LCS - Season1: Lotus Elise 111R Series - Race 5/5 - COMPLETE

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 302 comments
  • 19,161 views

What Car For Next Season?

  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 RM Fully Tuned - Racing Softs

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 Fully Tuned - Sports Softs

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Honda NSX Type R '02 RM Fully Tuned - Racing Softs

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Lotus Evora '09 Lightly Tuned 315BHP - Sports Softs

    Votes: 4 30.8%

  • Total voters
    13
  • Poll closed .
Glad I was able to participate in this with you guys. I figured I'd end up near the back of the field since this is my first race with this group. I must say I'm surprised at how clean everyone raced. I loved every minute.

During the actual race itself I was pulling lap times that I didn't even come close to during practice and qualifying. Starting off in 6th position I figured I'd have a battle or two during the first two laps and slowly drop back. Miraculously though I had a great start and during the first few laps got myself into 2nd place where I stayed for about half of the race. I could never catch first due to him just being quick and me making small mistakes trying to push myself. I stayed behind and as soon as he dove into the pits so did I.

Coming out of the pits I was passed and put into 3rd where I pushed and pushed and made a larger mistake solidifying my finish in 3rd place. Starting this race thinking I would finish near the end only to actually have my sights on 1st and ending up 3rd I will have to say I was surprised with my own performance and I love racing with this group. Even the lapped cars were great by moving out of the way and letting the others through. I felt like I didn't even need to flash my lights. I cannot wait until the next race! Sunday is fine with me btw.
 
Last edited:
Next race will be at 4pm gmt this sunday!!!!

Deep Forest Raceway will be the track!
 
Great race everybody, I was happy to see everyone racing clean. I did however have a problem with all the chat that went on during the race, mostly during the middle laps. The chatting today was totally excessive and super distracting. If you spun out, got to the race late, didn't sign up or whatever, complaining about it during the race is distracting to other racers and disrespectful. I would be happy if there was something put in the rules about chatting during the race, but that's all I'll say. Everyone today was racing clean and it was a fair race, that's the most important thing. So I can't wait to see you guys next week and let's keep having good races. I had a bad day today but gained more experience and I am a better GT5 driver now than I was when the race started, cant wait for next week.
Tor
 
Great race everybody, I was happy to see everyone racing clean. I did however have a problem with all the chat that went on during the race, mostly during the middle laps. The chatting today was totally excessive and super distracting. If you spun out, got to the race late, didn't sign up or whatever, complaining about it during the race is distracting to other racers and disrespectful. I would be happy if there was something put in the rules about chatting during the race, but that's all I'll say. Everyone today was racing clean and it was a fair race, that's the most important thing. So I can't wait to see you guys next week and let's keep having good races. I had a bad day today but gained more experience and I am a better GT5 driver now than I was when the race started, cant wait for next week.
Tor

Totaly agree on the chat thing, very distracting! I really enjoyed the race from the back. Had at least 20 penalties which really killed any chance i might of had of finishing in the same lap as the leaders. Also the fast that the first time i drove the car was during the 20min practice before the race. But with all that, i still had a blast. I'll be doing lots of practice with the car and my G27 this week, and i like deep forest. So next week should be better.

Oh, and what a fun little car to drive!
 
Well, for me that was a fantastic result, and not one that I ever expected! I would like to put is down to the few hours of practice that I managed to get in before hand!

The race for me, while not varied from my point of view, was great fun. The first lap was the worst for a number of reasons, mainly due to the unfortunate incident involving Seven and myself that saw him getting a totally unnecessary 10 second penalty. Then, just a single corner later, came my one and only mistake of the race. I went unforgivably wide on the sixth corner that saw me lose a place to the_xeriff. Fortunately, for me at least, I was able to regain 1st place on the first corner of the second lap.

I didn't lose my position again for the entire race, the_xeriff dropped back to about 9 seconds until our pit stops on Lap 20 where I exited 7 seconds ahead. In the remaining laps of the race the_xeriff made a real push, dropping my lead to a mere 3 seconds.

Overall, a great result though with a lingering sense that it could have been better for others. I have taken a number of photos from the race, some of which are available on image hosting. I'll provide a link below.

Laguna Seca - Race Two Photos

laguna_seca_raceway_6.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hey Bakugekiki,
Nice pics. You deserved the win, you were faster in Qualifying and fastest in racing. Even without the bad luck from others you would have won. ;)

By the way, this goes out to everyone... The Lotus Elise season will be over in 3 more races, and I was wondering if I should turn it into a lightweight thing, and have the next series as '89 Mazda Roadsters?? Up to you guys.
 
Hey Bakugekiki,
Nice pics. You deserved the win, you were faster in Qualifying and fastest in racing. Even without the bad luck from others you would have won. ;)

By the way, this goes out to everyone... The Lotus Elise season will be over in 3 more races, and I was wondering if I should turn it into a lightweight thing, and have the next series as '89 Mazda Roadsters?? Up to you guys.

Is the Roadster RM'able? I like the idea of a championship with lower power cars, I think it allows a broader range of people the chance to race. I was thinking a Series with Cappuccino RM, Golf RM or NSX RM would be great fun, I was also thinking that maybe having a choice of a few cars that are very similar speed would be the best. The only problem there is finding truly evenly matched cars.

Also, I'm sure you'll be taking plenty of your own, but you are free to re-upload any of my pictures onto Flickr and use them on the OP.
 
Is the Roadster RM'able? I like the idea of a championship with lower power cars, I think it allows a broader range of people the chance to race. I was thinking a Series with Cappuccino RM, Golf RM or NSX RM would be great fun, I was also thinking that maybe having a choice of a few cars that are very similar speed would be the best. The only problem there is finding truly evenly matched cars.

Its not RM'able but it has some Aerodynamic parts to buy. I am tuning one around Trial mountain and it is only 2 seconds off a RM 111r around the 1st sector and I am only 2 seconds off my old 111R before I rm'd it time.
 
i had to move my play station this time so i did not d.c, it work i fished the hole meeting.

i managed to qualy 2nd. i could not done any better Bakugekiki was to fast. i was on the edge all the way round i don't have a clew how he was 0.500 faster.

so that race start was better for this one i was on the offensive from the start me and Bakugekiki had a good fight for about 5 corners but then i got a 10 second penalty :(.

the next 10 laps was hectic passing people and getting passed. then me and GTP_OnlyMe has a good little fight again as we did in the last race, i am sure we will have a good fight for the next race.

well done Bakugekiki it was a good win no one could get to you,
i hope the next race will be just as good
 
Next race will be at 4pm gmt this sunday!!!!

Deep Forest Raceway will be the track!

My favorite car at my favorite track! That is the final day of round 2 in GTAcademy so it's hard to tell if I'll have time to race next weekend besides the TT's. I'll be back asap though. :cheers:
 
How many laps will we be doing at Deep Forest? Also, is the big concrete slap before the first tunnel allowed, or of-limits?
 
How many laps will we be doing at Deep Forest? Also, is the big concrete slap before the first tunnel allowed, or of-limits?

30 laps of Deep Forest, 1.13 is an average lap... Should take less time.

Alsp, yes, the concrete bit in the first complex is allowed as it is now part of the track :)
 
Yo Guys.

Well congrats to our winner of Race 2 and to all who finished. I started better this week, no missed gear changes and managed to stay on track the whole game. The amount of cars I saw spinning off on the starting lap was crazy and I was glad I hadn't bothered to get too much in to the mix, first two corners. I took 4th, thanks to those errors, but soon slipped back to 6th (where I'd started).

So after that, again, I didn't really have any battles this week. I was either too far behind or too far in front, the whole time. In fact, I even made sure that when I pitted, I chose to do so on the lap that would leave me in plenty of space on my return.

I didn't see any bad driving which is pretty impressive in itself. Good clean racing and everyone's pretty damn respectful to each other too. :)

Happy to make it through all 30 laps and gain a few points. That was a win in itself.

Catch you all for some Deep Forest action, next week. If not sooner!

pEAsIde
 
i have been practicing on the track for a few dew days and my best lap so far is a 1.10.707 i nailed every apex.
 
i have been practicing on the track for a few dew days and my best lap so far is a 1.10.707 i nailed every apex.

nice my best is 1.11.261 :sly:
 
Is it too late to join this?
Could you put me down for the next series if so...
 
Practice session for next weeks race.
Add my psn to join my lounge. The lounge will be open the rest of the night :D. Have mini 5 lap races for fun, and just getting the lines for the next race so you might as well practice.
 
Last edited:
i have got so much better at this track since doing this practice i have cut about 1 second off my time i am setting 1:09:833
 
i have got so much better at this track since doing this practice i have cut about 1 second off my time i am setting 1:09:833

Yeah, the practice sessions have been really good. I thought that the mid 1.10s were good yesterday, I would never have expected to be lapping 1.09.733 just one day later.

I just hope that none of the uber-fast people sign in and make us feel slow!
 
I tried to join on a couple of occasions tonight, but got an incompatibility-error (774 or something) :indiff: It seems I'll have to practice by myself :sly:
 
I tried to join on a couple of occasions tonight, but got an incompatibility-error (774 or something) :indiff: It seems I'll have to practice by myself :sly:

Dam it is probably my Internet:banghead:.
I am going to be doing the same thing tomorrow night, for those like me who need to catch up :(
 
Yeah, the practice sessions have been really good. I thought that the mid 1.10s were good yesterday, I would never have expected to be lapping 1.09.733 just one day later.

I just hope that none of the uber-fast people sign in and make us feel slow!

dam it has been well good practicing very close races as well :)
 
dam it has been well good practicing very close races as well :)

Well for you two yes. My setup on my car under-steers so much and when it does not under-steer it bloody over-steers. So i need a new setup farst :nervous:. If not i am going to have to fight my way to the front of the grid :)
 
Is it too late to join this?
Could you put me down for the next series if so...

You can join but you would be at a disadvantage.
Next race 4pm Sunday
 
I tried to join on a couple of occasions tonight, but got an incompatibility-error (774 or something) :indiff: It seems I'll have to practice by myself :sly:

I had exactly the same problem. Strange, I notice you're from Belgium too.
 
Day Two of practice and quite early on I have broken my previous best by just over half a second! New personal best of 1:09.232!

I'm expecting it to be beaten soon, Europa says he can do it 2 hundredths of a second quicker! I think getting sub 1:09.000 will be possible with another few hours and a test of some different lines and techniques!
 
Last edited:
Day Two of practice and quite early on I have broken my previous best by just over half a second! New personal best of 1:09.232!

I'm expecting it to be beaten soon, Europa says he can do it 2 hundredths of a second quicker! I think getting sub 1:09.000 will be possible with another few hours and a test of some different lines and techniques!

I was 200ths faster into the 1st sector and just into the 2nd sector i spun.. bah.
 
I thought I was quite fast with my time but it turns out that my brother has been doing some offline time trial in his Elise to see how he competes. Currently his best time stands at 1:08.903, I think this is also quite fast. However, this time was set offline. So as the conspiracy theory goes, the psychics are different allowing him to get a slightly faster time.

I'm still going to try and beat it! How is everyone else faring?
 
Back