Le Tour de France

Woo-hoo!

NOW the Tour starts... Tourmalet and Luz-Ardiden...

I just love the mountains... time for people to crack!!!

First 130km going slightly uphill, and then 3 monsters that go straight up. Let's see how many riders will crack today!

33 stitches and still Hoogerland is going for it! Go Johnny!!

Last edited:
Pfeeew, Thomas almost went over the edge twice in the first 500 meters of the first descent.

Another Monster stage tonight... the pain is gonna start...

This tour could've been one for the ages if not for the 5-6 contenders having to abandon...

They say who wins at Plateau de Beille wins the Tour. Well that's not going to happen but great win for Jelle Vanendert and great climb for Voeckler I didn't thought that he was going to keep the Yellow jersey. Contador was better today and looks like we will do well and try to win time in the Alps. Tomorrow is probably for the Sprinters other way to say: is probably for Cavendish.

Last edited:
And Cavendish wins... again. Boring stage until about 3km when Gilbert attacked but no good. Will Cavendish finally win the Green Jersey? or will Gilbert, Rojas or maybe Hushovd win points in the mountain stages. The final week of the Tour starts Tuesday and then we will know everything.

Submerged
He was accused of taking drugs last year, I think....

Would kinda give weight to that if he did badly this year....

Yes, because completing the hardest Giro in history doesn't drain any power and energy. But hey, it's not like he fell at least 3 times the first week...

If you are going to talk rubbish about Contador you might as well take the effort and bring on some decent facts.

Well Contador did better yesterday so he must be better of his knee but after the Giro I don't now if he can gain a lot of time on the alps.

He won't pull it off. I understand he wants to win all three big tours but I think he forgot all three tours have gotten so much harder over the years. My money is on F. Schleck, assuming Evans won't be able to follow an attack in the Alps. But if Evans will be able to follow on every attack its pretty much in the bag for him.

I think is for Evans or A. Schleck. Frank was falling behing in the end of Plateau de Beille. But Voeckler still can surprise everybody and win the Tour. And we still have Ivan Basso and other so this looks like the first tour in the last couple of years with lots of contenders.

Voeckler doesnt stand a chance, something he admitted himself. The 3 Alps stages will be brutal and only the best will stick together. As much as impressing Voeckler has been, the coming stages will be too steep for him to follow. It doesnt matter, though, he has had a fantastic Tour this year.

I also think the Voeckler will not win, we will probably be top 10 but I thought that by the start if the 3rd week he would have lost the Yellow Jersey but no. This last three stages (not counting today's stage) were very hard and he manage to keep the Yellow Jersey. He will not pass Alpe d' Huez, I think he will fall behind in Galibier if he even reaches there. But all can happen, let's wait until Wednesday when the real mountain starts again when they will pass by some Italian mountains.
Now for Tuesday stage who you think will win? The Portuguese Sergio Paulinho won there last year (yeahhh:)) and I think he will try to do it again now. And Radioshack needs it after a bad tour for them. At least until now.

Last edited:
What a stage today! After Contador's attack this stage became one of the best stages so far. Hushovd won again in a sprint finish with Boasson Hagen. Evans gain 2 seconds to Contador and Sanchez , 20 seconds to F. Schleck and Voecker who did very well again and over 1 minute to A. Schleck who did not very well on the downhill. Mark Cavendish finished only 6 or 7 minutes after Hushovd which was a surprise I thought that he would lose more time although this doesn't matter. Great stage today now let's wait for tomorrow and the finish in Italy.

Voeckler amazed me yet again. Also, FDJ's tank seems to contain infinite energy to feed its riders.

FDJ isn't a team. Is a moneybox. They are always at the intermediate sprints and mountains to win money. The only thing that that they don't win money is on stage wins.

Last edited:
cadel looks to be the favourite after yesterdays stage, he showed that he can ride with contador up hill with ease, and even pulled out an extra 5 seconds over him after the downhill run to the line, andy shleck looks a gonna

Another very good stage today. Contador tried to win more time but he was caught in the last 300 meters or so. Voeckler got of the road on the Downhill at the downhill and lost about 30 seconds.. Another win for Norway with the win of Boasson Hagen. Tommorow two very hard mountains and the finish in another hard mountain in the top of Galibier Serre-Chevalier.

I wouldn't write Andy off just yet.. he looked strong enough today to match anything Contador can do going up hill... but he does need to improve his descending!

Shame for Vockler that went off road on the descent... his performance this year has been properly impressive considering that his team has no where near the depth of strength of Saxobank or Lepoard Trek.

The GC still looks open... another massive stage tomorrow and then 2 HC category climbs including the magnificent Alp Duez on Friday... going to be awesome :)

Cav looks safe in green as long as he can stay inside the limit on Friday.

Holy spaghetti legs! Did you see the course profile for tomorrow? Tomorrow is insane, no wonder the leaders didn't really attack today. These were mere speed bumps in comparison.

This race is officially on. Tomorrow would kill the average human just to complete, and they are racing. Then they need to save some in the tank for stage 19, then a personal time trial where up to a minute or two could be on the table.

Okay, now I'm watching.

The last mountain of tomorrow could be canceled because of the snow. Voecker would thank. But since the weather is better tomorrow they will go up it and it will be a great stage.

Today's stage should be an absolute belter, several HC cat climbs and then up the Galibier. Whoever designed this stage is both evil and amazing at the same time

Just out of interest but does anyone watch it on ITV4? I'd like to get a copy of the guide book that Paul Sherwen, seems to have every chateau and monument listed in it

Yes, because completing the hardest Giro in history doesn't drain any power and energy. But hey, it's not like he fell at least 3 times the first week...

If you are going to talk rubbish about Contador you might as well take the effort and bring on some decent facts.

Woah, seems like I hit upon a soft nerve with you.

What I was saying was this word "I think". The reason why I did mention it, was that there were rumours last year of some doping tricks that certain parts of the media alleged that he did. I cannot provide the information at this time as I didn't take much notice of it then as I wasn't really that interested in it. Wait, I am sorry. It was not last year. It was the year before. Stupid memory.

I was trying to shed light to another forum member why some people did not like Contador and called him a "cheat".

You are probably talking about me. I know it was allegations against Contador, and then the mystery meat he ate. I don't think anyone is clean, the folks who test for doping have a massive challenge since the cheating is always a step ahead of the testing.

Still, Go Schleck, Go!!!!!

Latest Posts

Back