Leagues: Car choice discussion

• Thread starter EddyMaroon
  • 9 comments
Sweden
Sweden
LifelessRunner
I didn't find a topic regarding this, so I decided to create one. I've been racing quite a bit in Leagues the last week. It's a trial and error process to find a car that is competitive in the race you are running.

In the current leagues I found that the car choice in the American muscle league isn't very important. All cars behave pretty much the same, and have equal upgrades. Your tune for the car is more important than the car choice, as it seems. Racing tires, max width and full weight reduction seems to be the recipe most people run. When running this build, you're basically even to anyone in the field. Decided to build a Hemi Cude with the Sport compound. Managed to keep up fairly in the corners, but had extremely poor braking. The power I had though was such an advantage on long tracks. I won the race at Bathurst despite hitting the wall at turn two the first lap. At Daytona I would have won if it wouldn't have been for a back marker who thought it'd be funny to ram everybody with a few hundred metres to go to the finish. I flipped the car on the banking, still finished third.

The S class league is where car choice is more important. I've so far tried a Mercedes CLK-GTR for grip tracks, and a McLaren F1 for speed tracks. They both work really well, putting me in the top 4 almost all races. I've so far raced against the Honda RA300, which seems to be a great car for S class. Great acceleration, great grip, great top speed. Lacking a bit under braking, but they made some great lap times. They were at the top of the pack in all three lobbies I played in today, only challenged by GT-R's in the wet and BAC Monos on technical tracks.

Have you seen any cars that seem to work very well in these races? Share your thoughts below!

In the A class league the 73 Trans Am appears to have a slight edge over the others when it comes to handling tracks. The speed tracks seem to be quite varied in people's choices.

In S class you can't really go wrong with the 08 and 13 Vipers, I've just been using my 13 Viper for most races and have been top 3 every time in pinnacle, beaten by the occasional Ferrari 512 BB LM and other Vipers.

This topic has been discussed in this thread but there have not been many replying in there.

I have run leagues every week since launch. I usually stick with the non collision events and race mainly for fun. I only had a few S class cars so I found a few that worked decent yesterday.

2017 Ford Gt
2008 Aston Martin Team Forza (I think this is the car.) It actually handled pretty well.
2015 Vette.

I tried the 03 Celica but there is absolutely no way that car is any fun in S class especially with only 5.7 handling. I am actually going to sell this car tonight.

I am hoping to find some muscle cars that can run decent in S class.

Last edited:
I am hoping to find some muscle cars that can run decent in S class.

Dodge Charger Daytona can be good for speed tracks while still having somewhat decent handling depending on the build. I've had some success on tracks like Road America with the Charger Daytona and 2013 Shelby Mustang using some high power tunes, I ran in to a guy in public lobbies a few weeks ago who now has quite a few top 50 times in his 2015 Camaro so that has the potential to run good times.

I don't know how you'll find them to drive but there are some competitive muscle cars out there be it modern or classic.

I ended up creating and tuning several S class cars last night. Cant remember all of them. I think I am somewhere around 300th place in league play this week.

1. 2012 Lotus Exige - This handles pretty well on any track. Still needs a little tweaking but not bad as long as you take it easy on the gas and brakes.
  2. 2008 Aston Martin Team Forza-This car handles very well especially on high speed maps
  3. 2015 Infinity Concept-Struggling to get this car decent. Right not it is not too good with my setup. Beautiful car, just not good for S class.
  4. 2017 Ford Gt - This handles really well
  5. 2010 Lexus LFA -This also handles very well.
  6. 2015 Vette-handles very well.
  7. 1986 Metro 6R4-I tried this one time in the rain and something was very wrong with the tune. Major lift off problems and trans maxed out around 130mph. So this needs major work.
  8. 03 Toyota Celica-Absolute junk needs a major tune workover. Still don't think this will ever work for S class.
  9. Built a viper but have not tried it yet

I will try a few more cars tonight. Even try out some muscle cars.

I was going to build a LFA for the S-class, since it's one of my favourite cars ever made. Unfortunately, my controller died when I was tuning it. No more batteries at home. :banghead:

I was going to build a LFA for the S-class, since it's one of my favourite cars ever made. Unfortunately, my controller died when I was tuning it. No more batteries at home. :banghead:
Just plug your cell phone charger cable into the controller. Just about any cable will work for the X1. It is universal. Pretty sure you can even use a PS3 or PS4 cable to power the X1 controller.

Also make sure you buy rechargeable batteries. One of the best investments you can make. I had my very first set of AA rechargeable batteries for over 16 years before they finally died. :eek:

Just plug your cell phone charger cable into the controller. Just about any cable will work for the X1. It is universal. Pretty sure you can even use a PS3 or PS4 cable to power the X1 controller.

Also make sure you buy rechargeable batteries. One of the best investments you can make. I had my very first set of AA rechargeable batteries for over 16 years before they finally died. :eek:

Yeah, I'm going to get rechargeable ones this time. Since getting my Xbox in late August I've gone through five sets of batteries. Just haven't had the time this week, been busy to say the least.

Im currently ranked around 50 in the S class awd league. There are definatley a few cars that stand out among the rest.

The 1993 Mclaren F1 is my overall top pick. Handles very well with good stopping power. It also has a good top speed.

Next up would be the 2008 Acr viper. Best handling out of all the cars i tested so far. Brakes are very good. It lacks in power but can still get up to speed.

Third i would say is the ford rs2000. Handles very well with decent power and is easy to control. You can floor it coming out of corners without worrying about slight wheelspin. If your not so confident in your racing skill i would go with this car. The viper and mclaren can be a bit sketchy at times.

This would be fun.

Opel Kadetts vs. Holden Monaros.

The Opel would need fine tuning to pose a threat. I tuned my Kadett to E300 and Monaro @351, it's a 6 second difference on the mountain.

Back