S front with the rear of this would look super good IMO.

Back