LCS - Season1: Lotus Elise 111R Series - Race 5/5 - COMPLETE

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 302 comments
  • 19,161 views

What Car For Next Season?

  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 RM Fully Tuned - Racing Softs

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 Fully Tuned - Sports Softs

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Honda NSX Type R '02 RM Fully Tuned - Racing Softs

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Lotus Evora '09 Lightly Tuned 315BHP - Sports Softs

    Votes: 4 30.8%

  • Total voters
    13
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys. Bit of a chaotic start with all the connection problems. Luckily most of us were patient, and eventually we got underway.

From my 3rd place on the grid, I made a decent start and hung on for about half a lap. It was instantly clear though, that both Bakugekiki and _Esprit were gonna be too fast for me. Pushing too hard on cold tires and the heat from the guys behind me, caused me to make a few mistakes and loose a few places. So in lap 2 I settled down mid pack, what seems to be my natural habitat.

In the middle I had a fierce fight with the_xeriff. We were both about equal in pace and we were on each others skin switching places over 3 or 4 laps. This brought us back to _Europa who overtook us a couple of laps before.

From now on I'm gonna have to guess a little, because to be honest I don't remember every detail :)

I believe that xeriff made a mistake at some point, leaving my able to finally breath a little and concentrate on _Europa. By this time we were just past the halfway point (lap 16-17) and _Europa was really struggling with his tires, but still fast enough for me not to pass him. He pitted and I deliberatly stayed out, knowing that if I could get another 4 or so laps in, I would have fresher tires than him if I were to find him again at the end of the race.

A couple of laps later I pitted and as expected _Europa passed me during my pitstop. I came back on track right in front of xeriff. I could've kept my pace and closed the door in the first corner, but I knew I would never hold him off with ice cold tires, so I let him by. This was the start of a second fierce battle just like in the first part of the race. Again we were battling our way back to _Europa.

Getting to the last 5 or so laps, I thought I wasn't gonna catch xeriff who was doing a good job preventing me from getting past. But suddenly, just before the tunnel he seemed to have a brutal lag-incident. One moment he was right in front of me, and the next moment he was on the left in the dirt for no obvious reason :eek: Very sorry for xeriff, but that's PS3-racing I suppose :nervous:

This left my quiet happily in 4th, the same position I had on the previous 2 races. I was catching up to _Europa though. I remembered that he had tire-troubles at the middle of the race, so I thought he might have the same poblem at the end. And I think I was right, because in lap 28 I saw his arrow spin, gifting me 3rd.

I had a scary moment in lap 29 (put my car in the wall on the straight), but luckily _Europa now had his hands full with xeriff, so I managed to keep 3rd. Very glad with my first podium :)

I now read that _Esprit shared the race with _Seven. I can understand the brothers desicion, but I raises an interesting question: As they finished 2nd, do they share points for that as well, both receiving half the amount? Or do they both get full points, even they only drove half the race?...

if you lot don't want us to have th full points we will half them to make it more fair:)
 
if you lot don't want us to have th full points we will half them to make it more fair:)

I thought it was fair considering Ben actually spun causing him to come 2nd and not 1st. It was just compensatin for the connection really. I would have done it for anyone else.
 
if you lot don't want us to have th full points we will half them to make it more fair:)

Don't understand me wrong here, I didn't pose the question because I thought it was unfair. I was just wondering what the policy was in a situation like this.

I thought it was fair considering Ben actually spun causing him to come 2nd and not 1st. It was just compensatin for the connection really. I would have done it for anyone else.

Voila, all clear now, case closed :)👍
 
Last edited:
Don't understand me wrong here, I didn't pose the question because I thought it was unfair. I was just wondering what the policy was in a situation like this.



Voila, all clear now, case closed :)👍

If you think it to be unfair then I am sure we could work something out, but I gave them both full points as Josh, who's account it was on, was leading the race until Ben took over. Also, as we do this for fun it's not likely that he wanted to only do half of the work. Just my views.
 
I got a DC really soon in to the race. After all of the room changing and being online much of the day, I didn't see that coming!

So... a good race for the rest of you I hope.

pEAs
 
My position on the whole points issue is, while I don't mind that both Seven and Esprit gained full points, I would say in terms of pure fairness that it is not the right thing to do. You only raced one race, yet points were awarded to the value of two races. You put in a joint effort, each of you put in half the work, so surely if we were taking the championship seriously you would only be awarded half points each.

The only point that I disagree with is that you are trying to justify gaining 100% of available points for 50% of the work by claiming that Esprit was winning, and would have won had Seven not crashed on lap 27. Damon Hill would have won the 1994 F1 championship, but he crashed out because of Schumacher. He couldn't claim points he didn't earn so he lost the championship.

Obviously this isn't F1 so we're not taking this seriously, I just hope that you can see in the essence of pure fairness that awarding twice as much as was earned is wrong, especially when you are basing it on a claim that you would have won when I could so easily have overtaken or even crashed. Keep in mind that this is my opinion and is not necessarily fact.

You also have to keep in mind that in a wider context someone might have said that Seven deserved 0 points, he couldn't connect using his own account so should have to settle for not earning points. I wouldn't agree with this because I know how much effort you put into the practice!
 
Last edited:
is it still possible to join?

i really enjoy driving the lotus, only saw the thread too late
subscription details:

PSN: The_Black_Stig_
A-Spec Lvl 32
 
I'm back to practice in preparation for the next race at Suzuka, after about 15 laps I have got my time to 1:58.644 in the dry. I have no idea how good or bad that is but I suppose I'll see when everyone else starts to post preliminary results!

Now I'm going to set a few laps in the rain!
 
oh i forgot

if all grids are taken, put me on the reserve list, i ll be on this sunday

Colour: Atomic Orange metallic tintcoat
 
Well i will take half points if you want because i no it is a bit unfair on the other but please don't give espirt half points because it is not his fault that i could not connect if that helps people.

because i want this to be fair for people.



well it was a good race apart from i could not enter in my own car. and i was a bit pissed off that i had done like 7 hours of practicing for the race and i come to that hope the next race is better.
 
I would like to make a protest!
On the race that is going to be next week is being held at Suzuka for some reason.

Here are my reasons not to got to Suzuka
(1) The track is well too long
(2) The track is too narrow to do any half descent passes.
(3) Fuji would be a better track because it is a shorter lap and it is wider, so more overtaking moves can be done. Then the race would be more action pact.


If you want to race on Fuji speedway join my protest :D.
Then we can have a better race meeting.
 
i would also like to do Fuji because i did not get to vote in the last one.
it just seems a much better track to use
 
Number of people that have voted against racing at Suzuka, And would rather race at Fuji.


Names of people:
TeamLotus_Esprit
TeamLotus_Seven
Bakugekiki
 
Last edited:
I'm happy to put my name forward to race at Fuji. Personally I would prefer to race at Suzuka but after numerous races at Fuji I can see the benefits and the close racing that it can generate.

In reality I feel that Fuji almost rewards sloppy driving and if not rewards definitely not punish. Suzuka is a thin, winding track that, while it has less opportunities to overtake, it would make for a much more satisfying race. Suzuka is a long track, and Fuji does suit the car in terms of length, but I do feel that Suzuka would produce a better race for those wanting a test of skill and endurance.

However, democracy can be good in some cases so I suppose I'll have to lose under the tyranny of the majority! If we have a draw I want to switch my vote!
 
Last edited:
In all honesty, I prefer Suzuka, but I'll comply with what the majority decides off course.
 
I don't mind which track, to be honest... I can lose on either of these :)
 
Looks like the Team Lotus guys need a bt of internal discussion here... Sort it in Norwich... Beer drinking and arm wrestling contests seem appropriate 👍
 
I've been back making some Race Cards since the ones posted haven't been updated for two weeks. I know that Europa is quite busy at the moment so I can understand if it was at the bottom of his 'to-do' list!

I have attempted to refine it while still retaining enough information. If you want to use them then I can easily resize it to make them smaller.

nurburgring_gpd.jpg

lagunaseca.jpg

deep_forest.jpg

My aim was to make it appear integrated into the post, when the series is over it may just be a neater way of presenting results.
 
So wheres the race next week, suzuka or fuji?
 
I'm back to practice in preparation for the next race at Suzuka, after about 15 laps I have got my time to 1:58.644 in the dry. I have no idea how good or bad that is but I suppose I'll see when everyone else starts to post preliminary results!

Now I'm going to set a few laps in the rain!


after an hour of practise i managed a 1:58.9, still approvable but i need to take high risks to get faster

don t forget i want to join for the last 2 races if a slot is open :)
 
So wheres the race next week, suzuka or fuji?

Where would you like to go? You have as much right to vote as anyone else. You may be casting the deciding vote if nobody else decides to vote. We would like a more decisive vote from Parkside if that's possible. Everyone who is taking part has the right to put their opinions across whether they are sensible or not!

Black_Stig, while it is certainly possible to find you a grid slot you'll probably have realised that there is no chance for you to finish in the top of the group. If it is a problem with Europa for you to join in the race there would be no problem for you to practise with the group at least, but wait until the next series is organised with a different car.
 
I will have to have a word with Europa tomorrow at school about the tracks. Because i know people want to be practicing for the race.
 
Number of people that have voted against racing at Suzuka, And would rather race at Fuji.


Names of people:
TeamLotus_Esprit
TeamLotus_Seven
Bakugekiki
BLASTO-MATIC
 
I say Suzuka, its where I've been practicing
 
I say we do Suzuka now and Fuji last as people have been practising on Suzuka.
 
Can we all vote on either Suzuka or Fuji.

Suzuka:
Torzilla
GTP_OnlyMe
Bakugekiki

Fuji:
TeamLotus Esprit
TeamLotus)Seven
BLASTO-MATIC

The reason Suzuka went up because some people voted for Fuji F and some others for Fuji GP or something.
 
Last edited:
Back