Latest PlayStation 5 Rumor: PS Plus Premium Service Will Include Early Game Access

The only thing that's keeping consoles alive are exclusives titles.

Meanwhile back in reality

Ubisoft
Screenshot-2_12_2018-5_49_17-PM2.jpg

The majority of the gaming industry are solely reliant on consoles as the majority of their software are sold on said platforms.

So early access and private lobby won't be for everyone as for now (at the pleasure of developers), but exclusive for PSN++. It's not a step forward, it's a step backwards.
To put it in perspective and relevant to this website, many people here were disappointed that they missed out on an access code to the GT Sport closed beta.
On a more broader note, the vast majority of PS betas always have 'limited space' for participants.
If this rumour is to be believed, then those that subscribe would have guaranteed access to all such betas.

How does this make it a "step backwards"?

*Edit*
@Slapped @ImaRobot
I don't have much experience with early access games, although I did buy in to Crytivo's Universim many months ago.
But a current example of a Steam type early access PS game would be "Dreams".
Early access, low purchase price, limited beta spaces, limited features, access to new content when added, no release date.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-starts-on-16th-april/

Last edited:
That's the single most annoying thing about consoles today, but it is the exception rather than the rule, as you're not prompted for an update every single time you fire up a console to play a game. Just everytime you really want to play a game

PS5 games at launch
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • PUBG remaster (4K free to play with PS+ only on PS5)
  • Last of Us: Part II remaster
  • Ghost of Tsushima remaster
  • Battlefield Bad Company 3
  • Harry Potter
  • Assassin's Creed
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news...mes-pubg-remaster-gran-turismo-7-sony-2023504

This rumor makes no goddamn sense and these games are easily predictable,bad company was rumored to be the next battlefield 2 years ago,it is known the next assasins creed will only arrive next year,the harry potter game was leaked and it could arrive either next year or 2021.With Backwards compatibility there will be no need for devs to make remasters.GT7 is not coming next year.

GTA 6 is the one game that proves this leak is false,Rockstar now uses all their studios to make games and their studios were busy in 2018 with Red Dead,no way they would make a big GTA game in only 2 years when Red Dead took them 8 years.

Who's looking forward to GTA VI for PS5 in the future?

I was honestly hoping for Bully 2,there were some leaks last year about it.A known rockstar leaker said bully 2 was the next rockstar game and a few months after he said that Take 2 and rockstar told him to stop leaking stuff

This rumor makes no goddamn sense and these games are easily predictable,bad company was rumored to be the next battlefield 2 years ago,it is known the next assasins creed will only arrive next year,the harry potter game was leaked and it could arrive either next year or 2021.With Backwards compatibility there will be no need for devs to make remasters.GT7 is not coming next year.

GTA 6 is the one game that proves this leak is false,Rockstar now uses all their studios to make games and their studios were busy in 2018 with Red Dead,no way they would make a big GTA game in only 2 years when Red Dead took them 8 years.

I was honestly hoping for Bully 2,there were some leaks last year about it.A known rockstar leaker said bully 2 was the next rockstar game and a few months after he said that Take 2 and rockstar told him to stop leaking stuff
I almost forgot about that one although Rockstar still seems to remain tight-lipped about a Bully sequel these days. At least we already know that the game lineup for the PS5 this future will be awesome. Just hoping they'll come out sooner than we can expect.

Latest Posts

Back