LDRAW - Virtual Legos.

• Thread starter Acid X
  • 92 comments
You have to download L3P from the LDraw website.

It converts .ldr, .dat and .mpd to the POV format.. Its dos command line prompt, but you also have to go to www.povray.org and get POV-ray in order to actually be able to render it.

Oh, and Gigo, i havent made anything yet.. But i'll start working on another in a few minutes.

After that ill go render it and slap it up here for your viewing enjoyment. ;) :)

stupid peice of frucking ****!!

i DLed all that stuff... all works except L3P, which you have to use the MS-DOS prompt. for some reason I don't have the MS-DOS promt. do you happen to kno anything about windows 98 and that stupid dos prompt thingy?

It takes ages to make a custom Lego figure and to get it to fit together perfectly!

Here is my latest creation a cool train!

Gigo, i did it through dos prompt.. I set the view to be able to see the sky (the background blue color..)

Here are the options i use when making a render:
-cg20,45,0 (this doesnt matter, as long as you set it low enough so it can see the sky.. its: Height,Rotation,Zoom[? not sure]) -b (background) -f (floor)

Thats what i use to be able to see the sky. :)

Oh and nice train and car, dude! I got somethin to show you soon enough. ;)

Welp, FINALLY after many hours of working on it its done!

This is lego set #6335.. Not sure what its called right now..

After about 10 minutes of tinkering with stuff in POV-Ray this is what resulted. I put in about 4.5 hours of work into this model right here.. Had to get it all perfect, y'know. ;)

Tell me watcha think! :D

(And for your info, the guy in the blue is "Jumping" out of the truck, and the yellow guy.. Well.. Hes just floating.. :lol: )

P.S. There are minor differences from this set to the real one.. Such as stickers.. Actually thats all thats different. :odd:

Attachments

• 6335scene.jpg
    6335scene.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 70
its cool :thumbsup:

did u do it with instructions or from memory?

PIC: last one im doin tonight.... the Triforce Quad-Engine Fighter...

the program said that symbol was somthin else, but it looks like the triforce.

Instructions off of www.brickshelf.com

Pretty sweet site.. Has all the building instructions for all models up until 1999, and also has user created gallleries with other peoples creations in LDraw and their real life creations.

Sweet ride there psonefreak... You do know you can click the Color button next to all the colors and scroll down to find the transparent colors.. dont you? :P

i knew you could scroll down, but i didn't kno it was transparent... but theres nothin to be transparaent on that cuz there's nothin in the cockpit.. llol...

Lol, i see.. Well when you scroll down, usually the ones right under the active ones when the window opens are the tranparencies (you can tell by how they are faded slightly. ;))

That is one sweet model!

I found that site it is awsome with all the instructions!

You know your go-cart transporter I wanted that mdoel when I was like 10 but never got it I got other things but now I can make virtual versions! :D

I got bored so I made a wallpaper with my train model :P

Lol, looks sweet Gigo.. I used to have that set, but i lost a ton of legos and alot of parts that came with that set, and i also lost the instructions :shakehead :(

How could you loose the instructions! - From all my brothers and my Lego sets we only lost stickers, instructions for our oldest model (a small police car), lost about 3 pieces and damaged about 12..................and I tell you we have plenty of models!

Back