Latest PlayStation 5 Rumor: PS Plus Premium Service Will Include Early Game Access

EA already does this for it's major titles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony teamed up with publishers to include this to everyone all at once via PS+ rather having to sign up to a myriad of different services. Could also help push more pre-orders through the PSN Store, as the PS+ version could be exclusive to the PSN Store

Nice. Just what we needed: early access.

If day 1 releases of games nowadays are already the bug-fest we are used to, I'd definitely would want early access, if not, to see my ps5 lunching fireworks and rockets. :sly:
Exactly. That is why I never buy new games :D (except GT :D )

Nice. Just what we needed: early access.

If day 1 releases of games nowadays are already the bug-fest we are used to, I'd definitely would want early access, if not, to see my ps5 lunching fireworks and rockets. :sly:

https://www.ea.com/ea-access

You've been missing out.

Anthem had/has PS4's hard crashing requiring database rebuilds, which potentially seriously damage the PS4's data.

If I had to pay for Premium PS Plus just to run a private lobby in Gran Turismo or any other games, I wouldn't even buy a PS5 in the first place.

I was hoping for a Bronze PS Plus that was way cheaper, & only included online multiplayer.

:(

Driveclub, No Mans Sky, GT Sport, PCars2 and a few others all make this a hollow sale for me.

No wish to be beta, for me, waiting a month at most and getting a discount (Dirt Rally 2.0, Ride 3) makes for more games in my arsenal.

The only thing that's keeping consoles alive are exclusives titles.
That and all the convenience a vinsole brings...

A good part of the people dontd want to worry about what grafichs card they should get, what power source is good to his setup etc... They just wanwant to turn on the console, choose the game they want to play and play it!!

That and all the convenience a vinsole brings...

A good part of the people dontd want to worry about what grafichs card they should get, what power source is good to his setup etc... They just wanwant to turn on the console, choose the game they want to play and play it!!
Yep, console gaming all the way for me. I am not and never will be interested in gaming on a PC, and as far as I’m aware console gaming is far more popular than PC gaming.

I'm in early access with ACC right now. It's been a rough road.

This was my first EA game and I have no interest in doing it again.

Early access isn't for everybody, or is it for every game for that matter.

I've done a couple of EAs (for the Mac version games), and so far my experience has generally been good as you get to see the game grow. Also the developers for the most part value your feedback, so you get to shape the game in a small way. However you have to be totally aware that you're effectively an alpha tester that's paying for the privilege, and you have to be accepting of the fact that the next update may well break the game completely, or take the game in a direction that you may not be happy with.

If I was a PC gamer I would have been all over the ACC EA program, and would have gone in eyes open and fully understanding that a rough road was likely to be ahead of me. I might still do so, but currently I'd rather not bootcamp Windows onto my Mac.

However you have to be totally aware that you're effectively an alpha tester that's paying for the privilege
Jesus, how early is your access? I thought this was only a week in advance usually?

Buying a PS3 for $900 in front of my mother while unemployed took some explaining,Buying a $2500 Alienware laptop the same day Dirt Rally was released required going to sea tuna fishing so she couldn't give me that disappointed look.
Neither now interest me as much because games suck these days,I've got 140gb worth of updates/patches just on PS4 that I can't afford due to not being land based and Australian internet being such a ****ing ripoff.
Now consoles are going to stream all content with no physical ownership.
I'm Done. **** PS5. From a PS4 pro owner.

Jesus, how early is your access? I thought this was only a week in advance usually?

Nope, one of the games I'm in EA with has been in EA for over two years. In fact I doubt it will ever come out of EA, but that's not a problem for me as I've well and truly had my money's worth, and it's still being supported and developed.

Also on the table is the ability for players to create private lobbies.

Isn't this a big oof? I don't usually engage in private lobbies much, but those who often game in groups will feel the pinch of this, especially if it becomes mandatory in all games to require a premium subscription to create a private lobby.

Nope, one of the games I'm in EA with has been in EA for over two years. In fact I doubt it will ever come out of EA, but that's not a problem for me as I've well and truly had my money's worth, and it's still being supported and developed.
Now that’s early access :lol:

I really don’t think that’s the same thing here, though. I’m thinking this early access is more along the lines of how Sony pay for the rights to get early access to post-release content on games like COD, a week before Microsoft.

Now that’s early access :lol:

I really don’t think that’s the same thing here, though. I’m thinking this early access is more along the lines of how Sony pay for the rights to get early access to post-release content on games like COD, a week before Microsoft.

That‘s not really what EA means to me, at least not in the sense that Steam does it. What you‘re talking about is time limited exclusive access.

I‘m all for EA when it comes to interesting niche titles done by small independent studios, and one or two man developers, as it provides them with a source of income while they develop a game, a game that otherwise may not come to fruition without those funds. Think of it as a Kickstarter where you actually get something immediately for your money.

I‘m less enthusiastic about large well funded studios getting you to pay for early access. Select beta access would be a better for them. And quite frankly most games from such studios that I‘ve pre-ordered and got on day one have been a bug riddled mess more akin to EA products anyway.

That‘s not really what EA means to me, at least not in the sense that Steam does it. What you‘re talking about is time limited exclusive access.

I‘m all for EA when it comes to interesting niche titles done by small independent studios, and one or two man developers, as it provides them with a source of income while they develop a game, a game that otherwise may not come to fruition without those funds. Think of it as a Kickstarter where you actually get something immediately for your money.

I‘m less enthusiastic about large well funded studios getting you to pay for early access. Select beta access would be a better for them. And quite frankly most games from such studios that I‘ve pre-ordered and got on day one have been a bug riddled mess more akin to EA products anyway.
I’m not talking about EA.

EDIT: actually I’m just getting that mixed up with what people usually associate as EA lol. Will touch up on this in just a bit.

EDIT #2:
That's where I think you're mixing things up. This isn't Steam. What exactly is the different between Early access and what you're saying here? The way the article reads out is that it'll be something closer to the launch period of the game, rather than Pre-alpha and alpha stages of one, like you mentioned.

I'm thinking it'll be less niche titles and Indie studios and more big names as that's whats going to be the draw to the vast majority of people.

I'd rather not think of it as a kickstarter, because that sounds like I'd potentially be losing moneys worth by supporting games that may or may not come to fruition, if what you're saying is true, for what might be an additional cost(if not, cool, I'm all good.) If that was the case, I'd rather choose where that money is going.

That's likely where it'll be headed. I doubt the greater majority of the playerbase is going to care about joe-schmo and his relatively small game, as good as it may be. The draw is going to be those big names that everyone's been waiting for.

Last edited:
I’m not talking about EA.

EDIT: actually I’m just getting that mixed up with what people usually associate as EA lol. Will touch up on this in just a bit.

EDIT #2:

That's where I think you're mixing things up. This isn't Steam. What exactly is the different between Early access and what you're saying here? The way the article reads out is that it'll be something closer to the launch period of the game, rather than Pre-alpha and alpha stages of one, like you mentioned.

I'm thinking it'll be less niche titles and Indie studios and more big names as that's whats going to be the draw to the vast majority of people.

I'd rather not think of it as a kickstarter, because that sounds like I'd potentially be losing moneys worth by supporting games that may or may not come to fruition, if what you're saying is true, for what might be an additional cost(if not, cool, I'm all good.) If that was the case, I'd rather choose where that money is going.

That's likely where it'll be headed. I doubt the greater majority of the playerbase is going to care about joe-schmo and his relatively small game, as good as it may be. The draw is going to be those big names that everyone's been waiting for.

I think you're right overall in that early access would mean a VIP pass to a game before it's official release, and I don't think that the Steam idea of early access would translate particularly well to consoles - different user base with different priorities.

That said I stand by my comments in that I consider early access in terms of the Steam definition an important thing for the developers, and for the users, but only if you're prepared to take the risk of a game not coming to complete fruition - and that comes down to personal choice.

and that comes down to personal choice.
One that would be ultimately removed if it's just an additional price tacked onto the monthly subscription you're already paying for for PS+. On Steam, you get to at least choose which games that money is going towards. That's what I disagree with what you're saying.

I haven't touched my ps4 except to update gts and hang about for a few minutes. Next iteration i may probably just throw all my funds into a pc.

I've already gone to pc. only play single player games on my ps4. my two sons are pc only players

Not enough to keep me as a console player unfortunately. I still plan on switching to PC when the newest generation of consoles come out.

Besides, most games I’ve bought over the past few years already felt like early access titles but were still marketed as a complete games.

So early access and private lobby won't be for everyone as for now (at the pleasure of developers), but exclusive for PSN++. It's not a step forward, it's a step backwards.

Back